Syracuse may have an inside track on highly touted recruit Nerlens Noel because of his relationship with current guard Michael Carter-Williams.
Noel, a 6-foot-10, 215 pound center from Everett, Mass. is a blue chip recruit who recently reclassified himself to the class of 2012 after he announced he would be graduating this spring.
He currently has a five star rating from Scout.com and is listed as the No. 1 center recruit. Aside from Syracuse, Noel is considering Kentucky, Florida, Georgetown and North Carolina.
He also has a long standing relationship with Carter-Williams.
“He’s one of my best friends,” Carter-Williams said. “We’ve been playing AAU ball together since my sophomore year of high school. I just knew him from around. Then, after, we played on the same AAU team. We just hung out with each other all summer and he comes to my house all of the time.”
Carter-Williams has spoken to Noel many times about his recruiting process, including playing at SU.
“He knows I want him to come here, definitely,” Carter-Williams said. “But I’m not treating him any differently, to try to convince him to come here. At the end of the day, he’s going to go where he wants.”
- Jason Emerich — Meet the 2016 Syracuse Football team - July 28, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Several 2017 Syracuse basketball targets to play in Entertainer’s Basketball Classic - July 28, 2016
- Clemson Tigers — 2016 Syracuse Football preview - July 27, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2018 defensive back Jarrett Paul to visit Syracuse on Thursday - July 26, 2016
- How will Syracuse F Michael Gbinije do with the Detroit Pistons? - July 25, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from 2017 LB Nadarius Fagan - July 25, 2016
- Boston College Eagles — 2016 Syracuse Football preview - July 22, 2016
- Instant Juice: Boeheim’s Army 84, The Untouchables 91 - July 21, 2016
- Steven Clark — Meet the 2016 Syracuse Football team - July 21, 2016
- How will Syracuse G Malachi Richardson do with the Sacramento Kings? - July 20, 2016