Syracuse will meet the Huskies in Connecticut on Wednesday, looking to extend their two game winning streak. Here is a preview of the game:
WOLF ARRESTED AND SUSPENDED: Earlier in the week, junior center Enosch Wolf was suspended from the Huskies after he was arrested by campus police on Monday morning. According to the campus police report, “Wolf refused to leave the apartment when he was asked to and grabbed the hair of the victim and pushed her head. Wolf also knocked the glasses off of the victims face with his hand. Wolf continued to remain in the apartment and was subsequently arrested by police.” Wolf was charged with third degree burglary, criminal trespass and disorderly conduct. In 13 minutes a game, the 7-footer was averaging 3.4 points and 3.4 rebounds a game. “We are aware of the situation concerning Enosch and we are taking the matter very seriously,” UConn head basketball coach Kevin Ollie said. “He has been suspended from the team indefinitely, until the legal and university process is finalized.”
SCOUTING THE HUSKIES: Despite Wolf’s modest contributions, he was the Huskies’ only true center, and the tallest player on the team. The next person in line to replace him is forward Tyler Olander. Though he’s had a disappointing season at 4.5 points and 3.7 rebounds per game, the 6-foot-8 Olander is going to be asked to handle the bulk of the work inside. Behind Olander is seldom used freshman Phil Nolan. Though he’s tall at 6’9″, he only weighs 210 pounds, and has logged just 25 minutes in Big East play and has just one rebound to date. But the Huskies have plenty of production in their backcourt, with Shabazz Napier (17.2 ppg) and Ryan Boatright (15.8 ppg) as the team’s leading scorers.
OPPOSITION RESEARCH: Visit the SNYUConn blog for more insight on the Huskies.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: Syracuse leads the all-time series between the two schools 54-36, and has won the last three meetings between the teams. The last time these two teams met was on March 8, 2012 with the Orange winning 58-55. Dion Waiters led the way with 18 points.
GAME INFORMATION: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 7 p.m. at the XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut. TV: ESPN/ESPN2.
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse target Taurean Thompson visits Seton Hall, Georgetown - November 30, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, Boston College 17 - November 28, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Texas A&M 67 - November 27, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Florida teammates Whittaker, Hawkins hold Syracuse offers - November 27, 2015
- NCAA Appeals Committee restores four scholarships to Syracuse basketball - November 25, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Taurean Thompson likes Syracuse, picks up NC State offer - November 25, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: How does Shafer firing affect Syracuse recruits? - November 24, 2015
- Syracuse fires football coach Scott Shafer - November 23, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse one of two recruiting Taurean Thompson hardest - November 23, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Elon 55 - November 21, 2015