Former Syracuse defensive players Arthur Jones and Jameel McClain were part of the Baltimore Raven’s 34-31 Super Bowl victory on Sunday night.
Jones and McClain were the 48th and 49th players in SU history to participate in the Super Bowl. Jones played a huge role with a fumble recovery and a sack of San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.
The duo are now the 24th and 25th players to have Super Bowl rings. Last season, Tom Coughlin won the second of his two NFL rings.
While at Syracuse, Jones was a All-Big East first team selection in 2008 and 2009. His 145 career tackles ties for 10th on the SU record list for tackles by a down lineman. McClain was honored on the second-team All-Big East and a semifinalist for the Ted Hendricks Award.
McClain had been a starter for Baltimore until he was placed on injured reserve on Dec. 22nd with a spinal cord contusion.
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Mike Miranda, CJ Holmes, Deommodore Lenoir, Tye Freeland - February 12, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 85, Florida State 72 - February 11, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Ayinde Eley, Delone Scaife, Mike Epstein - February 11, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Lamont Wade, Ben Mason, Tyshon Fogg - February 10, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Elite 2017 prospect Hamidou Diallo to visit Syracuse - February 9, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse extends offer to Donovan Jeter - February 8, 2016
- Bailey: Syracuse fans ‘should be happy’ with incoming 2016 football class - February 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Joel Honigford, Jairus Grissom, Izayah Green-May, JaVont’e Richardson - February 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Scout ranks Syracuse 43rd in average class stars - February 4, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse adds impressive class on 2016 National Signing Day - February 3, 2016