The Voice of the Syracuse fan is real Orange fans, real opinions and real passion. If you love Syracuse athletics and want your voice and opinions to be heard, share them with us we’ll post it alongside the opinions of some of the most die-hard SU fans around.
Are closed practices a secret strategy?
As spring practices wind down across the country, Syracuse is the only team not to allow much information to leak to the media. After three weeks of this strategy, I can’t help but commend Coach Marrone for the terrific job he’s doing.
Very few stories have come out since Marrone closed practices. The most intriguing story is the anticipated re-birth of Marcus Sales. I’m not saying it’s what we’ve been missing, but the confidence he has displayed is an absolute asset. Nick Provo is gone, and quarterback Ryan Nassib once again lacks a primary target.
The biggest question, in my opinion, is SU’s offense. Nassib has turned into a solid quarterback, but his inconsistencies at closing games and inability to step up for big games, are huge problems. If Nassib takes the last step in his development, Syracuse could challenge for a Big East Championship. Anything less than across the board improvements, and the Orange will be going home without a Bowl invite again!
Who will be our breakout freshman? How much will Ashton Broyld play? Will this be the year we have a legit deep threat? Can Sales become our impact player? Can our defense produce points? These are questions that will be answered soon when Syracuse plays its spring game this weekend.
Bleeding Orange, not feeling blue over Noel
In a era of social media giving the players a microphone and a stage every time they even hiccup, it is not surprising that Nerlens Noel had us hanging like a string from a yo-yo. After Noel declared that we were not even his second choice, I believe that Tweets like, “With Fab leaving, this becomes very interesting” were just thrown out there like a hanging curveball that we could never hit.
In a selfish Orange kind of way, I’m glad that he is “taking his talents” to Kentucky because we need players that really want to be part of the Cuse basketball family, like our own original DC cheering his heart out at almost every game! So, yes with players like DaJuan Coleman and Jemari Grant, along with sharp shooter Trevor Cooney joining our already talented and proven returnees, I’m here to say I’m bleeding Orange and not feeling Kentucky blue!
The views and opinions expressed by the writers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of The Juice Online or any employee thereof.
- Syracuse v. LSU Football Predictions - September 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Central Michigan Football Predictions - September 15, 2017
- Syracuse v. Middle Tennessee State Predictions - September 8, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Lacrosse Championship: Syracuse predictions - May 9, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse: 2017 ACC championship predictions - April 27, 2017
- Mixed Juice: Reactions to Syracuse missing 2017 NCAA Tournament - March 13, 2017
- Has Syracuse basketball done enough to make the NCAA Tournament? - March 10, 2017
- Syracuse v. Notre Dame, 1/21/17: Predictions and analysis - January 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Boston College, 1/14/17: Predictions and analysis - January 13, 2017
- Mixed Juice: 2016 Syracuse football predictions - August 19, 2016