Syracuse dropped six spots in the AP poll from No. 3 to No. 9 in the latest AP poll released Monday afternoon.
The Orange suffered its first defeat of the season on Saturday in the Gotham Classic to Temple, 83-79. The Owls received votes in the new poll.
SU only has one game this week, against Alcorn State on Saturday.
Duke received 63 votes to remain on top for the second straight week. They were followed by Michigan who received two votes. Arizona, Louisville and Indiana rounded out the top five.
Other Big East schools included Cincinnati (8), Georgetown (15), Notre Dame (21) and Pittsburgh (24).
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Impact of Robert Washington decommiting from Syracuse - August 31, 2015
- Rercruiting Roundup: Syracuse target Cycoby Burch will take officials before commiting - August 28, 2015
- Adelson: Syracuse football faces tough road to bowl game in 2015 - August 28, 2015
- Antwan Cordy — Meet the 2015 Syracuse Football team - August 27, 2015
- Rercruiting Roundup: Is the door open for Moustapha Diagne at Syracuse? - August 26, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Cycoby Burch to choose between Syracuse, three others - August 25, 2015
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Decommitted Amir Watts speaking to Syracuse - August 24, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Moustapha Diagne will not play for Syracuse - August 21, 2015
- Ervin Phillips — Meet the 2015 Syracuse Football team - August 20, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse keeping tabs on 2017 athlete Brandon Sebastian - August 20, 2015