Syracuse will look to improve to 2-0 in Big East play when it travels down to Tampa Bay to play USF. Here is a scouting report:
SCARY MOMENT: During Saturday’s 61-57 win over George Mason, South Florida point guard Anthony Collins took a knee to the head after going after a loose ball. He had to be taken off the court on a stretcher after he told the coaching staff he was experiencing neck pain. Fortunately, MRI exams, X-rays and CAT scans were all negative, and Collins was released from the hospital later that night. Collins didn’t miss any time, and played in Wednesday’s 65-56 win over UCF to close non-conference play. Collins led the way with 16 points and 10 assists as the Bulls improved to 9-3 on the season. “For me, it was a little unsettling not knowing who was going to be in that lineup, especially if that little guy (Collins) is not in there,” USF head coach Stan Heath said to reporters following the game.
SCOUTING THE BULLS: In the game before Collins got hurt, Victor Rudd sustained a concussion. The forward is second on the team in scoring at 11.3 points and leads the team in rebounding at 7.8 a game. The aforementioned Collins paces the offense at 7.8 apg. Each of them looked healthy in the win over Central Florida, notching double-doubles. And, if you’re looking for the most entertaining name on the roster, try guard Jawanza Poland. The senior is one of four players who averages more than 10 points a game.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: The Orange are dominating this series, 9-1, and with their only loss coming in 2008. The last time these two teams met was on Feb. 22, 2012, with the Orange winning 56-48. Scoop Jardine scored 15 points and dished out 4 assists to lead the way.
GAME INFORMATION: Sunday, Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:00 in Tampa Bay, Florida. TV: SNY.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Louisville 76 (OT) - February 13, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 82, Clemson 81 - February 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Virginia 62 - February 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 100, NC State 93 OT - February 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse announces 2017 class - February 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 82, Florida State 72 - January 28, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Wake Forest 76 - January 24, 2017
- Can Syracuse still make the NCAA Tournament? - January 23, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Notre Dame 84 - January 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 76, Boston College 53 - January 14, 2017