Syracuse will look to improve to 2-0 in Big East play when it travels down to Tampa Bay to play USF. Here is a scouting report:
SCARY MOMENT: During Saturday’s 61-57 win over George Mason, South Florida point guard Anthony Collins took a knee to the head after going after a loose ball. He had to be taken off the court on a stretcher after he told the coaching staff he was experiencing neck pain. Fortunately, MRI exams, X-rays and CAT scans were all negative, and Collins was released from the hospital later that night. Collins didn’t miss any time, and played in Wednesday’s 65-56 win over UCF to close non-conference play. Collins led the way with 16 points and 10 assists as the Bulls improved to 9-3 on the season. “For me, it was a little unsettling not knowing who was going to be in that lineup, especially if that little guy (Collins) is not in there,” USF head coach Stan Heath said to reporters following the game.
SCOUTING THE BULLS: In the game before Collins got hurt, Victor Rudd sustained a concussion. The forward is second on the team in scoring at 11.3 points and leads the team in rebounding at 7.8 a game. The aforementioned Collins paces the offense at 7.8 apg. Each of them looked healthy in the win over Central Florida, notching double-doubles. And, if you’re looking for the most entertaining name on the roster, try guard Jawanza Poland. The senior is one of four players who averages more than 10 points a game.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: The Orange are dominating this series, 9-1, and with their only loss coming in 2008. The last time these two teams met was on Feb. 22, 2012, with the Orange winning 56-48. Scoop Jardine scored 15 points and dished out 4 assists to lead the way.
GAME INFORMATION: Sunday, Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:00 in Tampa Bay, Florida. TV: SNY.
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017