Syracuse will play San Diego State on the flight deck of the USS Midway Museum on Nov. 9, the San Diego Union Tribune reports.
The inaugural event will be called the Battle on the Midway. The Union Tribune also reports that Georgetown was originally slated to play in the game, but couldn’t play because of a scheduling conflict.
The Orange previously played the Aztecs in the second round of the National Invitation Tournament on March 19, 2007. Syracuse defeated San Diego State 80-64 in front of an NIT record 26,572 at the Carrier Dome. Demetris Nichols led all scorers with 20 points.
San Diego State finished tied atop the Mountain West Conference this season with New Mexico. The Aztecs were 26-8 overall and were eliminated by NC State in the NCAA Tournament in the round of 64.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, Boston College 17 - November 28, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Texas A&M 67 - November 27, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Florida teammates Whittaker, Hawkins hold Syracuse offers - November 27, 2015
- NCAA Appeals Committee restores four scholarships to Syracuse basketball - November 25, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Taurean Thompson likes Syracuse, picks up NC State offer - November 25, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: How does Shafer firing affect Syracuse recruits? - November 24, 2015
- Syracuse fires football coach Scott Shafer - November 23, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse one of two recruiting Taurean Thompson hardest - November 23, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Elon 55 - November 21, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 29, NC State 42 - November 21, 2015