James Southerland will be out at least two more games while he appeals his academic ineligibility, Mike Waters of the Post-Standard reported on Thursday afternoon.
Waters cited a source, who said that Syracuse will hear the appeal, and not NCAA officials. In a previous report, Waters said that Southerland has been suspended because a term paper was allegedly written by a tutor.
That means that Southerland will be out for the game this Saturday against Pittsburgh, and Monday’s game against Notre Dame. Syracuse is 3-1 in Southerland’s absence, with the Orange losing 75-71 to Villanova in overtime on Saturday.
Syracuse’s rotation is thin right now after the team announced Monday that starting freshman center DaJuan Coleman will be out four weeks with knee surgery.
- What should Syracuse basketball expect from Kaleb Joseph in year two? - April 1, 2015
- Thomas Bryant says Syracuse has a scholarship available for him — Cuse Clicks - March 31, 2015
- Thomas Bryant to pick college following Dick’s Nationals in April — Cuse Clicks - March 30, 2015
- Notre Dame hands Syracuse lacrosse its first loss of the season - March 29, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse goalie Bobby Wardwell: Team motivated to win championship - March 26, 2015
- Syracuse bound Moustapha Diagne’s team loses in T of C — Cuse Clicks - March 24, 2015
- Report: Ron Patterson, BJ Johnson to transfer from Syracuse - March 19, 2015
- 2014-15 Syracuse basketball team report card - March 17, 2015
- Texas Tech jumps into Sedee Keita sweepstakes — Cuse Clicks - March 16, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse rallies for win over Johns Hopkins - March 15, 2015