Syracuse, which defeated a ranked opponent for the first time this season on Saturday, will try to make it two in a row when it travels to Ithaca to play the Big Red.
IN SYRACUSE’S LAST GAME: Syracuse freshman goalie Bobby Wardwell started the first game of his college career and notched nine saves as the Orange defeated No. 11 Princeton 10-9. SU scored four unanswered goals to close the third period and got four goals and an assist from Tommy Palasek. Syracuse’s defense was strong, forcing 19 turnovers, and held Princeton to just five goals in the final three periods of the game.
IN CORNELL’S LAST GAME: Roy Lang scored three goals and two assists, and was among eleven different players to score, as Cornell defeated Harvard 14-10 on Saturday. Goalie Andrew West recorded eight saves, as the Big Red allowed just one goal in the first 31:12 of the game.
SCOUTING THE BIG RED: Schoellkopf Field has been every bit the home field advantage for the Big Red, as their 14-game winning streak is the longest active streak in the nation. Attackman Steve Mock has paced the offense with 19 goals and six assists while freshman Matt Donovan has been one of the Ivy League’s top newcomers, with 12 goals and 12 assists. On defense, goalie Andrew West has allowed just 7.70 goals per game. Cornell has also been solid at faceoff X this season, winning them at a 52.1 percent rate.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: The last time these two teams met, Cornell dominated Syracuse at the Carrier Dome, topping them 11-6. Midfielder Josh Amidon led SU with five points, but the Orange never led in the game. Syracuse holds a 61-34-1 advantage in the all-time series.
GAME INFORMATION: Tues, Apr. 10, Ithaca, NY, 7 p.m. TV: TWCS.
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017