Syracuse moved up three spots to No. 6 in the latest round of AP polls released Monday morning.
Syracuse defeated then-No. 25 Notre Dame on Monday. The Orange then cruised past St. John’s on Sunday as James Southerland returned to the SU lineup after missing six games with an eligibility issue.
Syracuse will be on the road this week, with games at Connecticut on Wednesday and at Seton Hall on Saturday.
Indiana (26 first place votes) took the top spot followed by Duke (20), Miami (17), Michigan and Gonzaga (2). The No. 3 ranking is the highest in Hurricanes history.
Louisville (12), Georgetown (15), Pittsburgh (16), Marquette (18) and Notre Dame (21) were the other ranked Big East teams.
- Boeheim’s Army general manager says Syracuse team will return in 2016 - July 31, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 RB Kevin Mensah puts Syracuse football in his top six - July 31, 2015
- Devon Clark commits, but Syracuse football apparently doesn’t accept — Cuse Clicks - July 30, 2015
- Syracuse football picks up commitment from 2016 DE Jamal Holloway — Cuse Clicks - July 29, 2015
- Louisville Cardinals — 2015 Syracuse Football preview - July 29, 2015
- Moe Neal to choose between Syracuse, Wake Forest — Cuse Clicks - July 28, 2015
- Jamal Holloway to choose between Syracuse, three others on Tuesday — Cuse Clicks - July 27, 2015
- Julian Whigham — Meet the 2015 Syracuse Football team - July 23, 2015
- Florida State Seminoles — 2015 Syracuse Football preview - July 22, 2015
- Former Syracuse target Harry Giles cuts list to five schools — Cuse Clicks - July 21, 2015