Syracuse dropped three spots to No. 6 in the AP poll after losing to Villanova on Saturday.
The Orange defeated then-No. 21 Cincinnati on Monday before dropping a 57-55 game to Villanova in overtime on Saturday in Philadelphia.
Michigan climbed to the top spot in the rankings and received 51 first place votes. It is the first time they have been ranked No. 1 since 1992.
No. 2 Kansas received 13 first place votes. Indiana, Florida and Duke rounded out the top 5. Duke was the previous number one team, but was blown out by Miami last week.
Other Big East teams included Louisville (12), Cincinnati (24) and Marquette (25). Georgetown, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh and Villanova all received votes.
- Clemson Tigers — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 25, 2017
- Zaire Franklin — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - July 18, 2017
- Pittsburgh Panthers — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 17, 2017
- NC State Wolfpack — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 10, 2017
- Ryan Blackwell on Boeheim’s Army, Mike Hopkins leaving, favorite Syracuse moment - July 7, 2017
- LSU Tigers — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 29, 2017
- Scoop Bradshaw — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 26, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: NJ wide receiver Taj Harris commits to Syracuse - June 26, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon’s selection by the Denver Nuggets - June 23, 2017
- Former Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon selected by Denver Nuggets in NBA Draft - June 22, 2017