I caught up with Syracuse guard Trevor Cooney following Syracuse’s 83-79 loss to Temple on Saturday. Here’s what he had to say:
The Juice Online: Trevor, can you talk about the job you’ve done and your roll off the bench through the first 11 games?
Trevor Cooney: My job is just to come in and be a spark off the bench, just come in and play good defense. I haven’t been contributing as much as I’d like, but some games I have, and just getting the right looks and being confident in yourself and knocking them down. But when I come in is just to play hard, and good defense, really.
TJO: How do you feel about your shot? Have you been thinking about it at all?
TC: No, I’m not thinking about it at all. I’ve seen a couple go down and get that confidence, and then they’ll start rolling for me.
TJO: How does a team react to a loss like this? You haven’t lost very much over the past few years.
TC: I mean when you don’t lose… we’re not used to losing here, which is good. But when you do lose, you definitely need to take a step back and realize that you can be beat, and you gotta learn from it, really. So hopefully we come back and have some great practices and go into our next couple games and into the Big East season.
- Orange Watch: McNabb’s latest troubles has left us shaking our heads - December 14, 2017
- Orange Watch: Former Syracuse coach Doug Marrone has been solid in NFL - December 13, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Colgate 58 - December 9, 2017
- Orange Watch: Winning on the road a continual lesson to learn for Syracuse basketball - December 5, 2017
- Orange Watch: The one opponent that will forever be linked with Syracuse basketball - December 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 14, Boston College 42 - November 25, 2017
- Orange Watch: No bowl game, but a season of growth for Syracuse football - November 24, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, Cornell 45 - November 10, 2017
- Orange Watch: Revamped roster for Syracuse basketball will need time to bloom - November 7, 2017
- Orange Watch: Seeking a ‘November to Remember’ for Syracuse Football - October 31, 2017