Rick Kamla is the host of NBA TV’s Fantasy Hoops, which airs every night during the regular season at 1 a.m. He’s also the play-by-play man for the Euroleague Game of the Week as well as host of Basketball International. We recently spoke with him to help us break down the Syracuse players that were taken in the NBA draft.
The Juice Online: How will Dion Waiters fit in Cleveland?
Rick Kamla: Waiters will be a great fit in Cleveland because: a) they have a starting gig for him from the jump; b) his slashing skills should blend well with Kyrie Irving’s overall game.
TJO: Did you find it curious that the Cavaliers took Waiters and Tyler Zeller in the first round, two players that never worked out with them?
RK: It is a bit curious, but with so much tape to analyze on both guys, both played for such high profile programs, that the Cavs probably felt like they had seen what they needed to see.
TJO: From a fantasy basketball standpoint, do you think that Waiters may be a potential sleeper in drafts?
RK: Waiters is a fantasy sleeper and a Rookie of the Year candidate because the starting job and the minutes are there for him. That said, I don’t see a lot of assists and 3s, so his value may be limited until those skills develop.
TJO: What type of player do you see Fab Melo developing into with the Boston Celtics?
RK: A shot-blocking, lane-clogging center for at least a decade. In other words, exactly what the Celtics need.
TJO: What will Kris Joseph have to do to earn a spot in Boston’s rotation?
RK: Play defense the way Doc wants him to play defense.
- Keys for Syracuse against Cal in NCAA basketball - November 19, 2014
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim reflects on walk-on days, Big East, referees - November 6, 2014
- Syracuse basketball makes latest cut in Tyus Battle sweepstakes - November 4, 2014
- ACC Week 9 Football Preview - October 30, 2014
- ACC Digital Network: Live NBA Draft Party - June 26, 2014
- What are the expectations for the Syracuse football team this season? - June 13, 2014
- Offseason questions give Orange long odds for 2014-2015 basketball championship - May 12, 2014
- Will Trevor Cooney really continue improving in his final two years at Syracuse? - April 22, 2014
- Syracuse scores with IMG sponsorship deals - March 27, 2014
- Favorite teams to win the 2014 NCAA Tournament from the South Region - March 25, 2014