Defensive end Ebenezer Ogundeko committed to play for Clemson on Friday night Under Armour All-American Game at Tropicana Field in Florida.
Ogundeko was down to two schools, Clemson and Syracuse, and gives the Tigers 16 commitments in the 2013 recruiting class.
“It was pretty close, a lot of people convinced me (for SU), but at the end of the day it’s a business and I have to do what I have to do,” he said to Scout.com’s John Garcia Jr. “I had to keep all these people off my mind, people that just met me this year just trying to convince me and trying to get close to me.”
Ogundeuko is from Brooklyn, NY, and played at Thomas Jefferson High School where he made 71 tackles and 15 sacks in his senior season
He was rated the 37th player at his position by Scout.com, and ranked a three star recruit.
- 2016 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse G Malachi Richardson - May 25, 2016
- Former punter Brendan Carney talks Syracuse football, Riley Dixon, marathoning - May 18, 2016
- Second half rally by Syracuse lacrosse enough to silence Albany - May 16, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse, seeded No. 8 in the NCAA Tournament, will host Albany - May 9, 2016
- Colgate Raiders — 2016 Syracuse lacrosse scouting report - May 5, 2016
- What will Syracuse’s starting lineup look like in the 2016-17 season? - May 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse in final three for Taurean Thompson - May 5, 2016
- Belbey looking to add one more player to Syracuse alumni team ‘Boeheim’s Army’ - May 4, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 wing Jordan Tucker calls visit to Syracuse ‘great’ - May 4, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: CJ Holmes names Syracuse to top three, Orange offers slew of Florida prospects - May 3, 2016