According to Syracuse Deputy Athletics Director Herman Frazier, the Orange is one game away from finishing its 2012 football schedule.
Speaking to The Juice Online after SU’s basketball win over Rutgers Sunday afternoon in Piscataway, N.J., Frazier said “all options are on the table” when it comes to that 12th game, including the possibility that the Orange will face a fourth non-conference game against a team from a BCS conference, joining Northwestern and Minnesota from the Big Ten and the Pac 12’s Southern California.
Frazier wouldn’t discuss the finalization of securing what would have been the last team needed to fill out the schedule prior to West Virginia’s departure to the Big 12 earlier this month, or discuss any specific schools for the remaining spots, saying only that “the conferences (ACC and Big East offices) are fully involved at this point.” But Frazier’s reference to needing only one school to fill out the schedule made clear a deal has been reached for 11 of the 12 games.
Future ACC colleague Florida State is one of the 14 FBS schools that has an opening on its 2012 schedule, losing a game with West Virginia when the Mountaineers moved westward into a previously finalized Big 12 schedule. Fellow future ACC colleague Pittsburgh could also be in the mix to face the Seminoles, they were left in the same position as the ‘Cuse, needing an extra game with the recent shifting of conference affiliations altering the face of the Big East.
- Orange Watch: Syracuse basketball facing a potential historic losing streak - February 21, 2017
- Orange Watch: Minimum of five games left to decide Syracuse basketball’s postseason - February 16, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 75, Pittsburgh 80 - February 11, 2017
- Orange Watch: Syracuse lacrosse looks to end eight year NCAA title drought - February 7, 2017
- Orange Watch: The Syracuse football connection to the Super Bowl - February 1, 2017
- Orange Watch: Home and away balance, and taxing describes 2017 Syracuse football schedule - January 25, 2017
- Orange Watch: Could it be a winless regular season on the road for Syracuse basketball? - January 24, 2017
- Orange Watch: Road win against North Carolina proving to be challenge for Syracuse - January 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 68, North Carolina 85 - January 16, 2017
- Orange Watch: Jim Boeheim took 11 years to win consecutive NCAA games at Syracuse - January 10, 2017