Syracuse fired defensive assistant football coaches Dan Conley and Jimmy Brumbaugh, someone with knowledge of the move said Wednesday. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the source was not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.
Brumbaugh came to Syracuse in 2010 to be the defensive line coach. In the 2011 season, he was in charge of defensive tackles. He had previously coached at Louisiana Tech. Brumbaugh graduated from Auburn, where he was a 1997 All-SEC First Team selection. In his college career, Brumbaugh played in 48 games, recording 291 tackles and 15 sacks.
Conley played for Syracuse and graduated in 1995. He was a two-time All Big East First Team selection, and was voted to Syracuse University’s All-Century Team. Conley had been SU’s linebackers coach since the 2008 season. Prior to returning to the Orange, Conley had coached at Wagner.
The moves came after the Orange struggled this season in defense. SU gave up 28.5 points per game, which was 75th in the NCAA.
- Syracuse v. LSU Football Predictions - September 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Central Michigan Football Predictions - September 15, 2017
- Syracuse v. Middle Tennessee State Predictions - September 8, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Lacrosse Championship: Syracuse predictions - May 9, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse: 2017 ACC championship predictions - April 27, 2017
- Mixed Juice: Reactions to Syracuse missing 2017 NCAA Tournament - March 13, 2017
- Has Syracuse basketball done enough to make the NCAA Tournament? - March 10, 2017
- Syracuse v. Notre Dame, 1/21/17: Predictions and analysis - January 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Boston College, 1/14/17: Predictions and analysis - January 13, 2017
- Mixed Juice: 2016 Syracuse football predictions - August 19, 2016