Syracuse moved up two spots to No. 4 in the latest AP and ESPN/USA Today Polls released Monday afternoon.
The Orange won 91-82 at Arkansas on the road last week in the Big East/SEC Challenge. That was enough to allow them to jump over Ohio State and Louisville in the polls.
Indiana, Duke and Michigan remained the top three in both polls. Louisville is No. 5 in the AP poll while Florida is No. 5 in the ESPN/USA Today Poll.
Kentucky, which lost to Notre Dame and Baylor last week, dropped out of the AP rankings for the first time since John Calipari became head coach of the Wildcats. They had been ranked in the last 61 polls.
Kentucky remained ranked in the ESPN/USA Today poll at 19.
Cincinnati (11 AP, 12 ESPN/USA Today), Georgetown (15/23) and Notre Dame (22/25) round out the ranked Big East teams.
Syracuse will play Eastern Michigan on Monday, Long Beach State on Thursday, and Monmouth on Saturday.
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: 2016 guard Tyus Battle has ‘great visit’ to Duke - October 28, 2014
- North Carolina State Wolfpack — 2014 Syracuse football scouting report - October 28, 2014
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: Trevon Duval has ‘pretty good’ visit to Orange Madness - October 27, 2014
- Syracuse 6, Clemson 16 — What we learned - October 27, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 6, Clemson 16 - October 25, 2014
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: Malachi Richardson among top talent in 8Eye Classic - October 24, 2014
- Philadephia 76ers forward Jerami Grant: I miss ‘everything’ about Syracuse - October 24, 2014
- NCAA investigating Syracuse men’s basketball, football programs - October 24, 2014
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: Trevon Duval, Nate Pierre-Louis drawing high-major interest - October 20, 2014
- Syracuse 30, Wake Forest 7 — What we learned - October 20, 2014