Syracuse moved up three spots to No. 6 in the latest round of AP polls released Monday morning.
Syracuse defeated then-No. 25 Notre Dame on Monday. The Orange then cruised past St. John’s on Sunday as James Southerland returned to the SU lineup after missing six games with an eligibility issue.
Syracuse will be on the road this week, with games at Connecticut on Wednesday and at Seton Hall on Saturday.
Indiana (26 first place votes) took the top spot followed by Duke (20), Miami (17), Michigan and Gonzaga (2). The No. 3 ranking is the highest in Hurricanes history.
Louisville (12), Georgetown (15), Pittsburgh (16), Marquette (18) and Notre Dame (21) were the other ranked Big East teams.
- What a Syracuse fan has to be thankful for on Thanksgiving - November 27, 2014
- 2016 wing VJ King taking things slowly with recruitment — Cuse Clicks - November 26, 2014
- 2016 forward Sedee Keita has several high-major offers — Cuse Clicks - November 25, 2014
- 2016 5-star point guard Kobi Simmons visits Kentucky — Cuse Clicks - November 24, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 7, Pitt 30 - November 22, 2014
- Kaleb Joseph shows growth as Syracuse edges Iowa - November 22, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Iowa 63 - November 21, 2014
- Star 2015 forward Thomas Bryant to visit Kentucky — Cuse Clicks - November 21, 2014
- In loss to Cal, Syracuse basketball’s inexperience shows - November 21, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 59, California 73 - November 20, 2014