After defeating No. 1 Louisville on Saturday, the Orange return to the Carrier Dome to play Cincinnati on Monday. Here’s a scouting report for the game:
WRIGHT STILL DAY-TO-DAY: Point guard Cashmere Wright missed Saturday’s game against Marquette with a sprained right knee after he hurt it early in the second half of Cincinnati’s 75-70 win over DePaul last week. Wright is the team’s second leading scorer at 15.1 ppg and leads the team in assists at 3.7 apg. It’s not clear whether he’ll return in time for the Bearcats’ matchup against Syracuse, but for one night, Sean Kilpatrick more than made up for his absence.
Kilpatrick scored 36 points, with seven of them coming in overtime, as the Bearcats ended a three-game home losing streak with a 71-69 win over Marquette in overtime. His layup with 4.3 seconds left proved to be the winning basket of the game. Not bad for the Bearcats’ leading scorer, who was just 12 for 40 from downtown over his last six games. After the game, coach Mick Cronin said Wright was day-to-day and would not return until he was “100 percent.”
SCOUTING THE BEARCATS: The aforementioned Kilpatrick is tops on the team with 18.3 ppg. Aside from Wright, JaQuon Parker averages 10.9 points and shoots 39 percent from downtown. While the Bearcats are a man-to-man team, Cincinnati showed some zone against Marquette and actually held the Golden Eagles to just 13 points at halftime.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: The Orange lead the all-time series 7-3, though the Bearcats won the last game between the teams. Cincinnati defeated the Orange 71-68 at Madison Square Garden in the Big East tournament on March 9, 2012.
GAME INFORMATION: Monday, January 21 at 3:30 p.m. at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, NY. TV: ESPN.
- Syracuse among nine offers for Georgia RB Darius Stubbs — Cuse Clicks - May 26, 2015
- Dontae Strickland says he’s qualified to attend Syracuse — Cuse Clicks - May 22, 2015
- Kentucky, Oregon working hardest on Jamal Murray — Cuse Clicks - May 20, 2015
- Kurt Gavin plans to visit Syracuse after receiving offer — Cuse Clicks - May 18, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse season ends against Johns Hopkins - May 18, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse meets familiar foe Johns Hopkins in NCAA Tournament - May 15, 2015
- Dwayne Haskins, Jr. will announce college decision Friday — Cuse Clicks - May 14, 2015
- 2016 5-star guard Tyus Battle spurns Syracuse, selects Michigan — Cuse Clicks - May 12, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse dominates in NCAA Tournament win over Marist - May 11, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse opens 2015 NCAA Tournament against Marist - May 8, 2015