Sophomore running back Adonis Ameen-Moore and junior tight end Max Beaulieu will not play in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl, Syracuse coach Doug Marrone announced in a release on Tuesday night.
The two players will not play because of a violation of athletic department rules, according to the release.
Ameen-Moore was the primary back used in SU’s “tank” package. He rushed 30 times for 108 yards and five touchdowns, including 10 carries for 57 yards and a pair of touchdowns in Syracuse’s season finale against Temple on Nov. 23.
This is the second time in a week that Marrone has announced disciplinary action for his team. On Friday, Marrone said that starting linebacker Marquis Spruill and running back Steven Rene would miss “significant portions” of the next games they were able to play. That was in response to a Dec. 2 off-campus arrest.
Syracuse will face West Virginia in the Pinstripe Bowl on Saturday.
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Mike Miranda, CJ Holmes, Deommodore Lenoir, Tye Freeland - February 12, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 85, Florida State 72 - February 11, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Ayinde Eley, Delone Scaife, Mike Epstein - February 11, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Lamont Wade, Ben Mason, Tyshon Fogg - February 10, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Elite 2017 prospect Hamidou Diallo to visit Syracuse - February 9, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse extends offer to Donovan Jeter - February 8, 2016
- Bailey: Syracuse fans ‘should be happy’ with incoming 2016 football class - February 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Joel Honigford, Jairus Grissom, Izayah Green-May, JaVont’e Richardson - February 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Scout ranks Syracuse 43rd in average class stars - February 4, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse adds impressive class on 2016 National Signing Day - February 3, 2016