Rick Kamla is the host of NBA TV’s Fantasy Hoops, which airs every night during the regular season at 1 a.m. He’s also the play-by-play man for the Euroleague Game of the Week as well as host of Basketball International. We recently spoke with him to help us break down the Syracuse players that were taken in the NBA draft.
The Juice Online: How will Dion Waiters fit in Cleveland?
Rick Kamla: Waiters will be a great fit in Cleveland because: a) they have a starting gig for him from the jump; b) his slashing skills should blend well with Kyrie Irving’s overall game.
TJO: Did you find it curious that the Cavaliers took Waiters and Tyler Zeller in the first round, two players that never worked out with them?
RK: It is a bit curious, but with so much tape to analyze on both guys, both played for such high profile programs, that the Cavs probably felt like they had seen what they needed to see.
TJO: From a fantasy basketball standpoint, do you think that Waiters may be a potential sleeper in drafts?
RK: Waiters is a fantasy sleeper and a Rookie of the Year candidate because the starting job and the minutes are there for him. That said, I don’t see a lot of assists and 3s, so his value may be limited until those skills develop.
TJO: What type of player do you see Fab Melo developing into with the Boston Celtics?
RK: A shot-blocking, lane-clogging center for at least a decade. In other words, exactly what the Celtics need.
TJO: What will Kris Joseph have to do to earn a spot in Boston’s rotation?
RK: Play defense the way Doc wants him to play defense.
- Syracuse v. Virginia: Predictions and analysis - March 2, 2015
- Trevor Cooney not worried after horrid night shooting - February 19, 2015
- Syracuse v. Louisville: Predictions and analysis - February 18, 2015
- Happy Valentine’s Day from 2014-15 Syracuse basketball - February 14, 2015
- Syracuse v. Boston College: Predictions and analysis - February 11, 2015
- Syracuse legend Pearl Washington on post-season ban: ‘It’s sad’ - February 9, 2015
- Syracuse v. Virginia Tech: Predictions and analysis - February 3, 2015
- Syracuse v. Florida State: Predictions and analysis - January 9, 2015
- Keys for Syracuse against Cal in NCAA basketball - November 19, 2014
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim reflects on walk-on days, Big East, referees - November 6, 2014