Top center recruit Nerlens Noel will be taking his talents to the University of Kentucky.
Borrowing a quote from Lebron James, Noel made his decision live on ESPNU. “I’ll be taking my talents to,” Noel said, before turning around to show a University of Kentucky logo cut into the back of his hair.
“I just thought it was the best fit for me,” Noel said, adding that his mother felt that it was the best decision, as well.
Noel was ranked as the No. 1 recruit in the 2012 class according to Scout.com. He had narrowed his decision down to three schools, Syracuse, Kentucky and Georgetown, before deciding to head to the Wildcats.
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse begins recruitment of Billy Preston - September 30, 2016
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016