Former Syracuse defensive players Arthur Jones and Jameel McClain were part of the Baltimore Raven’s 34-31 Super Bowl victory on Sunday night.
Jones and McClain were the 48th and 49th players in SU history to participate in the Super Bowl. Jones played a huge role with a fumble recovery and a sack of San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.
The duo are now the 24th and 25th players to have Super Bowl rings. Last season, Tom Coughlin won the second of his two NFL rings.
While at Syracuse, Jones was a All-Big East first team selection in 2008 and 2009. His 145 career tackles ties for 10th on the SU record list for tackles by a down lineman. McClain was honored on the second-team All-Big East and a semifinalist for the Ted Hendricks Award.
McClain had been a starter for Baltimore until he was placed on injured reserve on Dec. 22nd with a spinal cord contusion.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Louisville 76 (OT) - February 13, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 82, Clemson 81 - February 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Virginia 62 - February 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 100, NC State 93 OT - February 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse announces 2017 class - February 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 82, Florida State 72 - January 28, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Wake Forest 76 - January 24, 2017
- Can Syracuse still make the NCAA Tournament? - January 23, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Notre Dame 84 - January 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 76, Boston College 53 - January 14, 2017