Multiple sources have told The Juice Online that Fab Melo will be back in the lineup when the Orange play St. John’s Saturday in a noon tip-off at Madison Square Garden. The sources spoke on the condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.
Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim thought that Melo might be cleared to play last Saturday against West Virginia, but those sources said the university held up some paperwork at the last minute to be completely sure that all requirements were in place to secure his return to game action.
A break in the schedule had the Orange only playing three games in a nearly two-week stretch, the three games Melo missed while sorting through academic responsibilities. The Orange went 2-1 in Melo’s absence, including their first loss of the season, 67-58 at Notre Dame Jan. 21.
“Can somebody tell @scoopjardine that #lobcity is back,” Melo later wrote on his Twitter account.
Melo is currently avergaging 7.3 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.9 blocks in 17 games.
- Tim Welsh: Syracuse head basketball coach Jim Boeheim a ‘fighter’ - March 23, 2015
- Duke’s Jahlil Okafor, Syracuse’s Rakeem Christmas headline TJO’s All-ACC Awards - March 9, 2015
- Syracuse v. NC State: Predictions and analysis - March 6, 2015
- Syracuse v. Virginia: Predictions and analysis - March 2, 2015
- Trevor Cooney not worried after horrid night shooting - February 19, 2015
- Syracuse v. Louisville: Predictions and analysis - February 18, 2015
- Happy Valentine’s Day from 2014-15 Syracuse basketball - February 14, 2015
- Syracuse v. Boston College: Predictions and analysis - February 11, 2015
- Syracuse legend Pearl Washington on post-season ban: ‘It’s sad’ - February 9, 2015
- Syracuse v. Virginia Tech: Predictions and analysis - February 3, 2015