Syracuse moved up two spots to No. 7 in the AP Top 25 released on Monday afternoon.
The Orange defeated Alcorn State on Saturday, 57-36, but struggled in the win. They will play Central Connecticut State later today, before opening their Big East schedule against Rutgers on Wednesday.
SU dropped from No. 3 to No. 9 last week after their first loss of the season against Temple.
Duke retained the top spot in the poll with 63 first place votes. Michigan had two first place votes and is No. 2 in the rankings. Arizona, Louisville and Indiana rounded out the top 5.
Cincinnati (14), Georgetown (15), Notre Dame (21) and Pittsburgh (24) are the other ranked teams from the Big East.
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Lamont Wade, Ben Mason, Tyshon Fogg - February 10, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Elite 2017 prospect Hamidou Diallo to visit Syracuse - February 9, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse extends offer to Donovan Jeter - February 8, 2016
- Bailey: Syracuse fans ‘should be happy’ with incoming 2016 football class - February 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Joel Honigford, Jairus Grissom, Izayah Green-May, JaVont’e Richardson - February 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Scout ranks Syracuse 43rd in average class stars - February 4, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse adds impressive class on 2016 National Signing Day - February 3, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: DeVaughn Cooper to choose between Syracuse, Arizona, Arizona State - February 3, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse loses out on Stewart Reese, Josh White - February 2, 2016
- Frank Howard dazzles as Syracuse rallies to defeat Georgia Tech - February 1, 2016