Syracuse moved up two spots to No. 7 in the AP Top 25 released on Monday afternoon.
The Orange defeated Alcorn State on Saturday, 57-36, but struggled in the win. They will play Central Connecticut State later today, before opening their Big East schedule against Rutgers on Wednesday.
SU dropped from No. 3 to No. 9 last week after their first loss of the season against Temple.
Duke retained the top spot in the poll with 63 first place votes. Michigan had two first place votes and is No. 2 in the rankings. Arizona, Louisville and Indiana rounded out the top 5.
Cincinnati (14), Georgetown (15), Notre Dame (21) and Pittsburgh (24) are the other ranked teams from the Big East.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 62, Miami 66 - January 24, 2015
- What effect will NCAA investigation have on Syracuse’s recruitment of Thomas Bryant? - January 23, 2015
- Syracuse commit Malachi Richardson pours in 34 for Iron Mikes — Cuse Clicks - January 23, 2015
- Moustapha Diagne notches 16 points, rebounds as Pope John avoids upset — Cuse Clicks - January 22, 2015
- VJ King planning visits to Kentucky, Louisville — Cuse Clicks - January 21, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 69, Boston College 61 - January 20, 2015
- Thomas Bryant puts on performance with Syracuse watching — Cuse Clicks - January 20, 2015
- Syracuse among schools recruiting 2017 wing Jordan Tucker — Cuse Clicks - January 19, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 53, Clemson 66 - January 17, 2015
- Syracuse commit Malachi Richardson nominated for McDonald’s All-American game — Cuse Clicks - January 15, 2015