Syracuse dropped six spots in the AP poll from No. 3 to No. 9 in the latest AP poll released Monday afternoon.
The Orange suffered its first defeat of the season on Saturday in the Gotham Classic to Temple, 83-79. The Owls received votes in the new poll.
SU only has one game this week, against Alcorn State on Saturday.
Duke received 63 votes to remain on top for the second straight week. They were followed by Michigan who received two votes. Arizona, Louisville and Indiana rounded out the top five.
Other Big East schools included Cincinnati (8), Georgetown (15), Notre Dame (21) and Pittsburgh (24).
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse among four schools working hardest for Naz Reid - May 31, 2016
- McAnaney: Days of Syracuse lacrosse as lock for Final Four are over - May 26, 2016
- 2016 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse G Malachi Richardson - May 25, 2016
- Former punter Brendan Carney talks Syracuse football, Riley Dixon, marathoning - May 18, 2016
- Second half rally by Syracuse lacrosse enough to silence Albany - May 16, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse, seeded No. 8 in the NCAA Tournament, will host Albany - May 9, 2016
- Colgate Raiders — 2016 Syracuse lacrosse scouting report - May 5, 2016
- What will Syracuse’s starting lineup look like in the 2016-17 season? - May 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse in final three for Taurean Thompson - May 5, 2016
- Belbey looking to add one more player to Syracuse alumni team ‘Boeheim’s Army’ - May 4, 2016