I caught up with Syracuse guard Trevor Cooney following Syracuse’s 83-79 loss to Temple on Saturday. Here’s what he had to say:
The Juice Online: Trevor, can you talk about the job you’ve done and your roll off the bench through the first 11 games?
Trevor Cooney: My job is just to come in and be a spark off the bench, just come in and play good defense. I haven’t been contributing as much as I’d like, but some games I have, and just getting the right looks and being confident in yourself and knocking them down. But when I come in is just to play hard, and good defense, really.
TJO: How do you feel about your shot? Have you been thinking about it at all?
TC: No, I’m not thinking about it at all. I’ve seen a couple go down and get that confidence, and then they’ll start rolling for me.
TJO: How does a team react to a loss like this? You haven’t lost very much over the past few years.
TC: I mean when you don’t lose… we’re not used to losing here, which is good. But when you do lose, you definitely need to take a step back and realize that you can be beat, and you gotta learn from it, really. So hopefully we come back and have some great practices and go into our next couple games and into the Big East season.
- What Are Syracuse’s Chances Of Making a Bowl Game? - October 18, 2017
- Orange Watch: Syracuse football has chance for encore against Top 10 team - October 17, 2017
- Orange Watch: Beating Clemson would accelerate timetable for rebirth of Syracuse football - October 10, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Pittsburgh 24 - October 7, 2017
- Orange Watch: Already crunch time in ACC for Syracuse football - October 3, 2017
- Orange Watch: The quickest 7-0 score we’ve ever seen in a Syracuse football game - September 27, 2017
- Orange Watch: First Syracuse-LSU meeting in Louisiana was a historic Sugar Bowl tale - September 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 41, Central Michigan 17 - September 16, 2017
- Orange Watch: Former Syracuse coach Scott Shafer classless in victory - September 13, 2017
- Orange Watch: Syracuse v. Middle Tennessee highlights NCAA clock problem - September 12, 2017