Syracuse moved up three spots from No. 6 to No. 3 in the latest AP poll released on Monday afternoon. They are tied with Kansas for the third spot in the poll with 1,486 points.
The Orange moved up by defeating then-No. 1 Louisville 70-68 on Saturday. The Cardinals dropped to No. 5 in the rankings.
Syracuse received eight first place votes. Duke reclaimed the top spot with 39 first place votes. No. 2 Michigan got 11 first place votes, while the remaining 7 went to Kansas.
Cincinnati (21) and Notre Dame (24) are the other ranked Big East teams.
SU will play Cincinnati at the Carrier Dome at 3:30 p.m. on Monday and then travel to take on the Villanova Wildcats on Saturday at 11 a.m.
The Bearcats feature reigning Big East player of the Week Sean Kilpatrick. Brandon Triche was named to the honor roll after his 23 points lead SU in the upset.
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army crossing Final Four threshold builds momentum for 2018 - August 22, 2017
- Boston College Eagles — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 21, 2017
- Adelson: Syracuse football ‘will be better’ but bowl game may prove elusive - August 18, 2017
- Ervin Philips — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2017
- Louisville Cardinals — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 14, 2017
- Steve Ishmael — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 8, 2017
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 7, 2017
- Moe Neal — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Boeheim’s Army 77, Overseas Elite 81 - August 2, 2017
- Miami Hurricanes — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 31, 2017