Syracuse moved up three spots from No. 6 to No. 3 in the latest AP poll released on Monday afternoon. They are tied with Kansas for the third spot in the poll with 1,486 points.
The Orange moved up by defeating then-No. 1 Louisville 70-68 on Saturday. The Cardinals dropped to No. 5 in the rankings.
Syracuse received eight first place votes. Duke reclaimed the top spot with 39 first place votes. No. 2 Michigan got 11 first place votes, while the remaining 7 went to Kansas.
Cincinnati (21) and Notre Dame (24) are the other ranked Big East teams.
SU will play Cincinnati at the Carrier Dome at 3:30 p.m. on Monday and then travel to take on the Villanova Wildcats on Saturday at 11 a.m.
The Bearcats feature reigning Big East player of the Week Sean Kilpatrick. Brandon Triche was named to the honor roll after his 23 points lead SU in the upset.
- McAnaney: Days of Syracuse lacrosse as lock for Final Four are over - May 26, 2016
- 2016 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse G Malachi Richardson - May 25, 2016
- Former punter Brendan Carney talks Syracuse football, Riley Dixon, marathoning - May 18, 2016
- Second half rally by Syracuse lacrosse enough to silence Albany - May 16, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse, seeded No. 8 in the NCAA Tournament, will host Albany - May 9, 2016
- Colgate Raiders — 2016 Syracuse lacrosse scouting report - May 5, 2016
- What will Syracuse’s starting lineup look like in the 2016-17 season? - May 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse in final three for Taurean Thompson - May 5, 2016
- Belbey looking to add one more player to Syracuse alumni team ‘Boeheim’s Army’ - May 4, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 wing Jordan Tucker calls visit to Syracuse ‘great’ - May 4, 2016