Syracuse, which defeated a ranked opponent for the first time this season on Saturday, will try to make it two in a row when it travels to Ithaca to play the Big Red.
IN SYRACUSE’S LAST GAME: Syracuse freshman goalie Bobby Wardwell started the first game of his college career and notched nine saves as the Orange defeated No. 11 Princeton 10-9. SU scored four unanswered goals to close the third period and got four goals and an assist from Tommy Palasek. Syracuse’s defense was strong, forcing 19 turnovers, and held Princeton to just five goals in the final three periods of the game.
IN CORNELL’S LAST GAME: Roy Lang scored three goals and two assists, and was among eleven different players to score, as Cornell defeated Harvard 14-10 on Saturday. Goalie Andrew West recorded eight saves, as the Big Red allowed just one goal in the first 31:12 of the game.
SCOUTING THE BIG RED: Schoellkopf Field has been every bit the home field advantage for the Big Red, as their 14-game winning streak is the longest active streak in the nation. Attackman Steve Mock has paced the offense with 19 goals and six assists while freshman Matt Donovan has been one of the Ivy League’s top newcomers, with 12 goals and 12 assists. On defense, goalie Andrew West has allowed just 7.70 goals per game. Cornell has also been solid at faceoff X this season, winning them at a 52.1 percent rate.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: The last time these two teams met, Cornell dominated Syracuse at the Carrier Dome, topping them 11-6. Midfielder Josh Amidon led SU with five points, but the Orange never led in the game. Syracuse holds a 61-34-1 advantage in the all-time series.
GAME INFORMATION: Tues, Apr. 10, Ithaca, NY, 7 p.m. TV: TWCS.
- Recruiting Roundup: Decision day for Hugh Davis, Syracuse re-offers Jo-El Shaw - May 26, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: 2018 running back Jawhar Jordan commits to Syracuse - May 25, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Marek Dolezaj to Syracuse, Meechi Harris narrows list to nine - May 24, 2017
- 2017 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon - May 23, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017