Syracuse will try to end its first losing streak of the season when it returns home to play the Fighting Irish. Here is a scouting report for the game:
FAMILY FEUD: The Super Bowl featured a sub-plot between Harbaugh brothers. On the day after the Super Bowl, Jerian and Jerami Grant will have a family feud, as well. As you’ve heard many, many times on broadcasts so far, both are the sons of former NBA player, Harvey Grant, and nephews of another former NBA star, Horace Grant. Only a year and a half separate the two brothers. Jerian is averaging 12.6 points and 5.6 assists per game, while playing 35.9 minutes for the Irish. Jerami was expected to be sparingly used this season, but has been pressed into bigger duty now with James Southerland academically ineligible. It will be the first, and possibly only, meeting between the two brothers in college.
SCOUTING THE IRISH: Jack Cooley leads Notre Dame in points (15.0) and rebounds (11.3) per game. In a 79-71 overtime win on Saturday over DePaul, he finished with 26 points, 16 rebounds and 3 blocks. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, only 2 other times since the 1996-97 season has a Notre Dame player had at least 25 Pts, 15 Reb, and 3 blocks in a game. Eric Atkins leads the team in assists with 6.2 a game.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: Syracuse leads the all-time series between the two schools 24-19, with the school’s first meeting coming coming 99 years ago on February 12, 1914. SU won that game 50-14. The last time these two teams met, Notre Dame handed then-No. 1 Syracuse its first loss of the season. Without Fab Melo in the lineup, Cooley had 17 points and 10 rebounds to lead the Irish.
GAME INFORMATION: Monday, February 4, 2013 at 7 p.m. at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, NY. TV: ESPN.
- Thomas Bryant considering Syracuse, Indiana and Missouri — Cuse Clicks - November 20, 2014
- Lake Forest Academy DL Wesley Annan commits to Stanford — Cuse Clicks - November 19, 2014
- Syracuse commit Moustapha Diagne among elite recruits at Burger King Classic — Cuse Clicks - November 17, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 89, Kennesaw State 42 - November 14, 2014
- Roselle Catholic’s Isaiah Briscoe commits to Kentucky — Cuse Clicks - November 14, 2014
- Archbishop Carroll wing Derrick Jones to announce decision at 6 p.m. — Cuse Clicks - November 13, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 84, Adrian 35 - November 10, 2014
- Kentucky coach John Calipari visits 2016 wing V.J. King — Cuse Clicks - November 10, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Duke 27 - November 8, 2014
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: D’won Walker hoping for Syracuse offer - November 5, 2014