Former Syracuse standout Andy Rautins will play for Club Baloncesto Lucentum Alicante in Spain, according to HoopsHype.com.
Lucentum Alicante is member of the Asociación de Clubs de Baloncesto(ACB), and features Americans Jeremy Hazell, Kyle Singler, Benjamin Dewar and Lamont Barnes. Lucentum Alicante has played in Tier 1 of the ACB since the 2009-10 season. The team has finished 15th and 16th out of 18 teams in the league the past two years.
Rautins was waived last week by the Dallas Mavericks after he was shipped from the New York Knicks to the Mavericks in a three-team trade.
Rautins, who was taken with the eighth pick of the second round of the NBA draft by the Knicks in 2010, played in five games for New York. He averaged 1.6 points in those games.
In his senior season at Syracuse, Rautins was given All-Big East second team honors and fifth team All-American honors from The Sporting News. He averaged 12.1 points while shooting 40.7 percent from downtown in his final season at Syracuse, where the Orange was No. 1 in the rankings at one point.
- Duke, Kentucky check in on injured Tyus Battle — Cuse Clicks - December 22, 2014
- Ohio State still involved in VJ King recruitment — Cuse Clicks - December 19, 2014
- Maryland, Wake Forest latest to offer Jamal Murray — Cuse Clicks - December 18, 2014
- Syracuse commit Malachi Richardson may be ‘best shooter’ in NJ — Cuse Clicks - December 17, 2014
- Syracuse picks up verbal from Pennsylvania TE/DE Amir Ealey — Cuse Clicks - December 15, 2014
- Kentucky still alive in Thomas Bryant sweepstakes — Cuse Clicks - December 11, 2014
- Breaking down the start to Syracuse basketball’s season - December 11, 2014
- Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski meets with Tyus Battle — Cuse Clicks - December 10, 2014
- Jamal Murray stars at Hoopfest, may reclassify to 2015 — Cuse Clicks - December 8, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, St. John’s 69 - December 6, 2014