Syracuse will win its last two games of the regular season and head to a bowl game, former Syracuse quarterback and current SNY football analyst Don McPherson said on The Juice on the Cuse podcast on Thursday.
McPherson, a former Maxwell Award winner at Syracuse, thinks the win against Louisville has given the Orange the late momentum necessary to clinch a spot in the postseason for the second time in three years.
“I think they’ll carry that momentum,” McPherson said. “Missouri will be tough. I think they’ll pull that out and I think they can get past Temple as well.”
Syracuse’s win on Saturday over previously undefeated and then-No. 9 Louisville was a huge factor for McPherson’s reasoning. It also plays a big role as the program continues to dig itself out from the Greg Robinson era.
“That was a big game for lots of reasons,” McPherson said. “It gets us to the path to bowl eligibility, but it also gets us back to respectibility back for this program.”
Still, the win wasn’t enough to fully secure Marrone’s job, especially in a scanrio where Syracuse drops its last two games and finishes out of the bowl picture at 5-7.
That being said, McPherson believed that Marrone was the right person for the job as SU transitions into the ACC in 2013.
“Overall I don’t know if he’s on the hot seat yet,” McPherson said. “But I think you need stability going into the ACC so I think he’s going to be OK.”
- NCAA Appeals Committee restores four scholarships to Syracuse basketball - November 25, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Taurean Thompson likes Syracuse, picks up NC State offer - November 25, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: How does Shafer firing affect Syracuse recruits? - November 24, 2015
- Syracuse fires football coach Scott Shafer - November 23, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse one of two recruiting Taurean Thompson hardest - November 23, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Elon 55 - November 21, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 29, NC State 42 - November 21, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Judge Culpepper, brother of Rex, picks up Syracuse offer - November 20, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Tyus Battle calls Syracuse signing ’emotional’ - November 19, 2015
- 2018 defensive back Jarrett Paul describes ‘great’ visit to Syracuse - November 19, 2015