Syracuse dropped six spots in the AP poll from No. 3 to No. 9 in the latest AP poll released Monday afternoon.
The Orange suffered its first defeat of the season on Saturday in the Gotham Classic to Temple, 83-79. The Owls received votes in the new poll.
SU only has one game this week, against Alcorn State on Saturday.
Duke received 63 votes to remain on top for the second straight week. They were followed by Michigan who received two votes. Arizona, Louisville and Indiana rounded out the top five.
Other Big East schools included Cincinnati (8), Georgetown (15), Notre Dame (21) and Pittsburgh (24).
- Recruiting Roundup: Eric Coley, Allen Stritzinger, Cameron Jordan, Dakota Davis to Syracuse - June 27, 2016
- Michael Gbinije credits Syracuse coaching staff for transition to NBA - June 24, 2016
- Syracuse G Malachi Richardson: Being drafted was like ‘animal’ lifted off back - June 24, 2016
- Former Syracuse forward Michael Gbinije drafted by Detroit Pistons - June 23, 2016
- Former Syracuse forward Malachi Richardson drafted by Sacramento Kings - June 23, 2016
- Zack Mahoney — Meet the 2016 Syracuse Football team - June 23, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 Florida WR Joshua Palmer commits to Syracuse - June 23, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from 2017 WR Nykein Johnson - June 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2017 WR Nykeim Johnson - June 21, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse Football preview - June 20, 2016