Former Syracuse standout Andy Rautins will play for Club Baloncesto Lucentum Alicante in Spain, according to HoopsHype.com.
Lucentum Alicante is member of the Asociación de Clubs de Baloncesto(ACB), and features Americans Jeremy Hazell, Kyle Singler, Benjamin Dewar and Lamont Barnes. Lucentum Alicante has played in Tier 1 of the ACB since the 2009-10 season. The team has finished 15th and 16th out of 18 teams in the league the past two years.
Rautins was waived last week by the Dallas Mavericks after he was shipped from the New York Knicks to the Mavericks in a three-team trade.
Rautins, who was taken with the eighth pick of the second round of the NBA draft by the Knicks in 2010, played in five games for New York. He averaged 1.6 points in those games.
In his senior season at Syracuse, Rautins was given All-Big East second team honors and fifth team All-American honors from The Sporting News. He averaged 12.1 points while shooting 40.7 percent from downtown in his final season at Syracuse, where the Orange was No. 1 in the rankings at one point.
- McAllister: Syracuse currently ‘favorite’ to land Quade Green, Oahae Brissett - October 26, 2016
- What kind of senior season will Tyler Roberson have at Syracuse? - October 25, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 28, Boston College 20 - October 22, 2016
- Boston College Eagles— 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - October 21, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 31, Virginia Tech 17 - October 15, 2016
- Virginia Tech Hokies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - October 14, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 9, Wake Forest 28 - October 8, 2016
- Waters: Syracuse basketball in ‘good shape’ for 2017 targets - October 6, 2016
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - October 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse extends offer to 2017 five-star Billy Preston - October 4, 2016