Syracuse moved up to No. 3 in the AP Top 25 this week, with Duke taking the top spot and No. 2 Michigan behind them in the latest round of polls released Monday afternoon.
The Blue Devils received 62 first place votes and Michigan received 3. Arizona and Louisville rounded out the top 5. Indiana dropped to No. 6 after being upset by Butler over the weekend.
The Orange will play Detroit on Monday in what could be head coach Jim Boeheim’s 900th career win. Syracuse will then play Temple at Madison Square Garden in the Gotham Classic on Saturday at noon.
Other ranked Big East teams included Cincinnati (11), Georgetown (15) and Notre Dame (22). Marquette and Connecticut both received votes.
- Syracuse target Alterique Gilbert commits to UConn — Cuse Clicks - July 6, 2015
- How many games will Syracuse football win this year? - July 6, 2015
- Syracuse target Alterique Gilbert to commit Saturday — Cuse Clicks - July 3, 2015
- ESPN’s McMenamin breaks down former Syracuse basketball stars’ NBA chances - July 2, 2015
- Coach says 2017 Syracuse commit Daewood Davis will ‘stretch the field’ — Cuse Clicks - July 1, 2015
- South Florida Bulls — 2015 Syracuse Football preview - July 1, 2015
- Syracuse picks up first 2017 commit with Daewood Davis — Cuse Clicks - June 30, 2015
- Tyus Battle likes Syracuse ‘a lot’ after his official visit — Cuse Clicks - June 29, 2015
- Syracuse target Christian Colon commits to Penn State — Cuse Clicks - June 26, 2015
- Rakeem Christmas credits Syracuse, Jim Boeheim after being drafted - June 26, 2015