Syracuse moved up two spots to No. 7 in the AP Top 25 released on Monday afternoon.
The Orange defeated Alcorn State on Saturday, 57-36, but struggled in the win. They will play Central Connecticut State later today, before opening their Big East schedule against Rutgers on Wednesday.
SU dropped from No. 3 to No. 9 last week after their first loss of the season against Temple.
Duke retained the top spot in the poll with 63 first place votes. Michigan had two first place votes and is No. 2 in the rankings. Arizona, Louisville and Indiana rounded out the top 5.
Cincinnati (14), Georgetown (15), Notre Dame (21) and Pittsburgh (24) are the other ranked teams from the Big East.
- What kind of senior season will Tyler Roberson have at Syracuse? - October 25, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 28, Boston College 20 - October 22, 2016
- Boston College Eagles— 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - October 21, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 31, Virginia Tech 17 - October 15, 2016
- Virginia Tech Hokies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - October 14, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 9, Wake Forest 28 - October 8, 2016
- Waters: Syracuse basketball in ‘good shape’ for 2017 targets - October 6, 2016
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - October 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse extends offer to 2017 five-star Billy Preston - October 4, 2016
- Syracuse football notebook: Tom Coughlin calls interview with Bills ‘none of your business’ - October 3, 2016