Syracuse moved up to No. 3 in the AP Top 25 this week, with Duke taking the top spot and No. 2 Michigan behind them in the latest round of polls released Monday afternoon.
The Blue Devils received 62 first place votes and Michigan received 3. Arizona and Louisville rounded out the top 5. Indiana dropped to No. 6 after being upset by Butler over the weekend.
The Orange will play Detroit on Monday in what could be head coach Jim Boeheim’s 900th career win. Syracuse will then play Temple at Madison Square Garden in the Gotham Classic on Saturday at noon.
Other ranked Big East teams included Cincinnati (11), Georgetown (15) and Notre Dame (22). Marquette and Connecticut both received votes.
- McAnaney: Days of Syracuse lacrosse as lock for Final Four are over - May 26, 2016
- 2016 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse G Malachi Richardson - May 25, 2016
- Former punter Brendan Carney talks Syracuse football, Riley Dixon, marathoning - May 18, 2016
- Second half rally by Syracuse lacrosse enough to silence Albany - May 16, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse, seeded No. 8 in the NCAA Tournament, will host Albany - May 9, 2016
- Colgate Raiders — 2016 Syracuse lacrosse scouting report - May 5, 2016
- What will Syracuse’s starting lineup look like in the 2016-17 season? - May 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse in final three for Taurean Thompson - May 5, 2016
- Belbey looking to add one more player to Syracuse alumni team ‘Boeheim’s Army’ - May 4, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 wing Jordan Tucker calls visit to Syracuse ‘great’ - May 4, 2016