James Southerland will be out at least two more games while he appeals his academic ineligibility, Mike Waters of the Post-Standard reported on Thursday afternoon.
Waters cited a source, who said that Syracuse will hear the appeal, and not NCAA officials. In a previous report, Waters said that Southerland has been suspended because a term paper was allegedly written by a tutor.
That means that Southerland will be out for the game this Saturday against Pittsburgh, and Monday’s game against Notre Dame. Syracuse is 3-1 in Southerland’s absence, with the Orange losing 75-71 to Villanova in overtime on Saturday.
Syracuse’s rotation is thin right now after the team announced Monday that starting freshman center DaJuan Coleman will be out four weeks with knee surgery.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Iowa 63 - November 21, 2014
- Star 2015 forward Thomas Bryant to visit Kentucky — Cuse Clicks - November 21, 2014
- In loss to Cal, Syracuse basketball’s inexperience shows - November 21, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 59, California 73 - November 20, 2014
- Thomas Bryant considering Syracuse, Indiana and Missouri — Cuse Clicks - November 20, 2014
- Lake Forest Academy DL Wesley Annan commits to Stanford — Cuse Clicks - November 19, 2014
- Syracuse commit Moustapha Diagne among elite recruits at Burger King Classic — Cuse Clicks - November 17, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 89, Kennesaw State 42 - November 14, 2014
- Roselle Catholic’s Isaiah Briscoe commits to Kentucky — Cuse Clicks - November 14, 2014
- Archbishop Carroll wing Derrick Jones to announce decision at 6 p.m. — Cuse Clicks - November 13, 2014