Each week over the summer, The Juice Online will be counting down the top 15 players in Syracuse basketball history. Vic Hanson is No. 11 on our list.
WHY HE’S NO. 11: Hanson is widely regarded as one of the greatest all-around athletes in college sports history. He is the only man who be in both the college basketball and college football halls of fame. In basketball, he led the 1925-26 team to a 19-1 record and the National Championship. He was an All American in both basketball and football from 1925-27 and was also captain of the baseball team.
AFTER SYRACUSE: Following his SU career, Hanson played a season in the New York Yankees farm system and also played for the Cleveland Rosenblums in the American Basketball League. Eventually, Hanson became head football coach of Syracuse, and compiled a 33-21-5 before retiring in 1936.
- Syracuse v. Notre Dame, 1/21/17: Predictions and analysis - January 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Boston College, 1/14/17: Predictions and analysis - January 13, 2017
- Mixed Juice: 2016 Syracuse football predictions - August 19, 2016
- Mixed Juice: Who will start for 2016-17 Syracuse basketball? - July 29, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: Parity is the new normal - May 23, 2016
- Thoughts on athletic director Mark Coyle’s departure from Syracuse - May 12, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: ACC Tournament predictions - April 28, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Zagoria breaks down Syracuse basketball’s loss against North Carolina - April 3, 2016
- Part II — Syracuse basketball Final Four Predictions - March 31, 2016
- Syracuse basketball: Final Four Predictions Part I - March 30, 2016