Syracuse moved up two spots to No. 7 in the AP Top 25 released on Monday afternoon.
The Orange defeated Alcorn State on Saturday, 57-36, but struggled in the win. They will play Central Connecticut State later today, before opening their Big East schedule against Rutgers on Wednesday.
SU dropped from No. 3 to No. 9 last week after their first loss of the season against Temple.
Duke retained the top spot in the poll with 63 first place votes. Michigan had two first place votes and is No. 2 in the rankings. Arizona, Louisville and Indiana rounded out the top 5.
Cincinnati (14), Georgetown (15), Notre Dame (21) and Pittsburgh (24) are the other ranked teams from the Big East.
- Recruiting Roundup: Sam Heckel wavers ‘a bit’ on Syracuse commitment after Scott Shafer firing - December 2, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse target Taurean Thompson visits Seton Hall, Georgetown - November 30, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, Boston College 17 - November 28, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Texas A&M 67 - November 27, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Florida teammates Whittaker, Hawkins hold Syracuse offers - November 27, 2015
- NCAA Appeals Committee restores four scholarships to Syracuse basketball - November 25, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Taurean Thompson likes Syracuse, picks up NC State offer - November 25, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: How does Shafer firing affect Syracuse recruits? - November 24, 2015
- Syracuse fires football coach Scott Shafer - November 23, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse one of two recruiting Taurean Thompson hardest - November 23, 2015