Multiple sources have told The Juice Online that Fab Melo will be back in the lineup when the Orange play St. John’s Saturday in a noon tip-off at Madison Square Garden. The sources spoke on the condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.
Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim thought that Melo might be cleared to play last Saturday against West Virginia, but those sources said the university held up some paperwork at the last minute to be completely sure that all requirements were in place to secure his return to game action.
A break in the schedule had the Orange only playing three games in a nearly two-week stretch, the three games Melo missed while sorting through academic responsibilities. The Orange went 2-1 in Melo’s absence, including their first loss of the season, 67-58 at Notre Dame Jan. 21.
“Can somebody tell @scoopjardine that #lobcity is back,” Melo later wrote on his Twitter account.
Melo is currently avergaging 7.3 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.9 blocks in 17 games.
- Syracuse v. Clemson Football Predictions - October 13, 2017
- Syracuse v. Pittsburgh Football Predictions - October 6, 2017
- Do moral victories mean anything for Syracuse football? - September 26, 2017
- Syracuse v. LSU Football Predictions - September 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Central Michigan Football Predictions - September 15, 2017
- Syracuse v. Middle Tennessee State Predictions - September 8, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Lacrosse Championship: Syracuse predictions - May 9, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse: 2017 ACC championship predictions - April 27, 2017
- Mixed Juice: Reactions to Syracuse missing 2017 NCAA Tournament - March 13, 2017
- Has Syracuse basketball done enough to make the NCAA Tournament? - March 10, 2017