Syracuse may have an inside track on highly touted recruit Nerlens Noel because of his relationship with current guard Michael Carter-Williams.
Noel, a 6-foot-10, 215 pound center from Everett, Mass. is a blue chip recruit who recently reclassified himself to the class of 2012 after he announced he would be graduating this spring.
He currently has a five star rating from Scout.com and is listed as the No. 1 center recruit. Aside from Syracuse, Noel is considering Kentucky, Florida, Georgetown and North Carolina.
He also has a long standing relationship with Carter-Williams.
“He’s one of my best friends,” Carter-Williams said. “We’ve been playing AAU ball together since my sophomore year of high school. I just knew him from around. Then, after, we played on the same AAU team. We just hung out with each other all summer and he comes to my house all of the time.”
Carter-Williams has spoken to Noel many times about his recruiting process, including playing at SU.
“He knows I want him to come here, definitely,” Carter-Williams said. “But I’m not treating him any differently, to try to convince him to come here. At the end of the day, he’s going to go where he wants.”
- Bailey: Syracuse fans ‘should be happy’ with incoming 2016 football class - February 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Joel Honigford, Jairus Grissom, Izayah Green-May, JaVont’e Richardson - February 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Scout ranks Syracuse 43rd in average class stars - February 4, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse adds impressive class on 2016 National Signing Day - February 3, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: DeVaughn Cooper to choose between Syracuse, Arizona, Arizona State - February 3, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse loses out on Stewart Reese, Josh White - February 2, 2016
- Frank Howard dazzles as Syracuse rallies to defeat Georgia Tech - February 1, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Adrian Killins visits Syracuse, sets decision date - February 1, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, Georgia Tech 57 - January 30, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse, FSU, Mississippi State in running for elite OL Stewart Reese - January 29, 2016