Highly touted high school senior Dajuan Coleman selected Syracuse University today, ending months of speculation where the Jamesville-DeWitt High School center would attend college.
Coleman, a 6-foot-8 center, had narrowed his schools down to Syracuse, Ohio State and Kentucky. He was rated No. 11 and No. 14, respectively, in Scout.com and ESPNU’s 2012 class.
Coleman averaged 24.5 points and 14 rebounds in his junior year, and was part of three New York State Class A championships at Jamesville-Dewitt.
He made an official visit to Syracuse over the past weekend, and Kentucky two weeks before that. He had scheduled a visit to Ohio State over the weekend, but canceled it, effectively eliminating the Buckeyes from contention.
Coleman joins a talented group of Syracuse big men, including McDonald’s High School All Americans Rakeem Christmas and Fab Melo. A third center on the Orange’s roster, Baye Moussa Keita, attended Oak Hill Academy.
- Syracuse v. Clemson Football Predictions - October 13, 2017
- Syracuse v. Pittsburgh Football Predictions - October 6, 2017
- Do moral victories mean anything for Syracuse football? - September 26, 2017
- Syracuse v. LSU Football Predictions - September 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Central Michigan Football Predictions - September 15, 2017
- Syracuse v. Middle Tennessee State Predictions - September 8, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Lacrosse Championship: Syracuse predictions - May 9, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse: 2017 ACC championship predictions - April 27, 2017
- Mixed Juice: Reactions to Syracuse missing 2017 NCAA Tournament - March 13, 2017
- Has Syracuse basketball done enough to make the NCAA Tournament? - March 10, 2017