A quick take on Syracuse’s 71-68 loss against Cincinnati:
WHAT HAPPENED: Down by as many as 17 points in the first half, and double digits out of intermission, the Orange managed to rally and closed to within 58-55 with 3:09 left. Cincinnati appeared to close out the game, taking a seven point lead with 36 seconds left, but the Orange closed to within two points with 17 seconds left after Dion Waiters hit a 3. JaQuon Parker missed one of two free throws giving SU a final chance, but Waiters was fouled for only two free throws, and the Bearcats hung on.
ANALYSIS: The Bearcats built a huge lead in the first half, hitting 8-of-10 shots from downtown and half of their shots fro the field. Cincinnati cooled off significantly in the second half, managing only two 3s in the second half, but the Orange could never take the lead after giving up 18 offensive rebounds and hitting just 50 percent of its free throws.
HERO: Kilpatrick led the way with 18 points, and was one of four Bearcat players in double digits. Dion Waiters had 27 for SU.
ZERO: Scoop Jardine had five turnovers and just six points before fouling out.
WHAT’S NEXT: The Orange will next play in the NCAA tournament, likely in Pittsburgh as a No. 1 seed.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 76, Boston College 53 - January 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 73, Virginia Tech 83 - January 10, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, Pittsburgh 66 - January 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 70, Miami 55 - January 4, 2017
- Kouwe: Syracuse basketball ‘will get better from here’ - January 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Boston College 96 - January 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Cornell 56 - December 27, 2016
- Cornell Big Red — 2016-17 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - December 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, St. John’s 93 - December 21, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Georgetown 78 - December 17, 2016