Sophomore running back Adonis Ameen-Moore and junior tight end Max Beaulieu will not play in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl, Syracuse coach Doug Marrone announced in a release on Tuesday night.
The two players will not play because of a violation of athletic department rules, according to the release.
Ameen-Moore was the primary back used in SU’s “tank” package. He rushed 30 times for 108 yards and five touchdowns, including 10 carries for 57 yards and a pair of touchdowns in Syracuse’s season finale against Temple on Nov. 23.
This is the second time in a week that Marrone has announced disciplinary action for his team. On Friday, Marrone said that starting linebacker Marquis Spruill and running back Steven Rene would miss “significant portions” of the next games they were able to play. That was in response to a Dec. 2 off-campus arrest.
Syracuse will face West Virginia in the Pinstripe Bowl on Saturday.
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016