Syracuse recruit Nerlens Noel has made his decision on what school he will attend and will make his announcement on ESPNU tonight.
“After a lot of contemplating last night with my family, I feel that they’ve helped me make the right decision that’s best for me,” Noel tweeted Wednesday afternoon.
Noel is ranked as the No. 1 recruit in the 2012 class according to Scout.com. He has narrowed his decision down to three schools: Syracuse, Kentucky and Georgetown.
Noel, a McDonald’s All American, will formally announce his decision on ESPNU during a special that begins at 7:30 p.m. The actual announcement will come later in the broadcast.
“Toughest decision of my life,” Noel said in a separate tweet.
Kentucky has the appeal of just having won a national championship with one-and-done talent Anthony Davis.
Meanwhile, Georgetown has developed a reputation of being “Big Man U” with such players as Patrick Ewing, Alonzo Mourning, Dikembe Mutombo and, more recently, Roy Hibbert and Greg Monroe.
Syracuse has been a choice destination for big men, recently, as well. In the last two years, Syracuse has landed Fab Melo and Rakeem Christmas, both McDonald’s All Americans. Noel’s decision could be swayed by Melo declaring for the NBA draft.
Orange guard Michael Carter-Williams also has a close relationship with Noel.
“He’s one of my best friends,” Carter-Williams told The Juice Online back in February. “He knows I want him to come here, definitely.”
- Michael Gbinije credits Syracuse coaching staff for transition to NBA - June 24, 2016
- Syracuse G Malachi Richardson: Being drafted was like ‘animal’ lifted off back - June 24, 2016
- Former Syracuse forward Michael Gbinije drafted by Detroit Pistons - June 23, 2016
- Former Syracuse forward Malachi Richardson drafted by Sacramento Kings - June 23, 2016
- Zack Mahoney — Meet the 2016 Syracuse Football team - June 23, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 Florida WR Joshua Palmer commits to Syracuse - June 23, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from 2017 WR Nykein Johnson - June 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2017 WR Nykeim Johnson - June 21, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse Football preview - June 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse football adds De’Jon Wilson, Tyrell Richards - June 20, 2016