The Orange, coming off a scoring explosion against Rutgers, will try to continue its offensive momentum against Hobart.
IN SYRACUSE’S LAST GAME: Syracuse scored 12 straight goals in the first half and ended up cruising to a 19-6 win over Rutgers in the ESPNU Warrior Classic. Little went wrong on the afternoon, as the Orange got four goals from Derek Maltz. Even more encouraging for SU was the performance of defenseman Brian Megill at the faceoff X. Megill went 8-for-12 in a department that the Orange have struggled with all season.
IN HOBART’S LAST GAME: Hobart used a 33-minute lightning delay between the third and fourth quarters to their advantage. The Statesmen scored six straight goals in the final period and held on for a thrilling 14-13 win over Bellarmine. Sophomore attackman Alex Love tied a career-high with five goals, and was named ECAC Lacrosse League Offensive Player of the Week.
SCOUTING THE STATESMEN: Love upped his goal total to 27 on the season, a team high. But its been the defense that has been the biggest problem for the Statesmen this season. While Hobart averages 10.9 goals, it also allows 12.9 goals a game. Megill will be tested at faceoff X by Bobby Dattilo, who leads the NCAA with a 66.7 winning percentage in faceoffs.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: The Orange have a 70-25-2 all time series lead against Hobart, including a 13-7 win at the Dome last year. SU has also won 24 of the last 26 meetings between the two teams, capturing the Kraus-Simmons trophy each time. The last time Hobart won the trophy was in 2005.
GAME INFORMATION: Tuesday, Apr. 17, Geneva, N.Y., 7 p.m. TV: ESPNU. Follow us @thejuiceonline for live game updates.
- Syracuse commit Malachi Richardson named McDonald’s All-American — Cuse Clicks - January 29, 2015
- Maryland jumps in Jordan Tucker sweepstakes — Cuse Clicks - January 28, 2015
- Kassoum Yakwe takes in St. John’s game at Madison Square Garden — Cuse Clicks - January 27, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 83, North Carolina 93 - January 26, 2015
- Syracuse recruit Thomas Bryant has not set any visits yet — Cuse Clicks - January 26, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 62, Miami 66 - January 24, 2015
- What effect will NCAA investigation have on Syracuse’s recruitment of Thomas Bryant? - January 23, 2015
- Syracuse commit Malachi Richardson pours in 34 for Iron Mikes — Cuse Clicks - January 23, 2015
- Moustapha Diagne notches 16 points, rebounds as Pope John avoids upset — Cuse Clicks - January 22, 2015
- VJ King planning visits to Kentucky, Louisville — Cuse Clicks - January 21, 2015