Syracuse moved up two spots to No. 4 in the latest AP and ESPN/USA Today Polls released Monday afternoon.
The Orange won 91-82 at Arkansas on the road last week in the Big East/SEC Challenge. That was enough to allow them to jump over Ohio State and Louisville in the polls.
Indiana, Duke and Michigan remained the top three in both polls. Louisville is No. 5 in the AP poll while Florida is No. 5 in the ESPN/USA Today Poll.
Kentucky, which lost to Notre Dame and Baylor last week, dropped out of the AP rankings for the first time since John Calipari became head coach of the Wildcats. They had been ranked in the last 61 polls.
Kentucky remained ranked in the ESPN/USA Today poll at 19.
Cincinnati (11 AP, 12 ESPN/USA Today), Georgetown (15/23) and Notre Dame (22/25) round out the ranked Big East teams.
Syracuse will play Eastern Michigan on Monday, Long Beach State on Thursday, and Monmouth on Saturday.
- Can Syracuse still make the NCAA Tournament? - January 23, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Notre Dame 84 - January 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 76, Boston College 53 - January 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 73, Virginia Tech 83 - January 10, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, Pittsburgh 66 - January 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 70, Miami 55 - January 4, 2017
- Kouwe: Syracuse basketball ‘will get better from here’ - January 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Boston College 96 - January 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Cornell 56 - December 27, 2016
- Cornell Big Red — 2016-17 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - December 26, 2016