Zach Tomaselli—the third man to accuser former Syracuse assistant basketball coach Bernie Fine of molesting him—told the Syracuse Post-Standard on Friday that he wants the police to end their investigation.
“I’m just guna ask the police to drop the investigation on Fine,” Tomaselli said in a text message sent to the newspaper. “I’m sick of this. I have a couple weeks left to live. I want to be left alone.”
Tomaselli had previously given the newspaper emails that corroborated his story, but he said on Friday to the Post-Standard that he had altered the emails. Still, Tomaselli maintained that the account he gave police of being molested at 13 was the truth.
Tomaselli pled guilty to sexually abusing a teenage boy in Maine in December. He is expected to be sentenced in February.
The news comes one week after the fourth accuser, Floyd VanHooser, completely retracted his story.
The allegations of Tomaselli and former SU ballboys Michael Lang and Bobby Davis led to Fine’s dismissal as the Syracuse associate head basketball coach on Nov. 27. Fine was in his 36th season with SU.
No criminal charges have been filed against him. Previously, a statement issued by Fine called the allegations of the first two accusers “patently false.”
- Syracuse v. Notre Dame, 1/21/17: Predictions and analysis - January 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Boston College, 1/14/17: Predictions and analysis - January 13, 2017
- Mixed Juice: 2016 Syracuse football predictions - August 19, 2016
- Mixed Juice: Who will start for 2016-17 Syracuse basketball? - July 29, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: Parity is the new normal - May 23, 2016
- Thoughts on athletic director Mark Coyle’s departure from Syracuse - May 12, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: ACC Tournament predictions - April 28, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Zagoria breaks down Syracuse basketball’s loss against North Carolina - April 3, 2016
- Part II — Syracuse basketball Final Four Predictions - March 31, 2016
- Syracuse basketball: Final Four Predictions Part I - March 30, 2016