The Voice of the Syracuse fan is real Orange fans, real opinions and real passion. If you love Syracuse athletics and want your voice and opinions to be heard, share them with us we’ll post it alongside the opinions of some of the most die-hard SU fans around.
Noel wasn’t “Syracuse basketball”
Whatever I say will sound like a lover scorned. However, I never wanted Noel. I never saw his flashiness truly fitting into our mold. Then, as ESPN began exploiting him, an uneasy feeling grew in my stomach. I met a lot of Cuse fans who thought this one kid, who has yet to step onto a college stage, could do no wrong.
The magic of team chemistry cannot be forced. Waiters began the motto: Humble and Hungry. That’s what makes them so lovable. We don’t have divas. We don’t have larger-than-life personas. True leaders point to the team when they win and point to themselves when they lose. I see that in Triche and Fair. I saw Noel as a kid who would point to the team when they lose and himself when they win. He is simply not Cuse basketball.
Cuse fans are rabid. For us, it’s unfathomable that someone could choose another place to play. We love Grant and Coleman, who have yet to do anything other than RT like Dion after a 30 point game. We know we are stacked. We know other schools are jealous of us for that. So, Noel, bring it.
The views and opinions expressed by the writers are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of The Juice Online or any employee thereof.
- Mixed Juice: 2016 Syracuse football predictions - August 19, 2016
- Mixed Juice: Who will start for 2016-17 Syracuse basketball? - July 29, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: Parity is the new normal - May 23, 2016
- Thoughts on athletic director Mark Coyle’s departure from Syracuse - May 12, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: ACC Tournament predictions - April 28, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Zagoria breaks down Syracuse basketball’s loss against North Carolina - April 3, 2016
- Part II — Syracuse basketball Final Four Predictions - March 31, 2016
- Syracuse basketball: Final Four Predictions Part I - March 30, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim discusses win over Virginia - March 28, 2016
- A look at the Sweet 16 - March 23, 2016