Former Syracuse standout Andy Rautins will play for Club Baloncesto Lucentum Alicante in Spain, according to HoopsHype.com.
Lucentum Alicante is member of the Asociación de Clubs de Baloncesto(ACB), and features Americans Jeremy Hazell, Kyle Singler, Benjamin Dewar and Lamont Barnes. Lucentum Alicante has played in Tier 1 of the ACB since the 2009-10 season. The team has finished 15th and 16th out of 18 teams in the league the past two years.
Rautins was waived last week by the Dallas Mavericks after he was shipped from the New York Knicks to the Mavericks in a three-team trade.
Rautins, who was taken with the eighth pick of the second round of the NBA draft by the Knicks in 2010, played in five games for New York. He averaged 1.6 points in those games.
In his senior season at Syracuse, Rautins was given All-Big East second team honors and fifth team All-American honors from The Sporting News. He averaged 12.1 points while shooting 40.7 percent from downtown in his final season at Syracuse, where the Orange was No. 1 in the rankings at one point.
- Recruiting Roundup: Decision day for Hugh Davis, Syracuse re-offers Jo-El Shaw - May 26, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: 2018 running back Jawhar Jordan commits to Syracuse - May 25, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Marek Dolezaj to Syracuse, Meechi Harris narrows list to nine - May 24, 2017
- 2017 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon - May 23, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017