Multiple sources have told The Juice Online that Fab Melo will be back in the lineup when the Orange play St. John’s Saturday in a noon tip-off at Madison Square Garden. The sources spoke on the condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.
Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim thought that Melo might be cleared to play last Saturday against West Virginia, but those sources said the university held up some paperwork at the last minute to be completely sure that all requirements were in place to secure his return to game action.
A break in the schedule had the Orange only playing three games in a nearly two-week stretch, the three games Melo missed while sorting through academic responsibilities. The Orange went 2-1 in Melo’s absence, including their first loss of the season, 67-58 at Notre Dame Jan. 21.
“Can somebody tell @scoopjardine that #lobcity is back,” Melo later wrote on his Twitter account.
Melo is currently avergaging 7.3 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.9 blocks in 17 games.
- Keys for Syracuse against Cal in NCAA basketball - November 19, 2014
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim reflects on walk-on days, Big East, referees - November 6, 2014
- Syracuse basketball makes latest cut in Tyus Battle sweepstakes - November 4, 2014
- ACC Week 9 Football Preview - October 30, 2014
- ACC Digital Network: Live NBA Draft Party - June 26, 2014
- What are the expectations for the Syracuse football team this season? - June 13, 2014
- Offseason questions give Orange long odds for 2014-2015 basketball championship - May 12, 2014
- Will Trevor Cooney really continue improving in his final two years at Syracuse? - April 22, 2014
- Syracuse scores with IMG sponsorship deals - March 27, 2014
- Favorite teams to win the 2014 NCAA Tournament from the South Region - March 25, 2014