Syracuse will play third-seeded Duke in the first round of the NCAA tournament on Saturday at noon in Durham, NC.
Duke went 13-4 overall and 2-1 in the ACC. The Blue Devils defeated then-No. 3 seed North Carolina in the ACC championship game, 12-9, but fell 15-9, in Mile High Classic to Denver on Monday.
Syracuse won the Big East title by topping St. John’s on Saturday, 12-4.
The winner will play UMass or Colgate on May 20.
Duke is led by sophomore attackman Jordan Wolf, who has 57 points on the season on 29 goals and 28 assists.
Syracuse and Duke played each other in the Big City Classic on April 1 with the Blue Devils winning 12-10. Senior Robert Rotanz had four goals to lead Duke.
The Orange lead the all time series 6-2.
- Mixed Juice: 2016 Syracuse football predictions - August 19, 2016
- Mixed Juice: Who will start for 2016-17 Syracuse basketball? - July 29, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: Parity is the new normal - May 23, 2016
- Thoughts on athletic director Mark Coyle’s departure from Syracuse - May 12, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: ACC Tournament predictions - April 28, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Zagoria breaks down Syracuse basketball’s loss against North Carolina - April 3, 2016
- Part II — Syracuse basketball Final Four Predictions - March 31, 2016
- Syracuse basketball: Final Four Predictions Part I - March 30, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim discusses win over Virginia - March 28, 2016
- A look at the Sweet 16 - March 23, 2016