Syracuse may have an inside track on highly touted recruit Nerlens Noel because of his relationship with current guard Michael Carter-Williams.
Noel, a 6-foot-10, 215 pound center from Everett, Mass. is a blue chip recruit who recently reclassified himself to the class of 2012 after he announced he would be graduating this spring.
He currently has a five star rating from Scout.com and is listed as the No. 1 center recruit. Aside from Syracuse, Noel is considering Kentucky, Florida, Georgetown and North Carolina.
He also has a long standing relationship with Carter-Williams.
“He’s one of my best friends,” Carter-Williams said. “We’ve been playing AAU ball together since my sophomore year of high school. I just knew him from around. Then, after, we played on the same AAU team. We just hung out with each other all summer and he comes to my house all of the time.”
Carter-Williams has spoken to Noel many times about his recruiting process, including playing at SU.
“He knows I want him to come here, definitely,” Carter-Williams said. “But I’m not treating him any differently, to try to convince him to come here. At the end of the day, he’s going to go where he wants.”
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse among four schools working hardest for Naz Reid - May 31, 2016
- McAnaney: Days of Syracuse lacrosse as lock for Final Four are over - May 26, 2016
- 2016 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse G Malachi Richardson - May 25, 2016
- Former punter Brendan Carney talks Syracuse football, Riley Dixon, marathoning - May 18, 2016
- Second half rally by Syracuse lacrosse enough to silence Albany - May 16, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse, seeded No. 8 in the NCAA Tournament, will host Albany - May 9, 2016
- Colgate Raiders — 2016 Syracuse lacrosse scouting report - May 5, 2016
- What will Syracuse’s starting lineup look like in the 2016-17 season? - May 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse in final three for Taurean Thompson - May 5, 2016
- Belbey looking to add one more player to Syracuse alumni team ‘Boeheim’s Army’ - May 4, 2016