Syracuse defensive end Chandler Jones declared for the 2012 NFL draft, he announced in his Twitter account on Friday afternoon at 3:30 p.m. The redshirt junior had one year of eligibility remaining.
“I have decided to forego my final football season at Syracuse University and enter the 2012 NFL draft,” Jones said via Twitter. He also added that he would be graduating from Syracuse in May.
Jones was named to the All Big East First Team this season after amassing 38 tackles (30 solo) and 4.5 sacks. Jones missed five games due to a lower body injury, but returned against West Virginia and led the Orange to a 49-23 win over West Virginia with six solo tackles and two sacks for a loss of 19 yards.
He is ninth on both the SU record for career tackles by a down lineman (147) and career tackles for a loss (27.0).
Jones is the brother of Baltimore Ravens defensive tackle Arthur Jones and UFC fighter Jon “Bones” Jones.
“I just want to thank all the Cuse fans, alum, teammates, & coaches for supporting me those 3yrs,” Jones Tweeted after the announcement.
- Syracuse v. Miami Football Predictions - October 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Clemson Football Predictions - October 13, 2017
- Syracuse v. Pittsburgh Football Predictions - October 6, 2017
- Do moral victories mean anything for Syracuse football? - September 26, 2017
- Syracuse v. LSU Football Predictions - September 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Central Michigan Football Predictions - September 15, 2017
- Syracuse v. Middle Tennessee State Predictions - September 8, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Lacrosse Championship: Syracuse predictions - May 9, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse: 2017 ACC championship predictions - April 27, 2017
- Mixed Juice: Reactions to Syracuse missing 2017 NCAA Tournament - March 13, 2017