James Southerland will be out at least two more games while he appeals his academic ineligibility, Mike Waters of the Post-Standard reported on Thursday afternoon.
Waters cited a source, who said that Syracuse will hear the appeal, and not NCAA officials. In a previous report, Waters said that Southerland has been suspended because a term paper was allegedly written by a tutor.
That means that Southerland will be out for the game this Saturday against Pittsburgh, and Monday’s game against Notre Dame. Syracuse is 3-1 in Southerland’s absence, with the Orange losing 75-71 to Villanova in overtime on Saturday.
Syracuse’s rotation is thin right now after the team announced Monday that starting freshman center DaJuan Coleman will be out four weeks with knee surgery.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 28, Boston College 20 - October 22, 2016
- Boston College Eagles— 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - October 21, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 31, Virginia Tech 17 - October 15, 2016
- Virginia Tech Hokies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - October 14, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 9, Wake Forest 28 - October 8, 2016
- Waters: Syracuse basketball in ‘good shape’ for 2017 targets - October 6, 2016
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - October 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse extends offer to 2017 five-star Billy Preston - October 4, 2016
- Syracuse football notebook: Tom Coughlin calls interview with Bills ‘none of your business’ - October 3, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Jasiah Provillon, Shayne Simon - October 3, 2016