Defensive end Ebenezer Ogundeko committed to play for Clemson on Friday night Under Armour All-American Game at Tropicana Field in Florida.
Ogundeko was down to two schools, Clemson and Syracuse, and gives the Tigers 16 commitments in the 2013 recruiting class.
“It was pretty close, a lot of people convinced me (for SU), but at the end of the day it’s a business and I have to do what I have to do,” he said to Scout.com’s John Garcia Jr. “I had to keep all these people off my mind, people that just met me this year just trying to convince me and trying to get close to me.”
Ogundeuko is from Brooklyn, NY, and played at Thomas Jefferson High School where he made 71 tackles and 15 sacks in his senior season
He was rated the 37th player at his position by Scout.com, and ranked a three star recruit.
- Belbey looking to add one more player to Syracuse alumni team ‘Boeheim’s Army’ - May 4, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 wing Jordan Tucker calls visit to Syracuse ‘great’ - May 4, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: CJ Holmes names Syracuse to top three, Orange offers slew of Florida prospects - May 3, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from graduate transfer John Gillon - May 2, 2016
- North Carolina Tar Heels — 2016 Syracuse ACC Tournament scouting report - April 29, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: John Gillon names Syracuse to top 3, will visit - April 29, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Spike Albrecht to visit Syracuse after Grant Mullins commits to Cal - April 28, 2016
- Will Malachi Richardson return to Syracuse and other burning questions for 2016-17 season - April 27, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes top 10 for Cheickna Dembele; Taurean Thompson to visit - April 27, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 big man Simi Shittu, 2017 guard Ethan Thompson - April 26, 2016