Syracuse opened its regular season by defeating Albany 12-7, in front of a crowd of more than 5,800 at the Carrier Dome.
WHAT HAPPENED: The Orange trailed 2-0 early on, but held Albany scoreless for more than 40 minutes, and scored 10 goals during that time. Albany would pull to within 11-6 with under five minutes left, but the Orange would never be seriously threatened.
WHAT IT MEANS: There are a lot of new faces on this Syracuse team, including behind the net. Goalie Matt Lerman in the first start of his college career was solid, finishing with six saves including some nifty saves in the first quarter. In the second half, Dominic Lamolinara took over and recorded 10 saves of his own.
STAR GAZING: JoJo Marasco scored three goals and added an assist while Tommy Palasek chipped in three helpers to lead Syracuse. Joe Resetarits had three goals for Albany.
WHAT’S NEXT: Syracuse will try to go for two in a row on Sun., Feb. 26 at 2 p.m. against Army in the Carrier Dome. TV: TWCS/SNY.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Central Connecticut State 7 - September 1, 2017