The Orange, coming off a scoring explosion against Rutgers, will try to continue its offensive momentum against Hobart.
IN SYRACUSE’S LAST GAME: Syracuse scored 12 straight goals in the first half and ended up cruising to a 19-6 win over Rutgers in the ESPNU Warrior Classic. Little went wrong on the afternoon, as the Orange got four goals from Derek Maltz. Even more encouraging for SU was the performance of defenseman Brian Megill at the faceoff X. Megill went 8-for-12 in a department that the Orange have struggled with all season.
IN HOBART’S LAST GAME: Hobart used a 33-minute lightning delay between the third and fourth quarters to their advantage. The Statesmen scored six straight goals in the final period and held on for a thrilling 14-13 win over Bellarmine. Sophomore attackman Alex Love tied a career-high with five goals, and was named ECAC Lacrosse League Offensive Player of the Week.
SCOUTING THE STATESMEN: Love upped his goal total to 27 on the season, a team high. But its been the defense that has been the biggest problem for the Statesmen this season. While Hobart averages 10.9 goals, it also allows 12.9 goals a game. Megill will be tested at faceoff X by Bobby Dattilo, who leads the NCAA with a 66.7 winning percentage in faceoffs.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: The Orange have a 70-25-2 all time series lead against Hobart, including a 13-7 win at the Dome last year. SU has also won 24 of the last 26 meetings between the two teams, capturing the Kraus-Simmons trophy each time. The last time Hobart won the trophy was in 2005.
GAME INFORMATION: Tuesday, Apr. 17, Geneva, N.Y., 7 p.m. TV: ESPNU. Follow us @thejuiceonline for live game updates.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, Boston College 17 - November 28, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Texas A&M 67 - November 27, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Florida teammates Whittaker, Hawkins hold Syracuse offers - November 27, 2015
- NCAA Appeals Committee restores four scholarships to Syracuse basketball - November 25, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Taurean Thompson likes Syracuse, picks up NC State offer - November 25, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: How does Shafer firing affect Syracuse recruits? - November 24, 2015
- Syracuse fires football coach Scott Shafer - November 23, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse one of two recruiting Taurean Thompson hardest - November 23, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Elon 55 - November 21, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 29, NC State 42 - November 21, 2015