Syracuse got some good news on Tuesday at Big East Media Day after Orange receiver Alec Lemon said he would be participating in preseason training camp and was on pace to start the regular season. Lemon missed spring practice after having off-season shoulder surgery.
“Coming off surgery, I feel great,” Lemon said to The Juice Online’s Brad Bierman. “My arm feels 100 percent.”
The Orange will certainly be calling Lemon’s number plenty of times season season. He is one 49 players to be named to the 2012 Biletnikoff Award preseason watch list after setting a Syracuse single-season reception record in 2011 with 68 catches.
He was also named to the All Big East Second Team last season and is fifth in SU history with 129 receptions and ninth with 11 touchdowns.
“I’m trying to build off last year,” Lemon said. “Really just getting on the same page as (quarterback) Ryan (Nassib). You know, missing all spring, it was hard sitting out and seeing everyone play without me.”
Still, the news wasn’t all good for the Orange, as the team announced wide receiver Kyle Foster would miss the entire season after suffering a lower body injury.
But the Orange still has plenty of depth, including the return of receiver Marcus Sales, who missed the entire 2011 season.
“I feel like we have a lot of experience,” Lemon said. “A lot of people say that people haven’t been on the field, but I feel like them having been there in the system, playing all of the positions, they have a lot of experience. Having Marcus (Sales) adds another weapon to our arsenal.”
Add all of those things together, and the Orange are ready for something special.
“A big year,” Lemon said. “This whole offensive is powerful. We’ve got a lot of weapons around.”
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 30, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse begins recruitment of Billy Preston - September 30, 2016
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016