Defensive end Ebenezer Ogundeko committed to play for Clemson on Friday night Under Armour All-American Game at Tropicana Field in Florida.
Ogundeko was down to two schools, Clemson and Syracuse, and gives the Tigers 16 commitments in the 2013 recruiting class.
“It was pretty close, a lot of people convinced me (for SU), but at the end of the day it’s a business and I have to do what I have to do,” he said to Scout.com’s John Garcia Jr. “I had to keep all these people off my mind, people that just met me this year just trying to convince me and trying to get close to me.”
Ogundeuko is from Brooklyn, NY, and played at Thomas Jefferson High School where he made 71 tackles and 15 sacks in his senior season
He was rated the 37th player at his position by Scout.com, and ranked a three star recruit.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 47, Rhode Island 0 - September 4, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Taurean Thompson visits Rutgers, plans Syracuse trip - September 3, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse football active as open contact period starts - September 2, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Who will Syracuse pursue now that Robert Washington is out? - September 1, 2015
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Impact of Robert Washington decommiting from Syracuse - August 31, 2015
- Rercruiting Roundup: Syracuse target Cycoby Burch will take officials before commiting - August 28, 2015
- Adelson: Syracuse football faces tough road to bowl game in 2015 - August 28, 2015
- Antwan Cordy — Meet the 2015 Syracuse Football team - August 27, 2015
- Rercruiting Roundup: Is the door open for Moustapha Diagne at Syracuse? - August 26, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Cycoby Burch to choose between Syracuse, three others - August 25, 2015