Defensive end Ebenezer Ogundeko committed to play for Clemson on Friday night Under Armour All-American Game at Tropicana Field in Florida.
Ogundeko was down to two schools, Clemson and Syracuse, and gives the Tigers 16 commitments in the 2013 recruiting class.
“It was pretty close, a lot of people convinced me (for SU), but at the end of the day it’s a business and I have to do what I have to do,” he said to Scout.com’s John Garcia Jr. “I had to keep all these people off my mind, people that just met me this year just trying to convince me and trying to get close to me.”
Ogundeuko is from Brooklyn, NY, and played at Thomas Jefferson High School where he made 71 tackles and 15 sacks in his senior season
He was rated the 37th player at his position by Scout.com, and ranked a three star recruit.
- Clemson Tigers — 2016 Syracuse Football preview - July 27, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2018 defensive back Jarrett Paul to visit Syracuse on Thursday - July 26, 2016
- How will Syracuse F Michael Gbinije do with the Detroit Pistons? - July 25, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from 2017 LB Nadarius Fagan - July 25, 2016
- Boston College Eagles — 2016 Syracuse Football preview - July 22, 2016
- Instant Juice: Boeheim’s Army 84, The Untouchables 91 - July 21, 2016
- Steven Clark — Meet the 2016 Syracuse Football team - July 21, 2016
- How will Syracuse G Malachi Richardson do with the Sacramento Kings? - July 20, 2016
- Dontae Strickland — Meet the 2016 Syracuse Football team - July 15, 2016
- Former Syracuse LB Jake Flaherty: ‘It’s an exciting time for the program’ - July 14, 2016