Syracuse will play San Diego State on the flight deck of the USS Midway Museum on Nov. 9, the San Diego Union Tribune reports.
The inaugural event will be called the Battle on the Midway. The Union Tribune also reports that Georgetown was originally slated to play in the game, but couldn’t play because of a scheduling conflict.
The Orange previously played the Aztecs in the second round of the National Invitation Tournament on March 19, 2007. Syracuse defeated San Diego State 80-64 in front of an NIT record 26,572 at the Carrier Dome. Demetris Nichols led all scorers with 20 points.
San Diego State finished tied atop the Mountain West Conference this season with New Mexico. The Aztecs were 26-8 overall and were eliminated by NC State in the NCAA Tournament in the round of 64.
- McAnaney: Days of Syracuse lacrosse as lock for Final Four are over - May 26, 2016
- 2016 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse G Malachi Richardson - May 25, 2016
- Former punter Brendan Carney talks Syracuse football, Riley Dixon, marathoning - May 18, 2016
- Second half rally by Syracuse lacrosse enough to silence Albany - May 16, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse, seeded No. 8 in the NCAA Tournament, will host Albany - May 9, 2016
- Colgate Raiders — 2016 Syracuse lacrosse scouting report - May 5, 2016
- What will Syracuse’s starting lineup look like in the 2016-17 season? - May 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse in final three for Taurean Thompson - May 5, 2016
- Belbey looking to add one more player to Syracuse alumni team ‘Boeheim’s Army’ - May 4, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 wing Jordan Tucker calls visit to Syracuse ‘great’ - May 4, 2016