A report on Friday night from Adam Zagoria and SNY says that small forward Michael Gbinije will be transferring from Duke to Syracuse.
The top-50 prospect coming out of high school played in 19 games, averaging 1.7 points and 0.8 rebounds in his freshman year at Duke. Gbinije came played on the AAU team “Team Takeover,” where incoming Syracuse freshman Jermari Grant also played.
He was ranked a four star recruit by Scout.com, and was listed as the No. 7 small forward in the 2011 class.
As required by NCAA transfer rules, Gbinije will have to sit out the 2012-13 season. ACC schools don’t normally allow players to transfer to another ACC school, but Syracuse has yet to join the conference.
Wes Johnson was Syracuse’s last transfer. Johnson averaged 16.5 points and 8.5 rebounds in his only season at Syracuse, and was a First Team All American.
More on Michael Gbinije:
- Syracuse.com | Duke transfer Michael Gbinije commits to Syracuse; calls SU ‘a good fit for me‘
- CuseNation.com | SU Lands Duke Transfer Michael Gbinije
- Nation of Orange | Duke Transfer Mike Gbinije Commits To Syracuse
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017