Syracuse may have an inside track on highly touted recruit Nerlens Noel because of his relationship with current guard Michael Carter-Williams.
Noel, a 6-foot-10, 215 pound center from Everett, Mass. is a blue chip recruit who recently reclassified himself to the class of 2012 after he announced he would be graduating this spring.
He currently has a five star rating from Scout.com and is listed as the No. 1 center recruit. Aside from Syracuse, Noel is considering Kentucky, Florida, Georgetown and North Carolina.
He also has a long standing relationship with Carter-Williams.
“He’s one of my best friends,” Carter-Williams said. “We’ve been playing AAU ball together since my sophomore year of high school. I just knew him from around. Then, after, we played on the same AAU team. We just hung out with each other all summer and he comes to my house all of the time.”
Carter-Williams has spoken to Noel many times about his recruiting process, including playing at SU.
“He knows I want him to come here, definitely,” Carter-Williams said. “But I’m not treating him any differently, to try to convince him to come here. At the end of the day, he’s going to go where he wants.”
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017