Former Syracuse standout Andy Rautins will play for Club Baloncesto Lucentum Alicante in Spain, according to HoopsHype.com.
Lucentum Alicante is member of the Asociación de Clubs de Baloncesto(ACB), and features Americans Jeremy Hazell, Kyle Singler, Benjamin Dewar and Lamont Barnes. Lucentum Alicante has played in Tier 1 of the ACB since the 2009-10 season. The team has finished 15th and 16th out of 18 teams in the league the past two years.
Rautins was waived last week by the Dallas Mavericks after he was shipped from the New York Knicks to the Mavericks in a three-team trade.
Rautins, who was taken with the eighth pick of the second round of the NBA draft by the Knicks in 2010, played in five games for New York. He averaged 1.6 points in those games.
In his senior season at Syracuse, Rautins was given All-Big East second team honors and fifth team All-American honors from The Sporting News. He averaged 12.1 points while shooting 40.7 percent from downtown in his final season at Syracuse, where the Orange was No. 1 in the rankings at one point.
- NBA scout says former Syracuse star Rakeem Christmas’ draft stock is improving - May 28, 2015
- Syracuse among nine offers for Georgia RB Darius Stubbs — Cuse Clicks - May 26, 2015
- Dontae Strickland says he’s qualified to attend Syracuse — Cuse Clicks - May 22, 2015
- Kentucky, Oregon working hardest on Jamal Murray — Cuse Clicks - May 20, 2015
- Kurt Gavin plans to visit Syracuse after receiving offer — Cuse Clicks - May 18, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse season ends against Johns Hopkins - May 18, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse meets familiar foe Johns Hopkins in NCAA Tournament - May 15, 2015
- Dwayne Haskins, Jr. will announce college decision Friday — Cuse Clicks - May 14, 2015
- 2016 5-star guard Tyus Battle spurns Syracuse, selects Michigan — Cuse Clicks - May 12, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse dominates in NCAA Tournament win over Marist - May 11, 2015