James Southerland will be out at least two more games while he appeals his academic ineligibility, Mike Waters of the Post-Standard reported on Thursday afternoon.
Waters cited a source, who said that Syracuse will hear the appeal, and not NCAA officials. In a previous report, Waters said that Southerland has been suspended because a term paper was allegedly written by a tutor.
That means that Southerland will be out for the game this Saturday against Pittsburgh, and Monday’s game against Notre Dame. Syracuse is 3-1 in Southerland’s absence, with the Orange losing 75-71 to Villanova in overtime on Saturday.
Syracuse’s rotation is thin right now after the team announced Monday that starting freshman center DaJuan Coleman will be out four weeks with knee surgery.
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: Najee Clayton to visit Orange on Saturday - October 31, 2014
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: 2016 guard Tyus Battle has ‘great visit’ to Duke - October 28, 2014
- North Carolina State Wolfpack — 2014 Syracuse football scouting report - October 28, 2014
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: Trevon Duval has ‘pretty good’ visit to Orange Madness - October 27, 2014
- Syracuse 6, Clemson 16 — What we learned - October 27, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 6, Clemson 16 - October 25, 2014
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: Malachi Richardson among top talent in 8Eye Classic - October 24, 2014
- Philadephia 76ers forward Jerami Grant: I miss ‘everything’ about Syracuse - October 24, 2014
- NCAA investigating Syracuse men’s basketball, football programs - October 24, 2014
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: Trevon Duval, Nate Pierre-Louis drawing high-major interest - October 20, 2014