Former Syracuse standout Andy Rautins will play for Club Baloncesto Lucentum Alicante in Spain, according to HoopsHype.com.
Lucentum Alicante is member of the Asociación de Clubs de Baloncesto(ACB), and features Americans Jeremy Hazell, Kyle Singler, Benjamin Dewar and Lamont Barnes. Lucentum Alicante has played in Tier 1 of the ACB since the 2009-10 season. The team has finished 15th and 16th out of 18 teams in the league the past two years.
Rautins was waived last week by the Dallas Mavericks after he was shipped from the New York Knicks to the Mavericks in a three-team trade.
Rautins, who was taken with the eighth pick of the second round of the NBA draft by the Knicks in 2010, played in five games for New York. He averaged 1.6 points in those games.
In his senior season at Syracuse, Rautins was given All-Big East second team honors and fifth team All-American honors from The Sporting News. He averaged 12.1 points while shooting 40.7 percent from downtown in his final season at Syracuse, where the Orange was No. 1 in the rankings at one point.
- ESPN’s McMenamin breaks down former Syracuse basketball stars’ NBA chances - July 2, 2015
- Coach says 2017 Syracuse commit Daewood Davis will ‘stretch the field’ — Cuse Clicks - July 1, 2015
- South Florida Bulls — 2015 Syracuse Football preview - July 1, 2015
- Syracuse picks up first 2017 commit with Daewood Davis — Cuse Clicks - June 30, 2015
- Tyus Battle likes Syracuse ‘a lot’ after his official visit — Cuse Clicks - June 29, 2015
- Syracuse target Christian Colon commits to Penn State — Cuse Clicks - June 26, 2015
- Rakeem Christmas credits Syracuse, Jim Boeheim after being drafted - June 26, 2015
- Chris McCullough predicts November return to Brooklyn Nets - June 26, 2015
- Former Syracuse center Rakeem Christmas lands with Cleveland Cavaliers - June 25, 2015
- Former Syracuse forward Chris McCullough drafted by Brooklyn Nets - June 25, 2015