Syracuse recruit Nerlens Noel has made his decision on what school he will attend and will make his announcement on ESPNU tonight.
“After a lot of contemplating last night with my family, I feel that they’ve helped me make the right decision that’s best for me,” Noel tweeted Wednesday afternoon.
Noel is ranked as the No. 1 recruit in the 2012 class according to Scout.com. He has narrowed his decision down to three schools: Syracuse, Kentucky and Georgetown.
Noel, a McDonald’s All American, will formally announce his decision on ESPNU during a special that begins at 7:30 p.m. The actual announcement will come later in the broadcast.
“Toughest decision of my life,” Noel said in a separate tweet.
Kentucky has the appeal of just having won a national championship with one-and-done talent Anthony Davis.
Meanwhile, Georgetown has developed a reputation of being “Big Man U” with such players as Patrick Ewing, Alonzo Mourning, Dikembe Mutombo and, more recently, Roy Hibbert and Greg Monroe.
Syracuse has been a choice destination for big men, recently, as well. In the last two years, Syracuse has landed Fab Melo and Rakeem Christmas, both McDonald’s All Americans. Noel’s decision could be swayed by Melo declaring for the NBA draft.
Orange guard Michael Carter-Williams also has a close relationship with Noel.
“He’s one of my best friends,” Carter-Williams told The Juice Online back in February. “He knows I want him to come here, definitely.”
- Recruiting Roundup: Taurean Thompson visits Rutgers, plans Syracuse trip - September 3, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse football active as open contact period starts - September 2, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Who will Syracuse pursue now that Robert Washington is out? - September 1, 2015
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Impact of Robert Washington decommiting from Syracuse - August 31, 2015
- Rercruiting Roundup: Syracuse target Cycoby Burch will take officials before commiting - August 28, 2015
- Adelson: Syracuse football faces tough road to bowl game in 2015 - August 28, 2015
- Antwan Cordy — Meet the 2015 Syracuse Football team - August 27, 2015
- Rercruiting Roundup: Is the door open for Moustapha Diagne at Syracuse? - August 26, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Cycoby Burch to choose between Syracuse, three others - August 25, 2015
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Decommitted Amir Watts speaking to Syracuse - August 24, 2015