According to Syracuse Deputy Athletics Director Herman Frazier, the Orange is one game away from finishing its 2012 football schedule.
Speaking to The Juice Online after SU’s basketball win over Rutgers Sunday afternoon in Piscataway, N.J., Frazier said “all options are on the table” when it comes to that 12th game, including the possibility that the Orange will face a fourth non-conference game against a team from a BCS conference, joining Northwestern and Minnesota from the Big Ten and the Pac 12’s Southern California.
Frazier wouldn’t discuss the finalization of securing what would have been the last team needed to fill out the schedule prior to West Virginia’s departure to the Big 12 earlier this month, or discuss any specific schools for the remaining spots, saying only that “the conferences (ACC and Big East offices) are fully involved at this point.” But Frazier’s reference to needing only one school to fill out the schedule made clear a deal has been reached for 11 of the 12 games.
Future ACC colleague Florida State is one of the 14 FBS schools that has an opening on its 2012 schedule, losing a game with West Virginia when the Mountaineers moved westward into a previously finalized Big 12 schedule. Fellow future ACC colleague Pittsburgh could also be in the mix to face the Seminoles, they were left in the same position as the ‘Cuse, needing an extra game with the recent shifting of conference affiliations altering the face of the Big East.
- Orange Watch: Talk of Syracuse basketball missing NCAA Tournament premature - November 25, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 65, Hampton 47 - November 16, 2014
- Orange Watch: Syracuse football will only become relevant again by winning. Period. - November 4, 2014
- Orange Watch: November a big month for Syracuse basketball, football - October 31, 2014
- Orange Watch: Can Syracuse basketball duplicate last year’s victory total despite distractions? - October 21, 2014
- Orange Watch: For Syracuse football, is a minimum 4-2 finish realistic this season? - October 14, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, Florida State 38 - October 11, 2014
- Orange Watch: New Syracuse quarterback, new offensive play caller, HUGE challenge - October 7, 2014
- Orange Watch: Better execution, continued talent upgrade needed for Syracuse football - September 30, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 15, Notre Dame 31 - September 27, 2014