Each week over the summer, The Juice Online will be counting down the top 15 players in Syracuse basketball history. Vic Hanson is No. 11 on our list.
WHY HE’S NO. 11: Hanson is widely regarded as one of the greatest all-around athletes in college sports history. He is the only man who be in both the college basketball and college football halls of fame. In basketball, he led the 1925-26 team to a 19-1 record and the National Championship. He was an All American in both basketball and football from 1925-27 and was also captain of the baseball team.
AFTER SYRACUSE: Following his SU career, Hanson played a season in the New York Yankees farm system and also played for the Cleveland Rosenblums in the American Basketball League. Eventually, Hanson became head football coach of Syracuse, and compiled a 33-21-5 before retiring in 1936.
- Syracuse v. Miami Football Predictions - October 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Clemson Football Predictions - October 13, 2017
- Syracuse v. Pittsburgh Football Predictions - October 6, 2017
- Do moral victories mean anything for Syracuse football? - September 26, 2017
- Syracuse v. LSU Football Predictions - September 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Central Michigan Football Predictions - September 15, 2017
- Syracuse v. Middle Tennessee State Predictions - September 8, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Lacrosse Championship: Syracuse predictions - May 9, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse: 2017 ACC championship predictions - April 27, 2017
- Mixed Juice: Reactions to Syracuse missing 2017 NCAA Tournament - March 13, 2017