A quick take on Syracuse’s 71-68 loss against Cincinnati:
WHAT HAPPENED: Down by as many as 17 points in the first half, and double digits out of intermission, the Orange managed to rally and closed to within 58-55 with 3:09 left. Cincinnati appeared to close out the game, taking a seven point lead with 36 seconds left, but the Orange closed to within two points with 17 seconds left after Dion Waiters hit a 3. JaQuon Parker missed one of two free throws giving SU a final chance, but Waiters was fouled for only two free throws, and the Bearcats hung on.
ANALYSIS: The Bearcats built a huge lead in the first half, hitting 8-of-10 shots from downtown and half of their shots fro the field. Cincinnati cooled off significantly in the second half, managing only two 3s in the second half, but the Orange could never take the lead after giving up 18 offensive rebounds and hitting just 50 percent of its free throws.
HERO: Kilpatrick led the way with 18 points, and was one of four Bearcat players in double digits. Dion Waiters had 27 for SU.
ZERO: Scoop Jardine had five turnovers and just six points before fouling out.
WHAT’S NEXT: The Orange will next play in the NCAA tournament, likely in Pittsburgh as a No. 1 seed.
- Duke, Kentucky check in on injured Tyus Battle — Cuse Clicks - December 22, 2014
- Ohio State still involved in VJ King recruitment — Cuse Clicks - December 19, 2014
- Maryland, Wake Forest latest to offer Jamal Murray — Cuse Clicks - December 18, 2014
- Syracuse commit Malachi Richardson may be ‘best shooter’ in NJ — Cuse Clicks - December 17, 2014
- Syracuse picks up verbal from Pennsylvania TE/DE Amir Ealey — Cuse Clicks - December 15, 2014
- Kentucky still alive in Thomas Bryant sweepstakes — Cuse Clicks - December 11, 2014
- Breaking down the start to Syracuse basketball’s season - December 11, 2014
- Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski meets with Tyus Battle — Cuse Clicks - December 10, 2014
- Jamal Murray stars at Hoopfest, may reclassify to 2015 — Cuse Clicks - December 8, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, St. John’s 69 - December 6, 2014