According to Syracuse Deputy Athletics Director Herman Frazier, the Orange is one game away from finishing its 2012 football schedule.
Speaking to The Juice Online after SU’s basketball win over Rutgers Sunday afternoon in Piscataway, N.J., Frazier said “all options are on the table” when it comes to that 12th game, including the possibility that the Orange will face a fourth non-conference game against a team from a BCS conference, joining Northwestern and Minnesota from the Big Ten and the Pac 12’s Southern California.
Frazier wouldn’t discuss the finalization of securing what would have been the last team needed to fill out the schedule prior to West Virginia’s departure to the Big 12 earlier this month, or discuss any specific schools for the remaining spots, saying only that “the conferences (ACC and Big East offices) are fully involved at this point.” But Frazier’s reference to needing only one school to fill out the schedule made clear a deal has been reached for 11 of the 12 games.
Future ACC colleague Florida State is one of the 14 FBS schools that has an opening on its 2012 schedule, losing a game with West Virginia when the Mountaineers moved westward into a previously finalized Big 12 schedule. Fellow future ACC colleague Pittsburgh could also be in the mix to face the Seminoles, they were left in the same position as the ‘Cuse, needing an extra game with the recent shifting of conference affiliations altering the face of the Big East.
- Orange Watch: After winning ACC title, Syracuse lacrosse eyes No. 1 NCAA Tournament seed - April 27, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 15, Duke 14 - April 26, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 9, North Carolina 8 - April 24, 2015
- Orange Watch: Why not move the ACC Basketball Tournament up a week permanently? - April 20, 2015
- Orange Watch: Syracuse lacrosse can still go deep in NCAA Tournament - April 13, 2015
- Orange Watch: Hard to get a solid early grasp of 2015 Syracuse football - April 7, 2015
- Orange Watch Exclusive: Syracuse basketball coach Jim Boeheim to retire in September 2016 - April 1, 2015
- Orange Watch: Syracuse’s Carrier Dome is not a dump, it is a building that’s simply outdated - March 30, 2015
- Orange Watch: After NCAA black eye, Syracuse to shine hosting NCAA regional - March 24, 2015
- Monumental Day for Syracuse basketball – Jim Boeheim to retire in three years - March 18, 2015