Sophomore running back Adonis Ameen-Moore and junior tight end Max Beaulieu will not play in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl, Syracuse coach Doug Marrone announced in a release on Tuesday night.
The two players will not play because of a violation of athletic department rules, according to the release.
Ameen-Moore was the primary back used in SU’s “tank” package. He rushed 30 times for 108 yards and five touchdowns, including 10 carries for 57 yards and a pair of touchdowns in Syracuse’s season finale against Temple on Nov. 23.
This is the second time in a week that Marrone has announced disciplinary action for his team. On Friday, Marrone said that starting linebacker Marquis Spruill and running back Steven Rene would miss “significant portions” of the next games they were able to play. That was in response to a Dec. 2 off-campus arrest.
Syracuse will face West Virginia in the Pinstripe Bowl on Saturday.
- Former punter Brendan Carney talks Syracuse football, Riley Dixon, marathoning - May 18, 2016
- Second half rally by Syracuse lacrosse enough to silence Albany - May 16, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse, seeded No. 8 in the NCAA Tournament, will host Albany - May 9, 2016
- Colgate Raiders — 2016 Syracuse lacrosse scouting report - May 5, 2016
- What will Syracuse’s starting lineup look like in the 2016-17 season? - May 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse in final three for Taurean Thompson - May 5, 2016
- Belbey looking to add one more player to Syracuse alumni team ‘Boeheim’s Army’ - May 4, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 wing Jordan Tucker calls visit to Syracuse ‘great’ - May 4, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: CJ Holmes names Syracuse to top three, Orange offers slew of Florida prospects - May 3, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from graduate transfer John Gillon - May 2, 2016