Syracuse recruit Nerlens Noel has made his decision on what school he will attend and will make his announcement on ESPNU tonight.
“After a lot of contemplating last night with my family, I feel that they’ve helped me make the right decision that’s best for me,” Noel tweeted Wednesday afternoon.
Noel is ranked as the No. 1 recruit in the 2012 class according to Scout.com. He has narrowed his decision down to three schools: Syracuse, Kentucky and Georgetown.
Noel, a McDonald’s All American, will formally announce his decision on ESPNU during a special that begins at 7:30 p.m. The actual announcement will come later in the broadcast.
“Toughest decision of my life,” Noel said in a separate tweet.
Kentucky has the appeal of just having won a national championship with one-and-done talent Anthony Davis.
Meanwhile, Georgetown has developed a reputation of being “Big Man U” with such players as Patrick Ewing, Alonzo Mourning, Dikembe Mutombo and, more recently, Roy Hibbert and Greg Monroe.
Syracuse has been a choice destination for big men, recently, as well. In the last two years, Syracuse has landed Fab Melo and Rakeem Christmas, both McDonald’s All Americans. Noel’s decision could be swayed by Melo declaring for the NBA draft.
Orange guard Michael Carter-Williams also has a close relationship with Noel.
“He’s one of my best friends,” Carter-Williams told The Juice Online back in February. “He knows I want him to come here, definitely.”
- Kassoum Yakwe takes in St. John’s game at Madison Square Garden — Cuse Clicks - January 27, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 83, North Carolina 93 - January 26, 2015
- Syracuse recruit Thomas Bryant has not set any visits yet — Cuse Clicks - January 26, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 62, Miami 66 - January 24, 2015
- What effect will NCAA investigation have on Syracuse’s recruitment of Thomas Bryant? - January 23, 2015
- Syracuse commit Malachi Richardson pours in 34 for Iron Mikes — Cuse Clicks - January 23, 2015
- Moustapha Diagne notches 16 points, rebounds as Pope John avoids upset — Cuse Clicks - January 22, 2015
- VJ King planning visits to Kentucky, Louisville — Cuse Clicks - January 21, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 69, Boston College 61 - January 20, 2015
- Thomas Bryant puts on performance with Syracuse watching — Cuse Clicks - January 20, 2015