Syracuse dropped six spots in the AP poll from No. 3 to No. 9 in the latest AP poll released Monday afternoon.
The Orange suffered its first defeat of the season on Saturday in the Gotham Classic to Temple, 83-79. The Owls received votes in the new poll.
SU only has one game this week, against Alcorn State on Saturday.
Duke received 63 votes to remain on top for the second straight week. They were followed by Michigan who received two votes. Arizona, Louisville and Indiana rounded out the top five.
Other Big East schools included Cincinnati (8), Georgetown (15), Notre Dame (21) and Pittsburgh (24).
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017