Each week over the summer, The Juice Online will be counting down the top 15 players in Syracuse basketball history. Lawrence Moten is No. 10 on our list.
WHY HE’S NO. 10: “Poetry in Moten” left as the most prolific scorer in Syracuse and Big East history. He started all but three games of a four year career where he scored 2,334 points and averaged 19.3 points per game. Moten was also a three-time First Team All Big East selection, a feat accomplished by only 12 players in the league’s history. Still, Moten’s college career ended on a sour note, as he called timeout when the Orangemen didn’t have any remaining against the Arkansas Razorbacks in the 1995 NCAA Tournament.
AFTER SYRACUSE: Moten was selected with the 36th overall pick of the 1995 NBA Draft by the Vancouver Grizzlies. After three years in the NBA, he played in the CBA, the USBL, the IBA, the NBDL and the ABA before retiring in 2006.
- Syracuse v. LSU Football Predictions - September 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Central Michigan Football Predictions - September 15, 2017
- Syracuse v. Middle Tennessee State Predictions - September 8, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Lacrosse Championship: Syracuse predictions - May 9, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse: 2017 ACC championship predictions - April 27, 2017
- Mixed Juice: Reactions to Syracuse missing 2017 NCAA Tournament - March 13, 2017
- Has Syracuse basketball done enough to make the NCAA Tournament? - March 10, 2017
- Syracuse v. Notre Dame, 1/21/17: Predictions and analysis - January 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Boston College, 1/14/17: Predictions and analysis - January 13, 2017
- Mixed Juice: 2016 Syracuse football predictions - August 19, 2016