The Voice of the Syracuse fan is real Orange fans, real opinions and real passion. If you love Syracuse athletics and want your voice and opinions to be heard, share them with us we’ll post it alongside the opinions of some of the most die-hard SU fans around.
Noel wasn’t “Syracuse basketball”
Whatever I say will sound like a lover scorned. However, I never wanted Noel. I never saw his flashiness truly fitting into our mold. Then, as ESPN began exploiting him, an uneasy feeling grew in my stomach. I met a lot of Cuse fans who thought this one kid, who has yet to step onto a college stage, could do no wrong.
The magic of team chemistry cannot be forced. Waiters began the motto: Humble and Hungry. That’s what makes them so lovable. We don’t have divas. We don’t have larger-than-life personas. True leaders point to the team when they win and point to themselves when they lose. I see that in Triche and Fair. I saw Noel as a kid who would point to the team when they lose and himself when they win. He is simply not Cuse basketball.
Cuse fans are rabid. For us, it’s unfathomable that someone could choose another place to play. We love Grant and Coleman, who have yet to do anything other than RT like Dion after a 30 point game. We know we are stacked. We know other schools are jealous of us for that. So, Noel, bring it.
The views and opinions expressed by the writers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of The Juice Online or any employee thereof.
- Syracuse v. Florida State: Predictions and analysis - January 9, 2015
- Keys for Syracuse against Cal in NCAA basketball - November 19, 2014
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim reflects on walk-on days, Big East, referees - November 6, 2014
- Syracuse basketball makes latest cut in Tyus Battle sweepstakes - November 4, 2014
- ACC Week 9 Football Preview - October 30, 2014
- ACC Digital Network: Live NBA Draft Party - June 26, 2014
- What are the expectations for the Syracuse football team this season? - June 13, 2014
- Offseason questions give Orange long odds for 2014-2015 basketball championship - May 12, 2014
- Will Trevor Cooney really continue improving in his final two years at Syracuse? - April 22, 2014
- Syracuse scores with IMG sponsorship deals - March 27, 2014