Syracuse moved up to No. 3 in the AP Top 25 this week, with Duke taking the top spot and No. 2 Michigan behind them in the latest round of polls released Monday afternoon.
The Blue Devils received 62 first place votes and Michigan received 3. Arizona and Louisville rounded out the top 5. Indiana dropped to No. 6 after being upset by Butler over the weekend.
The Orange will play Detroit on Monday in what could be head coach Jim Boeheim’s 900th career win. Syracuse will then play Temple at Madison Square Garden in the Gotham Classic on Saturday at noon.
Other ranked Big East teams included Cincinnati (11), Georgetown (15) and Notre Dame (22). Marquette and Connecticut both received votes.
- Recruiting Roundup: CJ Holmes names Syracuse to top three, Orange offers slew of Florida prospects - May 3, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from graduate transfer John Gillon - May 2, 2016
- North Carolina Tar Heels — 2016 Syracuse ACC Tournament scouting report - April 29, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: John Gillon names Syracuse to top 3, will visit - April 29, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Spike Albrecht to visit Syracuse after Grant Mullins commits to Cal - April 28, 2016
- Will Malachi Richardson return to Syracuse and other burning questions for 2016-17 season - April 27, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes top 10 for Cheickna Dembele; Taurean Thompson to visit - April 27, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 big man Simi Shittu, 2017 guard Ethan Thompson - April 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Quade Green ‘probably’ will take unofficial visit to Syracuse - April 25, 2016
- 2015-16 Syracuse basketball report card - April 22, 2016