Tyler Ennis, considered to be one of the top point guards in the 2013 class, committed to Syracuse on Thursday night, he announced via video on the website of his AAU team, CIA Bounce.
Ennis is the first commitment for Syracuse in the class of 2013. He is rated five stars by Scout.com, and is ranked as the No. 4 overall point guard in his class. He was also considering Illinois, Louisville, Memphis, and UCLA.
“The main thing is the role I’m going to be playing coming in as a freshman a lot of playing time is up for grabs,” Ennis said on the video, explaining his reasons for coming to SU. “Hopefully, I’ll be able to come and play a lot more than I would at another school, but also, the talent they have right now is going to help me look better and help me to get to where I want to be.”
Ennis, a native of Canada, plays for St. Benedict’s in New Jersey. Other recent Canadian players for Syracuse include Andy Rautins and Kris Joseph, both of whom played in the NBA.
See the full video here:
- Mixed Juice: 2016 Syracuse football predictions - August 19, 2016
- Mixed Juice: Who will start for 2016-17 Syracuse basketball? - July 29, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: Parity is the new normal - May 23, 2016
- Thoughts on athletic director Mark Coyle’s departure from Syracuse - May 12, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: ACC Tournament predictions - April 28, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Zagoria breaks down Syracuse basketball’s loss against North Carolina - April 3, 2016
- Part II — Syracuse basketball Final Four Predictions - March 31, 2016
- Syracuse basketball: Final Four Predictions Part I - March 30, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim discusses win over Virginia - March 28, 2016
- A look at the Sweet 16 - March 23, 2016