Former Syracuse defensive players Arthur Jones and Jameel McClain were part of the Baltimore Raven’s 34-31 Super Bowl victory on Sunday night.
Jones and McClain were the 48th and 49th players in SU history to participate in the Super Bowl. Jones played a huge role with a fumble recovery and a sack of San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.
The duo are now the 24th and 25th players to have Super Bowl rings. Last season, Tom Coughlin won the second of his two NFL rings.
While at Syracuse, Jones was a All-Big East first team selection in 2008 and 2009. His 145 career tackles ties for 10th on the SU record list for tackles by a down lineman. McClain was honored on the second-team All-Big East and a semifinalist for the Ted Hendricks Award.
McClain had been a starter for Baltimore until he was placed on injured reserve on Dec. 22nd with a spinal cord contusion.
- Jake Pickard — Meet the 2016 Syracuse Football team - June 30, 2016
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish — 2016 Syracuse Football preview - June 29, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Eric Coley, Allen Stritzinger, Cameron Jordan, Dakota Davis to Syracuse - June 27, 2016
- Michael Gbinije credits Syracuse coaching staff for transition to NBA - June 24, 2016
- Syracuse G Malachi Richardson: Being drafted was like ‘animal’ lifted off back - June 24, 2016
- Former Syracuse forward Michael Gbinije drafted by Detroit Pistons - June 23, 2016
- Former Syracuse forward Malachi Richardson drafted by Sacramento Kings - June 23, 2016
- Zack Mahoney — Meet the 2016 Syracuse Football team - June 23, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 Florida WR Joshua Palmer commits to Syracuse - June 23, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from 2017 WR Nykein Johnson - June 22, 2016