Syracuse, which has lost two of its last three games, will try for its first signature win of the season when it plays Duke in the Konica Minolta Big City Classic on Sunday.
IN SYRACUSE’S LAST GAME: The Orange lost to then-No. 14 Villanova at the Carrier Dome on Sunday, 11-10. It was SU’s first lost in Big East play, snapping a 14 game winning streak. It was the first time Syracuse has lost at home since dropping an 11-6 game to Cornell on April 12, 2011.
IN DUKE’S LAST GAME: Goalie Dan Wigrizer notched 10 saves to lead Duke past Brown 9-8 on Tuesday. Midfielder Jake Tripucka had a goal and two assists to help Duke to its fifth straight win.
SCOUTING THE BLUE DEVILS: Syracuse has one of the more unique situations in college lacrosse with goalies Matt Lerman and Dominic Lamolinara essentially splitting time between the pipes. Duke has a similar scheme, with Wigrizer, Kyle Turri and Mike Rock all having played significant minutes. Wigrizer has played the most, with 293 minutes, and also has the most wins with four. But Turri and Rock have also picked up two wins each. On offense, Jordan Wolf is the player to watch. The two-time ACC Offensive Player of the Week has 21 goals and 17 assists on the season.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: All time, the Orange is 6-1 against Duke. The two teams last met in the same Konica Minolta Big City Classic last year, with SU winning 13-11 on April 3, 2011.
GAME INFORMATION: Sun, Apr 1, E. Rutherford, N.J., 4 p.m. TV: ESPNU.
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017