Syracuse moved up to No. 3 in the AP Top 25 this week, with Duke taking the top spot and No. 2 Michigan behind them in the latest round of polls released Monday afternoon.
The Blue Devils received 62 first place votes and Michigan received 3. Arizona and Louisville rounded out the top 5. Indiana dropped to No. 6 after being upset by Butler over the weekend.
The Orange will play Detroit on Monday in what could be head coach Jim Boeheim’s 900th career win. Syracuse will then play Temple at Madison Square Garden in the Gotham Classic on Saturday at noon.
Other ranked Big East teams included Cincinnati (11), Georgetown (15) and Notre Dame (22). Marquette and Connecticut both received votes.
- NBA scout says former Syracuse star Rakeem Christmas’ draft stock is improving - May 28, 2015
- Syracuse among nine offers for Georgia RB Darius Stubbs — Cuse Clicks - May 26, 2015
- Dontae Strickland says he’s qualified to attend Syracuse — Cuse Clicks - May 22, 2015
- Kentucky, Oregon working hardest on Jamal Murray — Cuse Clicks - May 20, 2015
- Kurt Gavin plans to visit Syracuse after receiving offer — Cuse Clicks - May 18, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse season ends against Johns Hopkins - May 18, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse meets familiar foe Johns Hopkins in NCAA Tournament - May 15, 2015
- Dwayne Haskins, Jr. will announce college decision Friday — Cuse Clicks - May 14, 2015
- 2016 5-star guard Tyus Battle spurns Syracuse, selects Michigan — Cuse Clicks - May 12, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse dominates in NCAA Tournament win over Marist - May 11, 2015