Syracuse moved up three spots to No. 6 in the latest round of AP polls released Monday morning.
Syracuse defeated then-No. 25 Notre Dame on Monday. The Orange then cruised past St. John’s on Sunday as James Southerland returned to the SU lineup after missing six games with an eligibility issue.
Syracuse will be on the road this week, with games at Connecticut on Wednesday and at Seton Hall on Saturday.
Indiana (26 first place votes) took the top spot followed by Duke (20), Miami (17), Michigan and Gonzaga (2). The No. 3 ranking is the highest in Hurricanes history.
Louisville (12), Georgetown (15), Pittsburgh (16), Marquette (18) and Notre Dame (21) were the other ranked Big East teams.
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse target Taurean Thompson visits Seton Hall, Georgetown - November 30, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, Boston College 17 - November 28, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Texas A&M 67 - November 27, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Florida teammates Whittaker, Hawkins hold Syracuse offers - November 27, 2015
- NCAA Appeals Committee restores four scholarships to Syracuse basketball - November 25, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Taurean Thompson likes Syracuse, picks up NC State offer - November 25, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: How does Shafer firing affect Syracuse recruits? - November 24, 2015
- Syracuse fires football coach Scott Shafer - November 23, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse one of two recruiting Taurean Thompson hardest - November 23, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Elon 55 - November 21, 2015