Syracuse will play San Diego State on the flight deck of the USS Midway Museum on Nov. 9, the San Diego Union Tribune reports.
The inaugural event will be called the Battle on the Midway. The Union Tribune also reports that Georgetown was originally slated to play in the game, but couldn’t play because of a scheduling conflict.
The Orange previously played the Aztecs in the second round of the National Invitation Tournament on March 19, 2007. Syracuse defeated San Diego State 80-64 in front of an NIT record 26,572 at the Carrier Dome. Demetris Nichols led all scorers with 20 points.
San Diego State finished tied atop the Mountain West Conference this season with New Mexico. The Aztecs were 26-8 overall and were eliminated by NC State in the NCAA Tournament in the round of 64.
- Syracuse lacrosse goalie Bobby Wardwell: Team motivated to win championship - March 26, 2015
- Syracuse bound Moustapha Diagne’s team loses in T of C — Cuse Clicks - March 24, 2015
- Report: Ron Patterson, BJ Johnson to transfer from Syracuse - March 19, 2015
- 2014-15 Syracuse basketball team report card - March 17, 2015
- Texas Tech jumps into Sedee Keita sweepstakes — Cuse Clicks - March 16, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse rallies for win over Johns Hopkins - March 15, 2015
- Scholarship situation still unclear with Syracuse’s recruitment of Thomas Bryant - March 13, 2015
- Moustapha Diagne puts aside Syracuse distractions as team wins North A Title — Cuse Clicks - March 12, 2015
- A quick look at the 2015-16 Syracuse basketball team - March 12, 2015
- Thomas Bryant takes in Indiana game over the weekend — Cuse Clicks - March 9, 2015