The Orange, coming off a scoring explosion against Rutgers, will try to continue its offensive momentum against Hobart.
IN SYRACUSE’S LAST GAME: Syracuse scored 12 straight goals in the first half and ended up cruising to a 19-6 win over Rutgers in the ESPNU Warrior Classic. Little went wrong on the afternoon, as the Orange got four goals from Derek Maltz. Even more encouraging for SU was the performance of defenseman Brian Megill at the faceoff X. Megill went 8-for-12 in a department that the Orange have struggled with all season.
IN HOBART’S LAST GAME: Hobart used a 33-minute lightning delay between the third and fourth quarters to their advantage. The Statesmen scored six straight goals in the final period and held on for a thrilling 14-13 win over Bellarmine. Sophomore attackman Alex Love tied a career-high with five goals, and was named ECAC Lacrosse League Offensive Player of the Week.
SCOUTING THE STATESMEN: Love upped his goal total to 27 on the season, a team high. But its been the defense that has been the biggest problem for the Statesmen this season. While Hobart averages 10.9 goals, it also allows 12.9 goals a game. Megill will be tested at faceoff X by Bobby Dattilo, who leads the NCAA with a 66.7 winning percentage in faceoffs.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: The Orange have a 70-25-2 all time series lead against Hobart, including a 13-7 win at the Dome last year. SU has also won 24 of the last 26 meetings between the two teams, capturing the Kraus-Simmons trophy each time. The last time Hobart won the trophy was in 2005.
GAME INFORMATION: Tuesday, Apr. 17, Geneva, N.Y., 7 p.m. TV: ESPNU. Follow us @thejuiceonline for live game updates.
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016