Former Syracuse defensive players Arthur Jones and Jameel McClain were part of the Baltimore Raven’s 34-31 Super Bowl victory on Sunday night.
Jones and McClain were the 48th and 49th players in SU history to participate in the Super Bowl. Jones played a huge role with a fumble recovery and a sack of San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.
The duo are now the 24th and 25th players to have Super Bowl rings. Last season, Tom Coughlin won the second of his two NFL rings.
While at Syracuse, Jones was a All-Big East first team selection in 2008 and 2009. His 145 career tackles ties for 10th on the SU record list for tackles by a down lineman. McClain was honored on the second-team All-Big East and a semifinalist for the Ted Hendricks Award.
McClain had been a starter for Baltimore until he was placed on injured reserve on Dec. 22nd with a spinal cord contusion.
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes cuts for Lonnie Walker, Jordan Tucker - August 26, 2016
- Adelson: Syracuse football improved, but still ‘four to five’ win team - August 24, 2016
- 2016 Syracuse Football Burning Questions: Can Eric Dungey stay healthy? - August 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska transfer Andrew White down to Syracuse, VCU - August 22, 2016
- Pittsburgh Panthers — 2016 Syracuse Football preview - August 18, 2016
- Steve Ishmael — Meet the 2016 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Cameron Reddish hearing most from Villanova, Duke, Syracuse - August 16, 2016
- 2016 Syracuse Football Burning Questions: How will the defense adjust to Tampa 2? - August 15, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Quade Green includes Syracuse in final nine - August 15, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Ethan Thompson talking to Syracuse about visit - August 12, 2016