The Voice of the Syracuse fan is real Orange fans, real opinions and real passion. If you love Syracuse athletics and want your voice and opinions to be heard, share them with us we’ll post it alongside the opinions of some of the most die-hard SU fans around.
Lax hitting its stride
Last week I wrote a submission that stated that SU’s season was all but over. Thankfully for us SU fans, the team decided it didn’t want its season to end. The SU men’s lacrosse team played their most complete two games of the season.
They got good goaltending from Bobby Wardwell. Ricky Buhr showed great promise at the X, which is a key element to this team making a deep NCAA run. Right now, Bobby Eilers is shooting from distance as well as any midfielder in college lacrosse. This has to continue, as does the emergence of Matt Walters on the extra man offense. Derek Maltz needs to be aggressive on offense because Duke will likely cover him with a short stick and put a pole on JoJo Marasco and Eilers. If they don’t, then Eilers needs to keep on shooting. He’s on a roll at the right time.
SU is playing its best lacrosse when it matters most. Not sure what happened with the women’s team against Loyola, but SU has a chance to have both lacrosse teams in the Final Four. It has never felt so good to be so wrong.
The views and opinions expressed by the writers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of The Juice Online or any employee thereof.
- Mixed Juice: 2016 Syracuse football predictions - August 19, 2016
- Mixed Juice: Who will start for 2016-17 Syracuse basketball? - July 29, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: Parity is the new normal - May 23, 2016
- Thoughts on athletic director Mark Coyle’s departure from Syracuse - May 12, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: ACC Tournament predictions - April 28, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Zagoria breaks down Syracuse basketball’s loss against North Carolina - April 3, 2016
- Part II — Syracuse basketball Final Four Predictions - March 31, 2016
- Syracuse basketball: Final Four Predictions Part I - March 30, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim discusses win over Virginia - March 28, 2016
- A look at the Sweet 16 - March 23, 2016