Syracuse forward James Southerland is out indefinitely due to an eligibility matter, Syracuse announced Saturday morning.
Citing University policy and federal student privacy laws, SU wasn’t able to provide any further details.
The senior was averaging 13.2 points and 5.2 rebounds as SU’s sixth man.
Last year, center Fab Melo missed three games during the regular season and the entire NCAA tournament due to eligibility issues.
- 2016 Syracuse Football Burning Questions: Can Eric Dungey stay healthy? - August 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska transfer Andrew White down to Syracuse, VCU - August 22, 2016
- Pittsburgh Panthers — 2016 Syracuse Football preview - August 18, 2016
- Steve Ishmael — Meet the 2016 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Cameron Reddish hearing most from Villanova, Duke, Syracuse - August 16, 2016
- 2016 Syracuse Football Burning Questions: How will the defense adjust to Tampa 2? - August 15, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Quade Green includes Syracuse in final nine - August 15, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Ethan Thompson talking to Syracuse about visit - August 12, 2016
- Omari Palmer — Meet the 2016 Syracuse Football team - August 11, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse commit Sharod Johnson to visit SU, Purdue, Illinois, Toledo - August 11, 2016