A report on Friday night from Adam Zagoria and SNY says that small forward Michael Gbinije will be transferring from Duke to Syracuse.
The top-50 prospect coming out of high school played in 19 games, averaging 1.7 points and 0.8 rebounds in his freshman year at Duke. Gbinije came played on the AAU team “Team Takeover,” where incoming Syracuse freshman Jermari Grant also played.
He was ranked a four star recruit by Scout.com, and was listed as the No. 7 small forward in the 2011 class.
As required by NCAA transfer rules, Gbinije will have to sit out the 2012-13 season. ACC schools don’t normally allow players to transfer to another ACC school, but Syracuse has yet to join the conference.
Wes Johnson was Syracuse’s last transfer. Johnson averaged 16.5 points and 8.5 rebounds in his only season at Syracuse, and was a First Team All American.
More on Michael Gbinije:
- Syracuse.com | Duke transfer Michael Gbinije commits to Syracuse; calls SU ‘a good fit for me‘
- CuseNation.com | SU Lands Duke Transfer Michael Gbinije
- Nation of Orange | Duke Transfer Mike Gbinije Commits To Syracuse
- Recruiting Roundup: 2018 running back Jawhar Jordan commits to Syracuse - May 25, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Marek Dolezaj to Syracuse, Meechi Harris narrows list to nine - May 24, 2017
- 2017 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon - May 23, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Tournament: A look at Syracuse lacrosse’s first round matchup against Yale - May 11, 2017