I caught up with Syracuse guard Trevor Cooney following Syracuse’s 83-79 loss to Temple on Saturday. Here’s what he had to say:
The Juice Online: Trevor, can you talk about the job you’ve done and your roll off the bench through the first 11 games?
Trevor Cooney: My job is just to come in and be a spark off the bench, just come in and play good defense. I haven’t been contributing as much as I’d like, but some games I have, and just getting the right looks and being confident in yourself and knocking them down. But when I come in is just to play hard, and good defense, really.
TJO: How do you feel about your shot? Have you been thinking about it at all?
TC: No, I’m not thinking about it at all. I’ve seen a couple go down and get that confidence, and then they’ll start rolling for me.
TJO: How does a team react to a loss like this? You haven’t lost very much over the past few years.
TC: I mean when you don’t lose… we’re not used to losing here, which is good. But when you do lose, you definitely need to take a step back and realize that you can be beat, and you gotta learn from it, really. So hopefully we come back and have some great practices and go into our next couple games and into the Big East season.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, Wisconsin 77 - November 29, 2016
- Orange Watch: Our thought process behind selecting the 2016 All ACC football team - November 29, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, South Carolina 64 - November 26, 2016
- Orange Watch: Syracuse football looking to build off first year under Dino Babers - November 22, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 14, Florida State 45 - November 19, 2016
- Orange Watch: Predicting Syracuse’s uniform combination for Florida State - November 17, 2016
- Orange Watch: Syracuse basketball will have many options of lineup combinations - November 15, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, North Carolina State 35 - November 12, 2016
- Orange Watch: Predicting Syracuse’s uniform combination for North Carolina State - November 9, 2016
- Orange Watch: The amazing one season story of Syracuse football’s Amba Etta-Tawo - November 8, 2016