Syracuse dropped six spots in the AP poll from No. 3 to No. 9 in the latest AP poll released Monday afternoon.
The Orange suffered its first defeat of the season on Saturday in the Gotham Classic to Temple, 83-79. The Owls received votes in the new poll.
SU only has one game this week, against Alcorn State on Saturday.
Duke received 63 votes to remain on top for the second straight week. They were followed by Michigan who received two votes. Arizona, Louisville and Indiana rounded out the top five.
Other Big East schools included Cincinnati (8), Georgetown (15), Notre Dame (21) and Pittsburgh (24).
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Tournament: A look at Syracuse lacrosse’s first round matchup against Yale - May 11, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse will finish off regular season with trip to Colgate - May 5, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rallies, but falls short against North Carolina - May 1, 2017
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017