Syracuse will play San Diego State on the flight deck of the USS Midway Museum on Nov. 9, the San Diego Union Tribune reports.
The inaugural event will be called the Battle on the Midway. The Union Tribune also reports that Georgetown was originally slated to play in the game, but couldn’t play because of a scheduling conflict.
The Orange previously played the Aztecs in the second round of the National Invitation Tournament on March 19, 2007. Syracuse defeated San Diego State 80-64 in front of an NIT record 26,572 at the Carrier Dome. Demetris Nichols led all scorers with 20 points.
San Diego State finished tied atop the Mountain West Conference this season with New Mexico. The Aztecs were 26-8 overall and were eliminated by NC State in the NCAA Tournament in the round of 64.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 31, Virginia Tech 17 - October 15, 2016
- Virginia Tech Hokies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - October 14, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 9, Wake Forest 28 - October 8, 2016
- Waters: Syracuse basketball in ‘good shape’ for 2017 targets - October 6, 2016
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - October 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse extends offer to 2017 five-star Billy Preston - October 4, 2016
- Syracuse football notebook: Tom Coughlin calls interview with Bills ‘none of your business’ - October 3, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Jasiah Provillon, Shayne Simon - October 3, 2016
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 30, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse begins recruitment of Billy Preston - September 30, 2016