Syracuse moved up two spots to No. 4 in the latest AP and ESPN/USA Today Polls released Monday afternoon.
The Orange won 91-82 at Arkansas on the road last week in the Big East/SEC Challenge. That was enough to allow them to jump over Ohio State and Louisville in the polls.
Indiana, Duke and Michigan remained the top three in both polls. Louisville is No. 5 in the AP poll while Florida is No. 5 in the ESPN/USA Today Poll.
Kentucky, which lost to Notre Dame and Baylor last week, dropped out of the AP rankings for the first time since John Calipari became head coach of the Wildcats. They had been ranked in the last 61 polls.
Kentucky remained ranked in the ESPN/USA Today poll at 19.
Cincinnati (11 AP, 12 ESPN/USA Today), Georgetown (15/23) and Notre Dame (22/25) round out the ranked Big East teams.
Syracuse will play Eastern Michigan on Monday, Long Beach State on Thursday, and Monmouth on Saturday.
- McAnaney: Days of Syracuse lacrosse as lock for Final Four are over - May 26, 2016
- 2016 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse G Malachi Richardson - May 25, 2016
- Former punter Brendan Carney talks Syracuse football, Riley Dixon, marathoning - May 18, 2016
- Second half rally by Syracuse lacrosse enough to silence Albany - May 16, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse, seeded No. 8 in the NCAA Tournament, will host Albany - May 9, 2016
- Colgate Raiders — 2016 Syracuse lacrosse scouting report - May 5, 2016
- What will Syracuse’s starting lineup look like in the 2016-17 season? - May 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse in final three for Taurean Thompson - May 5, 2016
- Belbey looking to add one more player to Syracuse alumni team ‘Boeheim’s Army’ - May 4, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 wing Jordan Tucker calls visit to Syracuse ‘great’ - May 4, 2016