Syracuse dropped three spots to No. 6 in the AP poll after losing to Villanova on Saturday.
The Orange defeated then-No. 21 Cincinnati on Monday before dropping a 57-55 game to Villanova in overtime on Saturday in Philadelphia.
Michigan climbed to the top spot in the rankings and received 51 first place votes. It is the first time they have been ranked No. 1 since 1992.
No. 2 Kansas received 13 first place votes. Indiana, Florida and Duke rounded out the top 5. Duke was the previous number one team, but was blown out by Miami last week.
Other Big East teams included Louisville (12), Cincinnati (24) and Marquette (25). Georgetown, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh and Villanova all received votes.
- What kind of freshman season will Syracuse G Malachi Richardson have? - April 17, 2015
- Maryland latest to offer 2017 guard Trevon Duval — Cuse Clicks - April 16, 2015
- Syracuse offers 6-foot-11, 2017 forward Mohammed Bamba — Cuse Clicks - April 15, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse dominates Hobart from every angle - April 15, 2015
- Kentucky latest to jump in Kobi Simmons sweepstakes — Cuse Clicks - April 14, 2015
- Syracuse Alumni Team adds Demetris Nichols to roster, could add Andy Rautins, Paul Harris - April 14, 2015
- Jamal Murray shines in Nike Hoop Summit championship — Cuse Clicks - April 13, 2015
- North Carolina holds off Syracuse lacrosse’s rally for 17-15 win - April 12, 2015
- Former Syracuse basketball star Eric Devendorf excited for The Basketball Tournament - April 10, 2015
- Syracuse wraps up ACC play against North Carolina - April 10, 2015