Sophomore running back Adonis Ameen-Moore and junior tight end Max Beaulieu will not play in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl, Syracuse coach Doug Marrone announced in a release on Tuesday night.
The two players will not play because of a violation of athletic department rules, according to the release.
Ameen-Moore was the primary back used in SU’s “tank” package. He rushed 30 times for 108 yards and five touchdowns, including 10 carries for 57 yards and a pair of touchdowns in Syracuse’s season finale against Temple on Nov. 23.
This is the second time in a week that Marrone has announced disciplinary action for his team. On Friday, Marrone said that starting linebacker Marquis Spruill and running back Steven Rene would miss “significant portions” of the next games they were able to play. That was in response to a Dec. 2 off-campus arrest.
Syracuse will face West Virginia in the Pinstripe Bowl on Saturday.
- Notre Dame hands Syracuse lacrosse its first loss of the season - March 29, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse goalie Bobby Wardwell: Team motivated to win championship - March 26, 2015
- Syracuse bound Moustapha Diagne’s team loses in T of C — Cuse Clicks - March 24, 2015
- Report: Ron Patterson, BJ Johnson to transfer from Syracuse - March 19, 2015
- 2014-15 Syracuse basketball team report card - March 17, 2015
- Texas Tech jumps into Sedee Keita sweepstakes — Cuse Clicks - March 16, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse rallies for win over Johns Hopkins - March 15, 2015
- Scholarship situation still unclear with Syracuse’s recruitment of Thomas Bryant - March 13, 2015
- Moustapha Diagne puts aside Syracuse distractions as team wins North A Title — Cuse Clicks - March 12, 2015
- A quick look at the 2015-16 Syracuse basketball team - March 12, 2015