Former Syracuse defensive players Arthur Jones and Jameel McClain were part of the Baltimore Raven’s 34-31 Super Bowl victory on Sunday night.
Jones and McClain were the 48th and 49th players in SU history to participate in the Super Bowl. Jones played a huge role with a fumble recovery and a sack of San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.
The duo are now the 24th and 25th players to have Super Bowl rings. Last season, Tom Coughlin won the second of his two NFL rings.
While at Syracuse, Jones was a All-Big East first team selection in 2008 and 2009. His 145 career tackles ties for 10th on the SU record list for tackles by a down lineman. McClain was honored on the second-team All-Big East and a semifinalist for the Ted Hendricks Award.
McClain had been a starter for Baltimore until he was placed on injured reserve on Dec. 22nd with a spinal cord contusion.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017