Defensive end Ebenezer Ogundeko committed to play for Clemson on Friday night Under Armour All-American Game at Tropicana Field in Florida.
Ogundeko was down to two schools, Clemson and Syracuse, and gives the Tigers 16 commitments in the 2013 recruiting class.
“It was pretty close, a lot of people convinced me (for SU), but at the end of the day it’s a business and I have to do what I have to do,” he said to Scout.com’s John Garcia Jr. “I had to keep all these people off my mind, people that just met me this year just trying to convince me and trying to get close to me.”
Ogundeuko is from Brooklyn, NY, and played at Thomas Jefferson High School where he made 71 tackles and 15 sacks in his senior season
He was rated the 37th player at his position by Scout.com, and ranked a three star recruit.
- NBA scout says former Syracuse star Rakeem Christmas’ draft stock is improving - May 28, 2015
- Syracuse among nine offers for Georgia RB Darius Stubbs — Cuse Clicks - May 26, 2015
- Dontae Strickland says he’s qualified to attend Syracuse — Cuse Clicks - May 22, 2015
- Kentucky, Oregon working hardest on Jamal Murray — Cuse Clicks - May 20, 2015
- Kurt Gavin plans to visit Syracuse after receiving offer — Cuse Clicks - May 18, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse season ends against Johns Hopkins - May 18, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse meets familiar foe Johns Hopkins in NCAA Tournament - May 15, 2015
- Dwayne Haskins, Jr. will announce college decision Friday — Cuse Clicks - May 14, 2015
- 2016 5-star guard Tyus Battle spurns Syracuse, selects Michigan — Cuse Clicks - May 12, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse dominates in NCAA Tournament win over Marist - May 11, 2015