Defensive end Ebenezer Ogundeko committed to play for Clemson on Friday night Under Armour All-American Game at Tropicana Field in Florida.
Ogundeko was down to two schools, Clemson and Syracuse, and gives the Tigers 16 commitments in the 2013 recruiting class.
“It was pretty close, a lot of people convinced me (for SU), but at the end of the day it’s a business and I have to do what I have to do,” he said to Scout.com’s John Garcia Jr. “I had to keep all these people off my mind, people that just met me this year just trying to convince me and trying to get close to me.”
Ogundeuko is from Brooklyn, NY, and played at Thomas Jefferson High School where he made 71 tackles and 15 sacks in his senior season
He was rated the 37th player at his position by Scout.com, and ranked a three star recruit.
- Scoop Bradshaw — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 26, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: NJ wide receiver Taj Harris commits to Syracuse - June 26, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon’s selection by the Denver Nuggets - June 23, 2017
- Former Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon selected by Denver Nuggets in NBA Draft - June 22, 2017
- Central Michigan Chippewas — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 22, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse receives commitment from OL Will Froumy - June 21, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Cole Swider to visit Syracuse, Anthony Queeley commits - June 19, 2017
- Antwan Cordy — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 14, 2017
- Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 12, 2017
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands USF transfer Geno Thorpe - June 12, 2017