Syracuse University is ranked No. 1 in both the Associated Press and ESPN/USA Today polls that were released on Monday.
The Orange was No. 3 last week and rose to the top spot after No. 1 Kentucky and No. 2 Ohio State lost over the weekend. SU received 28 of 30 first-place votes in the ESPN/USA Today poll, while it received 51 of 64 first-place votes in the AP poll.
Syracuse was last ranked in the top spot in the 2009-10 season.
Ohio State, Kentucky, Louisville and North Carolina rounded out the top five in the AP poll. The only difference in the ESPN/USA Today poll was Duke being ranked No. 5.
- Mixed Juice: 2016 Syracuse football predictions - August 19, 2016
- Mixed Juice: Who will start for 2016-17 Syracuse basketball? - July 29, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: Parity is the new normal - May 23, 2016
- Thoughts on athletic director Mark Coyle’s departure from Syracuse - May 12, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: ACC Tournament predictions - April 28, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Zagoria breaks down Syracuse basketball’s loss against North Carolina - April 3, 2016
- Part II — Syracuse basketball Final Four Predictions - March 31, 2016
- Syracuse basketball: Final Four Predictions Part I - March 30, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim discusses win over Virginia - March 28, 2016
- A look at the Sweet 16 - March 23, 2016