Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim declined comment on a defamation
lawsuit filed against him and Syracuse University on Tuesday night following SU’s 80-61 win over Bucknell.
“No comment,” Boeheim said. “We’re going to talk about basketball from now until the year is over.”
Both Boeheim and Syracuse University were named in a civil lawsuit on Dec. 13 stemming from Boeheim’s reaction to allegations that former assistant coach Bernie Fine sexually abused Bobby Davis and Mike Lang in the 1980s and 90s.
The report, which aired Nov. 17, drew an immediate response from Boeheim.
“You don’t think it is a little funny that his cousin (relative) is coming forward?” Boeheim said.
Boeheim came under fire for his remarks, and he later said that he “misspoke” in his defense of Fine.
The apology wasn’t good enough for Lang and Davis, and they filed a lawsuit through their attorney, Gloria Allred.
Allred said that Davis and Lang would be seeking compensatory and punitive damages, although she didn’t specify a dollar amount.
- Mixed Juice: 2016 Syracuse football predictions - August 19, 2016
- Mixed Juice: Who will start for 2016-17 Syracuse basketball? - July 29, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: Parity is the new normal - May 23, 2016
- Thoughts on athletic director Mark Coyle’s departure from Syracuse - May 12, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: ACC Tournament predictions - April 28, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Zagoria breaks down Syracuse basketball’s loss against North Carolina - April 3, 2016
- Part II — Syracuse basketball Final Four Predictions - March 31, 2016
- Syracuse basketball: Final Four Predictions Part I - March 30, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim discusses win over Virginia - March 28, 2016
- A look at the Sweet 16 - March 23, 2016