Syracuse dropped three spots to No. 6 in the AP poll after losing to Villanova on Saturday.
The Orange defeated then-No. 21 Cincinnati on Monday before dropping a 57-55 game to Villanova in overtime on Saturday in Philadelphia.
Michigan climbed to the top spot in the rankings and received 51 first place votes. It is the first time they have been ranked No. 1 since 1992.
No. 2 Kansas received 13 first place votes. Indiana, Florida and Duke rounded out the top 5. Duke was the previous number one team, but was blown out by Miami last week.
Other Big East teams included Louisville (12), Cincinnati (24) and Marquette (25). Georgetown, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh and Villanova all received votes.
- Colgate Raiders — 2016 Syracuse lacrosse scouting report - May 5, 2016
- What will Syracuse’s starting lineup look like in the 2016-17 season? - May 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse in final three for Taurean Thompson - May 5, 2016
- Belbey looking to add one more player to Syracuse alumni team ‘Boeheim’s Army’ - May 4, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 wing Jordan Tucker calls visit to Syracuse ‘great’ - May 4, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: CJ Holmes names Syracuse to top three, Orange offers slew of Florida prospects - May 3, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from graduate transfer John Gillon - May 2, 2016
- North Carolina Tar Heels — 2016 Syracuse ACC Tournament scouting report - April 29, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: John Gillon names Syracuse to top 3, will visit - April 29, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Spike Albrecht to visit Syracuse after Grant Mullins commits to Cal - April 28, 2016