Syracuse moved up three spots from No. 6 to No. 3 in the latest AP poll released on Monday afternoon. They are tied with Kansas for the third spot in the poll with 1,486 points.
The Orange moved up by defeating then-No. 1 Louisville 70-68 on Saturday. The Cardinals dropped to No. 5 in the rankings.
Syracuse received eight first place votes. Duke reclaimed the top spot with 39 first place votes. No. 2 Michigan got 11 first place votes, while the remaining 7 went to Kansas.
Cincinnati (21) and Notre Dame (24) are the other ranked Big East teams.
SU will play Cincinnati at the Carrier Dome at 3:30 p.m. on Monday and then travel to take on the Villanova Wildcats on Saturday at 11 a.m.
The Bearcats feature reigning Big East player of the Week Sean Kilpatrick. Brandon Triche was named to the honor roll after his 23 points lead SU in the upset.
- Recruiting Roundup: 2018 defensive back Jarrett Paul to visit Syracuse on Thursday - July 26, 2016
- How will Syracuse F Michael Gbinije do with the Detroit Pistons? - July 25, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from 2017 LB Nadarius Fagan - July 25, 2016
- Boston College Eagles — 2016 Syracuse Football preview - July 22, 2016
- Instant Juice: Boeheim’s Army 84, The Untouchables 91 - July 21, 2016
- Steven Clark — Meet the 2016 Syracuse Football team - July 21, 2016
- How will Syracuse G Malachi Richardson do with the Sacramento Kings? - July 20, 2016
- Dontae Strickland — Meet the 2016 Syracuse Football team - July 15, 2016
- Former Syracuse LB Jake Flaherty: ‘It’s an exciting time for the program’ - July 14, 2016
- Virginia Tech Hokies — 2016 Syracuse Football preview - July 13, 2016