Syracuse recruit Nerlens Noel has made his decision on what school he will attend and will make his announcement on ESPNU tonight.
“After a lot of contemplating last night with my family, I feel that they’ve helped me make the right decision that’s best for me,” Noel tweeted Wednesday afternoon.
Noel is ranked as the No. 1 recruit in the 2012 class according to Scout.com. He has narrowed his decision down to three schools: Syracuse, Kentucky and Georgetown.
Noel, a McDonald’s All American, will formally announce his decision on ESPNU during a special that begins at 7:30 p.m. The actual announcement will come later in the broadcast.
“Toughest decision of my life,” Noel said in a separate tweet.
Kentucky has the appeal of just having won a national championship with one-and-done talent Anthony Davis.
Meanwhile, Georgetown has developed a reputation of being “Big Man U” with such players as Patrick Ewing, Alonzo Mourning, Dikembe Mutombo and, more recently, Roy Hibbert and Greg Monroe.
Syracuse has been a choice destination for big men, recently, as well. In the last two years, Syracuse has landed Fab Melo and Rakeem Christmas, both McDonald’s All Americans. Noel’s decision could be swayed by Melo declaring for the NBA draft.
Orange guard Michael Carter-Williams also has a close relationship with Noel.
“He’s one of my best friends,” Carter-Williams told The Juice Online back in February. “He knows I want him to come here, definitely.”
- Dontae Strickland says he’s qualified to attend Syracuse — Cuse Clicks - May 22, 2015
- Kentucky, Oregon working hardest on Jamal Murray — Cuse Clicks - May 20, 2015
- Kurt Gavin plans to visit Syracuse after receiving offer — Cuse Clicks - May 18, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse season ends against Johns Hopkins - May 18, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse meets familiar foe Johns Hopkins in NCAA Tournament - May 15, 2015
- Dwayne Haskins, Jr. will announce college decision Friday — Cuse Clicks - May 14, 2015
- 2016 5-star guard Tyus Battle spurns Syracuse, selects Michigan — Cuse Clicks - May 12, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse dominates in NCAA Tournament win over Marist - May 11, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse opens 2015 NCAA Tournament against Marist - May 8, 2015
- Syracuse among top five for 2016 guard Alterique Gilbert — Cuse Clicks - May 7, 2015