Sophomore running back Adonis Ameen-Moore and junior tight end Max Beaulieu will not play in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl, Syracuse coach Doug Marrone announced in a release on Tuesday night.
The two players will not play because of a violation of athletic department rules, according to the release.
Ameen-Moore was the primary back used in SU’s “tank” package. He rushed 30 times for 108 yards and five touchdowns, including 10 carries for 57 yards and a pair of touchdowns in Syracuse’s season finale against Temple on Nov. 23.
This is the second time in a week that Marrone has announced disciplinary action for his team. On Friday, Marrone said that starting linebacker Marquis Spruill and running back Steven Rene would miss “significant portions” of the next games they were able to play. That was in response to a Dec. 2 off-campus arrest.
Syracuse will face West Virginia in the Pinstripe Bowl on Saturday.
- What a Syracuse fan has to be thankful for on Thanksgiving - November 27, 2014
- 2016 wing VJ King taking things slowly with recruitment — Cuse Clicks - November 26, 2014
- 2016 forward Sedee Keita has several high-major offers — Cuse Clicks - November 25, 2014
- 2016 5-star point guard Kobi Simmons visits Kentucky — Cuse Clicks - November 24, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 7, Pitt 30 - November 22, 2014
- Kaleb Joseph shows growth as Syracuse edges Iowa - November 22, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Iowa 63 - November 21, 2014
- Star 2015 forward Thomas Bryant to visit Kentucky — Cuse Clicks - November 21, 2014
- In loss to Cal, Syracuse basketball’s inexperience shows - November 21, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 59, California 73 - November 20, 2014