Syracuse women showed the depth of their bench today in a 80-39 blowout against the Pittsburgh Panthers.
Center Kayla Alexander led the team with 19 points, but there was enough love to go around as every player who stepped on the court put up some points, and four players hit double-digits.
La’Shay Taft (G) and Carmen Tyson-Thomas (G) were hot from downtown, going 3-for-4 and 2-for-3 respectively.
The Orange came out of the gate with high energy and kept it going throughout the game. Defense was especially effective, with 14 team steals and 11 team blocks. Pitt couldn’t stop the offense either and Syracuse valued the ball, committing only 9 team turnovers.
A great crowd, along with the special edition “Play 4 Kay” breast cancer awareness pink jerseys really seemed to help the Orange women shine.
- Syracuse’s Dajuan Coleman credits practice, opportunity for career high - December 5, 2016
- Gbinije’s big shot, steady presence, key for Syracuse in win over Virginia Tech - February 4, 2016
- Chinoso Obokoh displays offensive abilities as Syracuse defeats Montana State - December 23, 2015
- Tyler Lydon tantalizes as Syracuse moves to 2-0 - November 18, 2015
- Kaleb Joseph provides spark off bench in new role for Syracuse - November 8, 2015
- Syracuse 47, Virginia 59: The Photos - March 2, 2015
- Why Syracuse’s post-season ban doesn’t affect Rakeem Christmas’ NBA draft stock - February 13, 2015
- Syracuse women’s basketball roar past Pittsburgh Panthers - February 16, 2013
- Syracuse women roll over Providence: The Photos - February 2, 2013
- Syracuse vs. Georgetown: The Photos - April 22, 2012