Syracuse moved up three spots to No. 6 in the latest round of AP polls released Monday morning.
Syracuse defeated then-No. 25 Notre Dame on Monday. The Orange then cruised past St. John’s on Sunday as James Southerland returned to the SU lineup after missing six games with an eligibility issue.
Syracuse will be on the road this week, with games at Connecticut on Wednesday and at Seton Hall on Saturday.
Indiana (26 first place votes) took the top spot followed by Duke (20), Miami (17), Michigan and Gonzaga (2). The No. 3 ranking is the highest in Hurricanes history.
Louisville (12), Georgetown (15), Pittsburgh (16), Marquette (18) and Notre Dame (21) were the other ranked Big East teams.
- Colgate Raiders — 2016 Syracuse lacrosse scouting report - May 5, 2016
- What will Syracuse’s starting lineup look like in the 2016-17 season? - May 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse in final three for Taurean Thompson - May 5, 2016
- Belbey looking to add one more player to Syracuse alumni team ‘Boeheim’s Army’ - May 4, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 wing Jordan Tucker calls visit to Syracuse ‘great’ - May 4, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: CJ Holmes names Syracuse to top three, Orange offers slew of Florida prospects - May 3, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from graduate transfer John Gillon - May 2, 2016
- North Carolina Tar Heels — 2016 Syracuse ACC Tournament scouting report - April 29, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: John Gillon names Syracuse to top 3, will visit - April 29, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Spike Albrecht to visit Syracuse after Grant Mullins commits to Cal - April 28, 2016