A quick take on Syracuse’s 71-68 loss against Cincinnati:
WHAT HAPPENED: Down by as many as 17 points in the first half, and double digits out of intermission, the Orange managed to rally and closed to within 58-55 with 3:09 left. Cincinnati appeared to close out the game, taking a seven point lead with 36 seconds left, but the Orange closed to within two points with 17 seconds left after Dion Waiters hit a 3. JaQuon Parker missed one of two free throws giving SU a final chance, but Waiters was fouled for only two free throws, and the Bearcats hung on.
ANALYSIS: The Bearcats built a huge lead in the first half, hitting 8-of-10 shots from downtown and half of their shots fro the field. Cincinnati cooled off significantly in the second half, managing only two 3s in the second half, but the Orange could never take the lead after giving up 18 offensive rebounds and hitting just 50 percent of its free throws.
HERO: Kilpatrick led the way with 18 points, and was one of four Bearcat players in double digits. Dion Waiters had 27 for SU.
ZERO: Scoop Jardine had five turnovers and just six points before fouling out.
WHAT’S NEXT: The Orange will next play in the NCAA tournament, likely in Pittsburgh as a No. 1 seed.
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 30, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse begins recruitment of Billy Preston - September 30, 2016
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016