Syracuse moved up two spots to No. 7 in the AP Top 25 released on Monday afternoon.
The Orange defeated Alcorn State on Saturday, 57-36, but struggled in the win. They will play Central Connecticut State later today, before opening their Big East schedule against Rutgers on Wednesday.
SU dropped from No. 3 to No. 9 last week after their first loss of the season against Temple.
Duke retained the top spot in the poll with 63 first place votes. Michigan had two first place votes and is No. 2 in the rankings. Arizona, Louisville and Indiana rounded out the top 5.
Cincinnati (14), Georgetown (15), Notre Dame (21) and Pittsburgh (24) are the other ranked teams from the Big East.
- Syracuse picks up first 2017 commit with Daewood Davis — Cuse Clicks - June 30, 2015
- Tyus Battle likes Syracuse ‘a lot’ after his official visit — Cuse Clicks - June 29, 2015
- Syracuse target Christian Colon commits to Penn State — Cuse Clicks - June 26, 2015
- Rakeem Christmas credits Syracuse, Jim Boeheim after being drafted - June 26, 2015
- Chris McCullough predicts November return to Brooklyn Nets - June 26, 2015
- Former Syracuse center Rakeem Christmas lands with Cleveland Cavaliers - June 25, 2015
- Former Syracuse forward Chris McCullough drafted by Brooklyn Nets - June 25, 2015
- Mike Hopkins will officially succeed Jim Boeheim, Syracuse says - June 25, 2015
- Syracuse football, three others are finalists for touted WR KJ Gray — Cuse Clicks - June 25, 2015
- NBA experts weigh in on former Syracuse players Chris McCullough, Rakeem Christmas - June 25, 2015