No. 1 Syracuse, coming off a win over Patriot League opponent Bucknell, will wrap up its non-conference schedule against Tulane, one of Conference USA’s surprising teams.
HOT START: Tulane has been one of the surprise teams of the early season, racing out to an 11-1 start. Then again, take that start with a grain of salt because last year, the Green Wave started 12-3 before completely falling apart. Tulane lost 14 of its last 15 games to finish 13-17 overall, and dead last in C-USA. Tulane’s schedule this year has been one of the easiest in the country, although it did knock off ACC foe Georgia Tech on Dec. 3, 57-52.
SCOUTING THE GREEN WAVE: Keep an eye out for Kendall Timmons and Josh Davis. Timmons leads the Green Wave in scoring at 13.3 points per game. Davis has been a double-double machine, and is averaging 12.1 points and 10.2 rebounds a game.
IN TULANE’S LAST GAME: Jordan Callahan scored 15 points to lead the Green Wave to a 59-51 win over Jacksonville State. Davis added 11 rebounds in the win.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: Tulane and Syracuse have only met one other time, when the Orange defeated the Green Wave, 73-60, on Dec. 1, 2007. Jonny Flynn had 17 points and four assists while Arinze Onuaku had 14 points, 16 rebounds, four steals and three blocks.
GAME INFORMATION: Thu, Dec 22. 7 p.m. Time Warner Cable Sports/SNY. Syracuse, NY.
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Brandon Randolph includes Syracuse in final four - September 13, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 28, Louisville 62 - September 9, 2016