Rick Kamla is the host of NBA TV’s Fantasy Hoops, which airs every night during the regular season at 1 a.m. He’s also the play-by-play man for the Euroleague Game of the Week as well as host of Basketball International. We recently spoke with him to help us break down the Syracuse players that were taken in the NBA draft.
The Juice Online: How will Dion Waiters fit in Cleveland?
Rick Kamla: Waiters will be a great fit in Cleveland because: a) they have a starting gig for him from the jump; b) his slashing skills should blend well with Kyrie Irving’s overall game.
TJO: Did you find it curious that the Cavaliers took Waiters and Tyler Zeller in the first round, two players that never worked out with them?
RK: It is a bit curious, but with so much tape to analyze on both guys, both played for such high profile programs, that the Cavs probably felt like they had seen what they needed to see.
TJO: From a fantasy basketball standpoint, do you think that Waiters may be a potential sleeper in drafts?
RK: Waiters is a fantasy sleeper and a Rookie of the Year candidate because the starting job and the minutes are there for him. That said, I don’t see a lot of assists and 3s, so his value may be limited until those skills develop.
TJO: What type of player do you see Fab Melo developing into with the Boston Celtics?
RK: A shot-blocking, lane-clogging center for at least a decade. In other words, exactly what the Celtics need.
TJO: What will Kris Joseph have to do to earn a spot in Boston’s rotation?
RK: Play defense the way Doc wants him to play defense.
- Mixed Juice: What is the impact of Syracuse losing Moustapha Diagne? - August 24, 2015
- What is the significance of Syracuse football restoring 44? - May 22, 2015
- Early 2015-16 Odds Update on the Orange - May 22, 2015
- 2015 NCAA Tournament predictions: Syracuse lacrosse will win it all - May 7, 2015
- Michael Carter-Williams gets hit twice as Bucks eliminated - May 1, 2015
- Mixed Juice: On Syracuse guard Malachi Richardson’s playing time - April 28, 2015
- Tim Welsh: Syracuse head basketball coach Jim Boeheim a ‘fighter’ - March 23, 2015
- Duke’s Jahlil Okafor, Syracuse’s Rakeem Christmas headline TJO’s All-ACC Awards - March 9, 2015
- Syracuse v. NC State: Predictions and analysis - March 6, 2015
- Syracuse v. Virginia: Predictions and analysis - March 2, 2015