Syracuse recruit Nerlens Noel has made his decision on what school he will attend and will make his announcement on ESPNU tonight.
“After a lot of contemplating last night with my family, I feel that they’ve helped me make the right decision that’s best for me,” Noel tweeted Wednesday afternoon.
Noel is ranked as the No. 1 recruit in the 2012 class according to Scout.com. He has narrowed his decision down to three schools: Syracuse, Kentucky and Georgetown.
Noel, a McDonald’s All American, will formally announce his decision on ESPNU during a special that begins at 7:30 p.m. The actual announcement will come later in the broadcast.
“Toughest decision of my life,” Noel said in a separate tweet.
Kentucky has the appeal of just having won a national championship with one-and-done talent Anthony Davis.
Meanwhile, Georgetown has developed a reputation of being “Big Man U” with such players as Patrick Ewing, Alonzo Mourning, Dikembe Mutombo and, more recently, Roy Hibbert and Greg Monroe.
Syracuse has been a choice destination for big men, recently, as well. In the last two years, Syracuse has landed Fab Melo and Rakeem Christmas, both McDonald’s All Americans. Noel’s decision could be swayed by Melo declaring for the NBA draft.
Orange guard Michael Carter-Williams also has a close relationship with Noel.
“He’s one of my best friends,” Carter-Williams told The Juice Online back in February. “He knows I want him to come here, definitely.”
- Notre Dame hands Syracuse lacrosse its first loss of the season - March 29, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse goalie Bobby Wardwell: Team motivated to win championship - March 26, 2015
- Syracuse bound Moustapha Diagne’s team loses in T of C — Cuse Clicks - March 24, 2015
- Report: Ron Patterson, BJ Johnson to transfer from Syracuse - March 19, 2015
- 2014-15 Syracuse basketball team report card - March 17, 2015
- Texas Tech jumps into Sedee Keita sweepstakes — Cuse Clicks - March 16, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse rallies for win over Johns Hopkins - March 15, 2015
- Scholarship situation still unclear with Syracuse’s recruitment of Thomas Bryant - March 13, 2015
- Moustapha Diagne puts aside Syracuse distractions as team wins North A Title — Cuse Clicks - March 12, 2015
- A quick look at the 2015-16 Syracuse basketball team - March 12, 2015