Syracuse moved up three spots to No. 6 in the latest round of AP polls released Monday morning.
Syracuse defeated then-No. 25 Notre Dame on Monday. The Orange then cruised past St. John’s on Sunday as James Southerland returned to the SU lineup after missing six games with an eligibility issue.
Syracuse will be on the road this week, with games at Connecticut on Wednesday and at Seton Hall on Saturday.
Indiana (26 first place votes) took the top spot followed by Duke (20), Miami (17), Michigan and Gonzaga (2). The No. 3 ranking is the highest in Hurricanes history.
Louisville (12), Georgetown (15), Pittsburgh (16), Marquette (18) and Notre Dame (21) were the other ranked Big East teams.
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Impact of Robert Washington decommiting from Syracuse - August 31, 2015
- Rercruiting Roundup: Syracuse target Cycoby Burch will take officials before commiting - August 28, 2015
- Adelson: Syracuse football faces tough road to bowl game in 2015 - August 28, 2015
- Antwan Cordy — Meet the 2015 Syracuse Football team - August 27, 2015
- Rercruiting Roundup: Is the door open for Moustapha Diagne at Syracuse? - August 26, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Cycoby Burch to choose between Syracuse, three others - August 25, 2015
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Decommitted Amir Watts speaking to Syracuse - August 24, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Moustapha Diagne will not play for Syracuse - August 21, 2015
- Ervin Phillips — Meet the 2015 Syracuse Football team - August 20, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse keeping tabs on 2017 athlete Brandon Sebastian - August 20, 2015