Multiple sources have told The Juice Online that Fab Melo will be back in the lineup when the Orange play St. John’s Saturday in a noon tip-off at Madison Square Garden. The sources spoke on the condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.
Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim thought that Melo might be cleared to play last Saturday against West Virginia, but those sources said the university held up some paperwork at the last minute to be completely sure that all requirements were in place to secure his return to game action.
A break in the schedule had the Orange only playing three games in a nearly two-week stretch, the three games Melo missed while sorting through academic responsibilities. The Orange went 2-1 in Melo’s absence, including their first loss of the season, 67-58 at Notre Dame Jan. 21.
“Can somebody tell @scoopjardine that #lobcity is back,” Melo later wrote on his Twitter account.
Melo is currently avergaging 7.3 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.9 blocks in 17 games.
- Mixed Juice: Reaction to Syracuse firing football coach Scott Shafer - November 23, 2015
- Syracuse Odds Update on the 2015-16 NCAA Basketball Season - November 20, 2015
- Orange in the NBA - October 29, 2015
- Syracuse football: Defense & Special Teams report card through four games - October 7, 2015
- Syracuse football: Offense report card through four games - October 5, 2015
- Mixed Juice: What is the impact of Syracuse losing Moustapha Diagne? - August 24, 2015
- What is the significance of Syracuse football restoring 44? - May 22, 2015
- Early 2015-16 Odds Update on the Orange - May 22, 2015
- 2015 NCAA Tournament predictions: Syracuse lacrosse will win it all - May 7, 2015
- Michael Carter-Williams gets hit twice as Bucks eliminated - May 1, 2015