Former Syracuse star Andy Rautins is heading to the NBDL’s Tulsa 66ers, the team announced this morning.
Rautins played four games in the preseason with the Oklahoma City Thunder, and averaged 7.0 points, 1.3 rebounds and 1.0 steals a game. He was waived at the end of the preseason.
Rautins will join former Georgetown guard Hollis Thompson and Kentucky center Daniel Orton.
Rautins was originally drafted by the New York Knicks with the 38th pick in the 2010 draft. After playing only five games in New York, he played for CB Lucentum Alicante in Spain in the 2011-12 season.
In his senior season at Syracuse, Rautins averaged 12.1 points, 4.9 assists, 3.4 rebounds and 2.0 steals per game (leading the Big East). He was named to the All Big East Second Team and was also named an AP All American Honorable Mention.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Central Connecticut State 7 - September 1, 2017