Syracuse will play San Diego State on the flight deck of the USS Midway Museum on Nov. 9, the San Diego Union Tribune reports.
The inaugural event will be called the Battle on the Midway. The Union Tribune also reports that Georgetown was originally slated to play in the game, but couldn’t play because of a scheduling conflict.
The Orange previously played the Aztecs in the second round of the National Invitation Tournament on March 19, 2007. Syracuse defeated San Diego State 80-64 in front of an NIT record 26,572 at the Carrier Dome. Demetris Nichols led all scorers with 20 points.
San Diego State finished tied atop the Mountain West Conference this season with New Mexico. The Aztecs were 26-8 overall and were eliminated by NC State in the NCAA Tournament in the round of 64.
- Recruiting Roundup: Spike Albrecht to visit Syracuse after Grant Mullins commits to Cal - April 28, 2016
- Will Malachi Richardson return to Syracuse and other burning questions for 2016-17 season - April 27, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes top 10 for Cheickna Dembele; Taurean Thompson to visit - April 27, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 big man Simi Shittu, 2017 guard Ethan Thompson - April 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Quade Green ‘probably’ will take unofficial visit to Syracuse - April 25, 2016
- 2015-16 Syracuse basketball report card - April 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Dorian Hardy; Jordan Tucker to visit Indiana - April 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Elijah McAllister; Daewood Davis decommits - April 21, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Justin Shorter, Brendan Bordner - April 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Brandon Randolph; Quade Green nears decision - April 19, 2016