Syracuse moved up to No. 3 in the AP Top 25 this week, with Duke taking the top spot and No. 2 Michigan behind them in the latest round of polls released Monday afternoon.
The Blue Devils received 62 first place votes and Michigan received 3. Arizona and Louisville rounded out the top 5. Indiana dropped to No. 6 after being upset by Butler over the weekend.
The Orange will play Detroit on Monday in what could be head coach Jim Boeheim’s 900th career win. Syracuse will then play Temple at Madison Square Garden in the Gotham Classic on Saturday at noon.
Other ranked Big East teams included Cincinnati (11), Georgetown (15) and Notre Dame (22). Marquette and Connecticut both received votes.
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse target Taurean Thompson visits Seton Hall, Georgetown - November 30, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, Boston College 17 - November 28, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Texas A&M 67 - November 27, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Florida teammates Whittaker, Hawkins hold Syracuse offers - November 27, 2015
- NCAA Appeals Committee restores four scholarships to Syracuse basketball - November 25, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Taurean Thompson likes Syracuse, picks up NC State offer - November 25, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: How does Shafer firing affect Syracuse recruits? - November 24, 2015
- Syracuse fires football coach Scott Shafer - November 23, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse one of two recruiting Taurean Thompson hardest - November 23, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Elon 55 - November 21, 2015