Syracuse moved up three spots from No. 6 to No. 3 in the latest AP poll released on Monday afternoon. They are tied with Kansas for the third spot in the poll with 1,486 points.
The Orange moved up by defeating then-No. 1 Louisville 70-68 on Saturday. The Cardinals dropped to No. 5 in the rankings.
Syracuse received eight first place votes. Duke reclaimed the top spot with 39 first place votes. No. 2 Michigan got 11 first place votes, while the remaining 7 went to Kansas.
Cincinnati (21) and Notre Dame (24) are the other ranked Big East teams.
SU will play Cincinnati at the Carrier Dome at 3:30 p.m. on Monday and then travel to take on the Villanova Wildcats on Saturday at 11 a.m.
The Bearcats feature reigning Big East player of the Week Sean Kilpatrick. Brandon Triche was named to the honor roll after his 23 points lead SU in the upset.
- Tim Welsh calls Syracuse an NCAA Tournament team that could play into second weekend - December 9, 2017
- Matt Moyer gives Syracuse basketball hope after disappointing start - December 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Connecticut 63 - December 5, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, Kansas 72 - December 2, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Maryland 70 - November 27, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Toledo 64 - November 22, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017