Syracuse nearly doubled up Monmouth on Saturday night in a 108-56 win over the Hawks. Here are my grades from the game:
CJ Fair: A
For the second straight game, Fair notched a double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds. He had a nifty alley-oop from Brandon Triche for a basket plus a foul as he spun in the air to avoid Stephen Spinella.
Rakeem Christmas: B+
Syracuse notched 14 blocks, and Christmas had four of them. Monmouth’s tallest player in the starting lineup was 6’6″, but Christmas did what he needed to against the Hawks. He also added 11 points.
DaJuan Coleman: A-
Coleman is starting to finish more of his shots inside, but the most impressive part was his 14 rebounds to go with 11 points. Five of those rebounds came on the offensive end.
Brandon Triche: A-
Triche’s 16 shots were the most on the team, and he finished with a team high 18 points and added 8 assists. You’d like it if he shot better than 6-16, but he had zero turnovers.
Michael Carter-Williams: A+
Could there be a time when Carter-Williams flirts with a quintuple-double? He had 15 points, 16 ssists, five steals, four blocks and three rebounds. Plus, with the amount he handled the ball, he only had 3 turnovers. NBA scouts must be drooling.
James Southerland: B+
Southerland still can’t find his outside shot, and was 0-2 in this game, and is 0-10 in his last three games. The difference tonight was that he got inside and found other ways to score en route to 14 points on 6-11 shooting.
Baye Keita: B+
Keita only plays 15-20 minutes a game, but is as active as you could hope for someone in the middle of the zone. In just 15 minutes, he grabbed 10 rebounds, six on the offensive end.
Trevor Cooney: A
We’ve now hit Andy Rautins territory with Cooney. Like with Andy, it’s almost a shock when Cooney misses a 3, which is great considering his early season struggles. He went 5-9 from downtown for 15 points, and added 4 assists.
Jerami Grant: B
Grant played another solid game with a couple of impressive dunks. But he went 0-4 from the line and is now shooting 25 percent on the season. That needs to change if he wants more playing time.
- Syracuse among nine offers for Georgia RB Darius Stubbs — Cuse Clicks - May 26, 2015
- Dontae Strickland says he’s qualified to attend Syracuse — Cuse Clicks - May 22, 2015
- Kentucky, Oregon working hardest on Jamal Murray — Cuse Clicks - May 20, 2015
- Kurt Gavin plans to visit Syracuse after receiving offer — Cuse Clicks - May 18, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse season ends against Johns Hopkins - May 18, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse meets familiar foe Johns Hopkins in NCAA Tournament - May 15, 2015
- Dwayne Haskins, Jr. will announce college decision Friday — Cuse Clicks - May 14, 2015
- 2016 5-star guard Tyus Battle spurns Syracuse, selects Michigan — Cuse Clicks - May 12, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse dominates in NCAA Tournament win over Marist - May 11, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse opens 2015 NCAA Tournament against Marist - May 8, 2015