According to Syracuse Deputy Athletics Director Herman Frazier, the Orange is one game away from finishing its 2012 football schedule.
Speaking to The Juice Online after SU’s basketball win over Rutgers Sunday afternoon in Piscataway, N.J., Frazier said “all options are on the table” when it comes to that 12th game, including the possibility that the Orange will face a fourth non-conference game against a team from a BCS conference, joining Northwestern and Minnesota from the Big Ten and the Pac 12’s Southern California.
Frazier wouldn’t discuss the finalization of securing what would have been the last team needed to fill out the schedule prior to West Virginia’s departure to the Big 12 earlier this month, or discuss any specific schools for the remaining spots, saying only that “the conferences (ACC and Big East offices) are fully involved at this point.” But Frazier’s reference to needing only one school to fill out the schedule made clear a deal has been reached for 11 of the 12 games.
Future ACC colleague Florida State is one of the 14 FBS schools that has an opening on its 2012 schedule, losing a game with West Virginia when the Mountaineers moved westward into a previously finalized Big 12 schedule. Fellow future ACC colleague Pittsburgh could also be in the mix to face the Seminoles, they were left in the same position as the ‘Cuse, needing an extra game with the recent shifting of conference affiliations altering the face of the Big East.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 79, UConn 76 - November 26, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 83, Charlotte 70 - November 25, 2015
- Orange Watch: What direction will Syracuse AD Mark Coyle take with new coach? - November 24, 2015
- Orange Watch: Yearning for Syracuse guard Sherman Douglas and the ‘alley oop’ pass - November 17, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 37 - November 14, 2015
- Orange Watch: Despite distractions surrounding future, Syracuse coach Scott Shafer plows ahead - November 11, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 17, Louisville 41 - November 7, 2015
- Orange Watch: Syracuse basketball is back featuring unique, dual-coach season - November 4, 2015
- Previewing Syracuse v. Florida State with WFLA-FM’s Preston Scott - October 30, 2015
- Orange Watch: Realistically, when will Syracuse football next beat Florida State? - October 27, 2015