Syracuse dropped three spots to No. 6 in the AP poll after losing to Villanova on Saturday.
The Orange defeated then-No. 21 Cincinnati on Monday before dropping a 57-55 game to Villanova in overtime on Saturday in Philadelphia.
Michigan climbed to the top spot in the rankings and received 51 first place votes. It is the first time they have been ranked No. 1 since 1992.
No. 2 Kansas received 13 first place votes. Indiana, Florida and Duke rounded out the top 5. Duke was the previous number one team, but was blown out by Miami last week.
Other Big East teams included Louisville (12), Cincinnati (24) and Marquette (25). Georgetown, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh and Villanova all received votes.
- Notre Dame hands Syracuse lacrosse its first loss of the season - March 29, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse goalie Bobby Wardwell: Team motivated to win championship - March 26, 2015
- Syracuse bound Moustapha Diagne’s team loses in T of C — Cuse Clicks - March 24, 2015
- Report: Ron Patterson, BJ Johnson to transfer from Syracuse - March 19, 2015
- 2014-15 Syracuse basketball team report card - March 17, 2015
- Texas Tech jumps into Sedee Keita sweepstakes — Cuse Clicks - March 16, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse rallies for win over Johns Hopkins - March 15, 2015
- Scholarship situation still unclear with Syracuse’s recruitment of Thomas Bryant - March 13, 2015
- Moustapha Diagne puts aside Syracuse distractions as team wins North A Title — Cuse Clicks - March 12, 2015
- A quick look at the 2015-16 Syracuse basketball team - March 12, 2015