Syracuse may have an inside track on highly touted recruit Nerlens Noel because of his relationship with current guard Michael Carter-Williams.
Noel, a 6-foot-10, 215 pound center from Everett, Mass. is a blue chip recruit who recently reclassified himself to the class of 2012 after he announced he would be graduating this spring.
He currently has a five star rating from Scout.com and is listed as the No. 1 center recruit. Aside from Syracuse, Noel is considering Kentucky, Florida, Georgetown and North Carolina.
He also has a long standing relationship with Carter-Williams.
“He’s one of my best friends,” Carter-Williams said. “We’ve been playing AAU ball together since my sophomore year of high school. I just knew him from around. Then, after, we played on the same AAU team. We just hung out with each other all summer and he comes to my house all of the time.”
Carter-Williams has spoken to Noel many times about his recruiting process, including playing at SU.
“He knows I want him to come here, definitely,” Carter-Williams said. “But I’m not treating him any differently, to try to convince him to come here. At the end of the day, he’s going to go where he wants.”
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017