Syracuse moved up three spots from No. 6 to No. 3 in the latest AP poll released on Monday afternoon. They are tied with Kansas for the third spot in the poll with 1,486 points.
The Orange moved up by defeating then-No. 1 Louisville 70-68 on Saturday. The Cardinals dropped to No. 5 in the rankings.
Syracuse received eight first place votes. Duke reclaimed the top spot with 39 first place votes. No. 2 Michigan got 11 first place votes, while the remaining 7 went to Kansas.
Cincinnati (21) and Notre Dame (24) are the other ranked Big East teams.
SU will play Cincinnati at the Carrier Dome at 3:30 p.m. on Monday and then travel to take on the Villanova Wildcats on Saturday at 11 a.m.
The Bearcats feature reigning Big East player of the Week Sean Kilpatrick. Brandon Triche was named to the honor roll after his 23 points lead SU in the upset.
- Michael Gbinije credits Syracuse coaching staff for transition to NBA - June 24, 2016
- Syracuse G Malachi Richardson: Being drafted was like ‘animal’ lifted off back - June 24, 2016
- Former Syracuse forward Michael Gbinije drafted by Detroit Pistons - June 23, 2016
- Former Syracuse forward Malachi Richardson drafted by Sacramento Kings - June 23, 2016
- Zack Mahoney — Meet the 2016 Syracuse Football team - June 23, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 Florida WR Joshua Palmer commits to Syracuse - June 23, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from 2017 WR Nykein Johnson - June 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2017 WR Nykeim Johnson - June 21, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse Football preview - June 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse football adds De’Jon Wilson, Tyrell Richards - June 20, 2016