Syracuse dropped three spots to No. 6 in the AP poll after losing to Villanova on Saturday.
The Orange defeated then-No. 21 Cincinnati on Monday before dropping a 57-55 game to Villanova in overtime on Saturday in Philadelphia.
Michigan climbed to the top spot in the rankings and received 51 first place votes. It is the first time they have been ranked No. 1 since 1992.
No. 2 Kansas received 13 first place votes. Indiana, Florida and Duke rounded out the top 5. Duke was the previous number one team, but was blown out by Miami last week.
Other Big East teams included Louisville (12), Cincinnati (24) and Marquette (25). Georgetown, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh and Villanova all received votes.
- 2016 wing VJ King taking things slowly with recruitment — Cuse Clicks - November 26, 2014
- 2016 forward Sedee Keita has several high-major offers — Cuse Clicks - November 25, 2014
- 2016 5-star point guard Kobi Simmons visits Kentucky — Cuse Clicks - November 24, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 7, Pitt 30 - November 22, 2014
- Kaleb Joseph shows growth as Syracuse edges Iowa - November 22, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Iowa 63 - November 21, 2014
- Star 2015 forward Thomas Bryant to visit Kentucky — Cuse Clicks - November 21, 2014
- In loss to Cal, Syracuse basketball’s inexperience shows - November 21, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 59, California 73 - November 20, 2014
- Thomas Bryant considering Syracuse, Indiana and Missouri — Cuse Clicks - November 20, 2014