Syracuse will look to improve to 2-0 in Big East play when it travels down to Tampa Bay to play USF. Here is a scouting report:
SCARY MOMENT: During Saturday’s 61-57 win over George Mason, South Florida point guard Anthony Collins took a knee to the head after going after a loose ball. He had to be taken off the court on a stretcher after he told the coaching staff he was experiencing neck pain. Fortunately, MRI exams, X-rays and CAT scans were all negative, and Collins was released from the hospital later that night. Collins didn’t miss any time, and played in Wednesday’s 65-56 win over UCF to close non-conference play. Collins led the way with 16 points and 10 assists as the Bulls improved to 9-3 on the season. “For me, it was a little unsettling not knowing who was going to be in that lineup, especially if that little guy (Collins) is not in there,” USF head coach Stan Heath said to reporters following the game.
SCOUTING THE BULLS: In the game before Collins got hurt, Victor Rudd sustained a concussion. The forward is second on the team in scoring at 11.3 points and leads the team in rebounding at 7.8 a game. The aforementioned Collins paces the offense at 7.8 apg. Each of them looked healthy in the win over Central Florida, notching double-doubles. And, if you’re looking for the most entertaining name on the roster, try guard Jawanza Poland. The senior is one of four players who averages more than 10 points a game.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: The Orange are dominating this series, 9-1, and with their only loss coming in 2008. The last time these two teams met was on Feb. 22, 2012, with the Orange winning 56-48. Scoop Jardine scored 15 points and dished out 4 assists to lead the way.
GAME INFORMATION: Sunday, Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:00 in Tampa Bay, Florida. TV: SNY.
- Recruiting Roundup: How does Shafer firing affect Syracuse recruits? - November 24, 2015
- Syracuse fires football coach Scott Shafer - November 23, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse one of two recruiting Taurean Thompson hardest - November 23, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Elon 55 - November 21, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 29, NC State 42 - November 21, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Judge Culpepper, brother of Rex, picks up Syracuse offer - November 20, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Tyus Battle calls Syracuse signing ’emotional’ - November 19, 2015
- 2018 defensive back Jarrett Paul describes ‘great’ visit to Syracuse - November 19, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: 2016 star Tyus Battle signs LOI with Syracuse - November 18, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 79, St. Bonaventure 66 - November 17, 2015