A report on Friday night from Adam Zagoria and SNY says that small forward Michael Gbinije will be transferring from Duke to Syracuse.
The top-50 prospect coming out of high school played in 19 games, averaging 1.7 points and 0.8 rebounds in his freshman year at Duke. Gbinije came played on the AAU team “Team Takeover,” where incoming Syracuse freshman Jermari Grant also played.
He was ranked a four star recruit by Scout.com, and was listed as the No. 7 small forward in the 2011 class.
As required by NCAA transfer rules, Gbinije will have to sit out the 2012-13 season. ACC schools don’t normally allow players to transfer to another ACC school, but Syracuse has yet to join the conference.
Wes Johnson was Syracuse’s last transfer. Johnson averaged 16.5 points and 8.5 rebounds in his only season at Syracuse, and was a First Team All American.
More on Michael Gbinije:
- Syracuse.com | Duke transfer Michael Gbinije commits to Syracuse; calls SU ‘a good fit for me‘
- CuseNation.com | SU Lands Duke Transfer Michael Gbinije
- Nation of Orange | Duke Transfer Mike Gbinije Commits To Syracuse
- Syracuse lacrosse goalie Bobby Wardwell: Team motivated to win championship - March 26, 2015
- Syracuse bound Moustapha Diagne’s team loses in T of C — Cuse Clicks - March 24, 2015
- Report: Ron Patterson, BJ Johnson to transfer from Syracuse - March 19, 2015
- 2014-15 Syracuse basketball team report card - March 17, 2015
- Texas Tech jumps into Sedee Keita sweepstakes — Cuse Clicks - March 16, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse rallies for win over Johns Hopkins - March 15, 2015
- Scholarship situation still unclear with Syracuse’s recruitment of Thomas Bryant - March 13, 2015
- Moustapha Diagne puts aside Syracuse distractions as team wins North A Title — Cuse Clicks - March 12, 2015
- A quick look at the 2015-16 Syracuse basketball team - March 12, 2015
- Thomas Bryant takes in Indiana game over the weekend — Cuse Clicks - March 9, 2015